Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Retro Marvel’s Invisible Woman Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Retro Marvel’s Invisible Woman from Hasbro.  This figure is sold as a Hasbro Pulse exclusive.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_17.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_18.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_19.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Series_Fantastic_Four_Retro_Invisible_Woman_By_Dan88w_20.jpg

Long time coming. I think using as clear a plastic as possible throughout the figure wouldve been better, but its really great to get the Invisible Woman in her powered up form instead of just the FF uniform. Also good that they gave her the force field effect. That effect looks even more like "water" here than it should; it would be great if they make even more of these effects so that eventually she gets a full shield or even "dome" that could protect the entire team. 

The translucent treatment does spare us the details of the utterly inexcusable botched face they gave us this time 'round. Yay! At the same time, nothing can hide the scrawny, skinny teen age body buck they're using for this grown woman. Still, I've been grousing for an Invisible Woman for years now, and I think this is about as good as we're gonna get for awhile.

On 11/26/2021 at 11:38 PM, Atlantis said:

Long time coming. I think using as clear a plastic as possible throughout the figure wouldve been better, but its really great to get the Invisible Woman in her powered up form instead of just the FF uniform. Also good that they gave her the force field effect. That effect looks even more like "water" here than it should; it would be great if they make even more of these effects so that eventually she gets a full shield or even "dome" that could protect the entire team. 

The translucent treatment does spare us the details of the utterly inexcusable botched face they gave us this time 'round. Yay! At the same time, nothing can hide the scrawny, skinny teen age body buck they're using for this grown woman. Still, I've been grousing for an Invisible Woman for years now, and I think this is about as good as we're gonna get for awhile.

It would be awesome if Hasbro made a dome effect. They could easily repurpose it for Magneto too.

On 11/28/2021 at 1:58 AM, leokearon said:

It would be cool, even half a dome would be nice.

It would, and it would be easier to pack that with a figure. The thing is, they've been weak on special effects and other lines out there are doing way better. Considering that Hasbro Legends has been in the game way longer, and is a multibillion dollar company, they should be leading the way on this kind of thing (that includes magical effects for the likes of Dr.Strange). The shield we got for the Invisible Woman is good, but its very hard to have her hold it. Still, it helps to sell what is a very weak figure and they need to do more. 

On 11/28/2021 at 1:27 PM, Atlantis said:

It would, and it would be easier to pack that with a figure. The thing is, they've been weak on special effects and other lines out there are doing way better. Considering that Hasbro Legends has been in the game way longer, and is a multibillion dollar company, they should be leading the way on this kind of thing (that includes magical effects for the likes of Dr.Strange). The shield we got for the Invisible Woman is good, but its very hard to have her hold it. Still, it helps to sell what is a very weak figure and they need to do more. 

It's not just effects it is accessories in general. Figures aren't coming with weapons or interchangeable heads let alone effects. Hasbro seem to think a set of different hands is enough these days

Hey, who needs decent accessories with an 'exclusive' non-BAF figure when it already comes packaged with the thing all collectors covet above everything: a low quality, entirely pointless outer cardboard mailing box? (See pic).

I guess at least we should be thankful that this super-desirable, 'limited edition' packaging didn't bump the cost of the figure up by another £13 (about $10) as it did with the 'SDCC' animated Venom.

2021 Venom's an okay figure, but I'm still baffled and irritated with it, because it is just a bog-standard figure, with one swap head, two swap hands and no Eddie Brock head or 'symbiote effects'. Despite, this Hasbro upped the price by more than 50%, and somehow I ended up being £35.00 for it from Hasbropulse. That's Deluxe figure pricing, and there ain't nothing Deluxe about this Venom.

Conversely, released on the same day, the 'SDCC' Gi Joe Classified MoD Zartan (which was just £2.00 more) gets genuinely cool special packaging, an absolute tonne of accessories (all relevant, useful & useable) and has the colour changing gimmick (which,  again IMO, is one of THE BEST and most unique action features/gimmicks in all of toy history, I'd say). Wasn't worth what I paid, but I don't feel robbed.

20211129_151557.jpg

On 11/29/2021 at 4:32 PM, leokearon said:

I don't get the point of those boxes. Isn't the fact they are on Retro Packaging part of the appeal?

Exactly!! If anything, it makes the retro packaging - which you can't see 'til you open the 'collector's' outer box - obsolete. So...wtf?!??

Maybe it's useful for the folks who keep the figures on cards. I guess I don't care much either way if it doesn't add to the cost (which it hasn't with both invisible Invisible Woman and human Johnny Storm), but it seems totally pointless. Maybe if they actually put some info about the character, or a kind of tech specs gimmick it would feel less like an entirely pointless waste of space. Look for that first quarter of 2078....

I’ve never been a fan of “invisible “ figures generally but when that is the characters main  power it makes sense that this would be a version we’d get. Same with ice or light based powers I guess. Honestly liked how the Walgreens version had one arm slowly turning invisible as a representation of her powers but for some reason Hasbro didn’t consult me. 

I also think ( nothing to base this on) that the collectors boxes are strictly for shipping protection purposes only. They are meant to be discarded. At least that’s what I do. EGADS!! Have I cost myself resell options by throwing away the box ??

On 12/1/2021 at 2:22 AM, Mangle77 said:

So I recognize that this might not be the right place to post this, but I can't find anywhere else: the advertising on this site has gotten ridiculous. Ads that take up more than 50% of the screen, and don't fully close when you try to close them. Can anything be done about this?

Capture+_2021-11-30-20-58-27.png

Capture+_2021-11-30-21-14-15.png

Capture+_2021-11-30-21-15-34.png

hate to tell you mate but that's your google chrome. You must have an extension that runs ads.

Figure is cool for what it is, but is not an essential piece for me personally, I'm not even sure this is that much better then or at all then the Fantastic Four Movie Jessica Alba clear variant which I still have out on display as my Invisible Invisible women, still scrawny still just clear plastic, but I kinda like the old one it has more clearness, but hey it's cool they gave this figure a second shot

still kinda into this one

comes with some good effects too.

spacer.png