Ideal wave - Hawkeye

tarot

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. It’s been…… oh, Jesus Christ………………..over a year since I did an Ideal Wave one this site. So, with the Hawkeye Disney + TV series dropping today, I thought I’d give myself a break and design what I would like in a possible Hawkeye Comic wave. I know I haven’t done this for the other ones but I’m burnt out in researching and want to do something fun.

If this is your first time here, I usually enforce rules unto myself:

6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
Some version of the Title hero most be in it. In this case any Hawkeye
1 to 3 Female per wave.
1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
1 or 2 brand new characters that has never been done before
1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
Each wave most have a Theme i.e. Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains. However, there is no strict rules if you want to include characters outside the theme
The Theme for this wave: Avengers characters

1. Matt Fraction’s Hawkeye and Lucky

We start off with the main character of course being Hawkeye. For this I thought since the series is heavily based on the Matt Fraction comic, it would seem like a good idea to give us that version. We did receive a version similar to this before but that was more tactical like then what was seen in the comic which was more everyday wear. He will come with bow that Old Man Hawkeye came with. Since he is the MC, he won’t come with a BAF piece and as such, he should come with the comic version of Lucky the Pizza Dog.

2. Kate Bishop

Next up we have the other star of the show Kate Bishop. We already receive a figure years ago and to the cringe of many people, the build has been used for many, many character. However, since they did her Matt Fraction version, I think they could do her own solo series where she moved to LA and opened a detective agency.

03. Echo

Taking the second of three ladies in this wave is a character that is making her MCU before she supposed to get her own series on Disney, Maya Lopez, A.K.A. Echo. We technically had a figure of her before (see below the next character) but this one will be her classic costume from the Daredevil comics. She will come we some guns as well as long and tied up heads. Both head must have the handprint.

04. Mockingbird

Next up, we have the first character not in the series (but was in the MCU though Fiege may want to forget that), Hawkeye’s ex-wife, Bobbi Morse, A.K.A. Mockingbird. (Three ladies in a wave?! Well, this is my Wishlist wave so I can do as I like.) We got a Mockingbird before in her post-Secret Invasion costume when she returned from being a captive from the Skrulls. However, we have yet to have her more classic, West Coast Avengers version. This will obviously use parts from the Lady Deathstrike build (the sleeves) but the rest will be the standard female build. Whether she has the blue/white or black/white color scheme is up to Hasbro. She of course will come with her sticks.

05. Ronin

Next up we have a figure that will work for as a second figure not only for the main character (as they usually get a second figure in a comic wave) but also for Echo, Ronin. We got a version of this way back in the Dark Days of Marvel Legends but that was way too short and extremely underarticulated. It’s actually surprising that we don’t have a more comic accurate version of this with it being a common point of the Endgame movie and Hawkeye series. You may think that they could use the Hand Ninja or the MCU version but nope. This should be all new. It will come with his two katanas as well as allow the Hawkeye and Echo heads to be put on it.

06. Swordsman

Next up we have a character that is both a hero and a villain, Swordsman. He is also very important to Hawkeye, as he was not only considered Hawkeye arch villain during his early hero days but also the person who taught Hawkeye his skills. So of course, if they did a Hawkeye wave, he must be included. Not only that but he would add another member to the Avengers shelf. If they wanted, they would later release him in a green color scheme to show his Cotati form from the Celestial Madonna and Empyre arcs.

07. Fixer

For the next character, I thought I would look at his time he was with the Thunderbolts. While I wanted to include Atlas, I thought it would be better for that to be part of an Ant-man wave. So instead, I think Hasbro should include the only other original member yet to be made (if you count Moonstone), that being Fixer. This will use the standard male buck (either the Bucky or the new Vulcan buck). The mechanical parts will just be added pieces, similar to Cable’s pads. He will of course come with new arms.

BAF: Puff Adder

We finish off this wave with the Build-A-Figure of course. There aren’t many large characters associated with Hawkeye (like I mentioned Atlas would work better as part of an Ant-man wave), so I thought we should get Hasbro to continue with a team that they haven’t added to since Rock Python (I think). Out of all the members that is a few that could be a BAF with Bushmaster and Anaconda but for this I thought we should go with the one that uses the fewest new part as most of the character I suggested would require a lot of new builds. Puff Adder is possibly the biggest member of the Society and can easily be done using the Caliban build. Hell, just get rid of the gauntlets and give him a new head, hands ands and feet.

Well that is my ideal wave of a possible Hawkeye comic wave. Would you buy it? What would be your ideal wave? 

fixer.jpeg

hawkeye.jpg

katebishop.jpg

lucky.jpg

mockingbird.jpg

puffadder.jpg

swordsman.jpg

hawkeye02roninc.jpg

echo00b.jpg

That’s pretty good wave just sad we aren’t getting much from that, at least anytime soon. WC Mockingbird and Echo are easily in my top 10 most wanted ML figures, as for others Pizza dog and New Ronin would be cool figures to get as well as new classic or 2000s Hawkeye with that metallic arm safety glove thing. As for that David Aja casual Hawkeye I think they can easily reuse old man Hawkeye figure mold, but I’m not crazy about that t shirt and pants look but I would find some attractiveness if we get 3 pack of Pizza dog and Kate and Clint but they are more likely to do this for mcu versions than comics. 

Presented my ideal Hawkeye wave a couple months ago.

1. Hawkeye (classic)
  2. Mockingbird (classic)
  3. Black Widow (ugly fishnet costume from the 1960s)
  4. Swordsman
  5. Crossfire
  6. Ringleader
  7. Oddball
  • BAF - Goliath (Clint Barton)

Pictures of the characters included with my older post. This wave has 3-4 villains depending on how you view Swordsman; at least it goes 40% of the way to completing the Death-Throws team.

You guys already pretty got everything on lock, Loving the waves, Hawkeye doesn't have much I can think of out of the realms of what you guys have already put together

anyways heres my attempt, to add something different, just throwing stuff out there that kinda works.

1. Ultimate Hawkeye (Masked) (NO BAF)

2. Jim Scully

3. Moonstone (Classic)

4. Albino

5. Bobcat

6. Dominic Fortune

7. Lady Lotus

8. Silencer

BAF = Clint Barton Goliath (red costume) (for lack of a better idea)

Not much I'd change, but I'll add my support to some of these character selections:

1. Ronin (with three swappable unmasked heads)

2. Swordsman

3. Hawkeye (classic, or this may be a long shot, but an EMH inspired costume)

4. Echo

5. Crossfire

6. Ring Master

BAF: Griffin (more of an Avengers BAF, but I'm really coming up empty on this one)

Love the two reveals today of new figures for D+ Clint and Kate. While I’ve come to like the MCU version of Clint, I’m not thrilled with his Aja comic look. Give me classic Hawkeye all day.

now.. just need to figure out if today’s reveals are a box set or the first reveals from the next D+ wave.  Be a perfect spot for an update and accurate US Agent... just saying ( again) 

On 12/3/2021 at 10:49 PM, McHogan said:

Love the two reveals today of new figures for D+ Clint and Kate. While I’ve come to like the MCU version of Clint, I’m not thrilled with his Aja comic look. Give me classic Hawkeye all day.

now.. just need to figure out if today’s reveals are a box set or the first reveals from the next D+ wave.  Be a perfect spot for an update and accurate US Agent... just saying ( again) 

I still think it's the 2-pack. Ms.Marvel is not out until the summer so it would be a long wait for another wave.