Marvel Legends Retro Spider-man Wave 2 IN PACKAGE Images - Hasbro

toynewman

NEW In packaged shots have shown up for Marvel Legends Retro Spider-man Wave 2! 

A tribute to the history of Marvel Super Heroes, the Marvel Retro 6-inch Collection features core Marvel characters with retro packaging and design. Each figure includes multiple points of articulation, classic-inspired details, and character-specific accessories. Collectors and kids alike can expand their Marvel collection with 6-inch scale figures from the Marvel Retro Collection!

Product Features

• 6 inch scale (15.24cm)
  • Made of plastic
  • Premium design and detail
  • Highly articulated for ultimate poseability and display
  • Vintage Spider-Man toy packaging
  • Multiple points of articulation
  • Classic-inspired details

Box Contents

• Symbiote Spider-Man
    • 3 Pairs of hands
  • Ben Reilly Spider-Man
    • 3 Pairs of hands
  • Spider-Armor Mk-1
    • 2 Pairs of hands
    • 2 Web effects
  • Hobgoblin
    • Glider
    • Pumpkin bomb
    • Satchel
  • Hammerhead
    • 2 Pairs of hands
    • Baseball bat
  • Shocker
    • 2 Pairs of hands
    • 2 Blast effects

As Always Pre-order yours from our Sponsors:
BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth.com

image0-2.jpeg

image1-1.jpeg

image2-1.jpeg

image3-1.jpeg

image4-1.jpeg

image5-1.jpeg

image6-1.jpeg

image7-1.jpeg

image8-1.jpeg

image9-1.jpeg

image10-1.jpeg

image11-1.jpeg

Can't wait to get this wave in, the retro Spidey stuff is probably my favorite subline at the moment. I really hope we get a third wave, or at least some more single releases outside Rhino next year. 

I do agree about Hobgoblin being lackluster, he could have been so much better. I only got one of him to keep on card, doubles of the rest,

On 12/1/2021 at 1:52 PM, Nosferatuman62172 said:

Too many Spidermans. We need more villians. I'd like to see Doc Oc but I'd prefer the classic version.

I gotta say I agree, a wave of six figures and half of them are Spider-Men is kinda outrageous, but of course they are wanted new renditions, and finally a much asked for figure, but really 3 spider-men feels a bit much, would have been cool with just 1 and the other two could be fan channels, so we could have gotten more new figs in this wave, but this does look good, finally I'll be able to get a chance at Hobgoblin not for 100 dollars, but this version is a step down from the previous one sadly.

Skipping all 3 Spideys. Hammerhead is the only must get for me to replace the Chameleon version. I've gotten every Hobgoblin figure that either Toy Biz or Hasbro has ever made, so I'm sure I'll get this one too. Shocker, I'm not sure about. I still have the Toy Biz version and the last one they did with the Deadpool smirk. So Hammerhead, yes. Hobgoblin/Shocker undecided, all 3 Spideys are a definite no.

Ben Reilly: no.

Symbiote Spider-Man: Yes

Spider-Armor: Maybe

Hammerhead: Maybe

Shocker: Yes

Hobgoblin: Yes.

Still want: 90s Doc Ock (white labcoat), Venom, Lizard, Rhino, Kraven, Carnage. That's all the Spider-Man wants I can think of right now. But if they want to slap a bunch of retro Thor characters on a Spider-Man card to get them released, I'd be fine with that.

Woo boy I’m excited for the black suit.
Shocker as well. Gonna look even better once those lines get filled in.

Will wait to see some discounts before deciding on any others.
They should’ve given Hobgoblin a new head or at least have gotten the cloak right, but I guess it is what it is. If I could find the old toybiz one I have, I’d probably use that cloak/head for this new one.

I honestly would like to see more Spider-Man civilians in this line. Aunt May is a must. I've been collecting Legends for 20 years now and she is my #1 most wanted figure that has yet to be done in the 6"' scale. I may be the only one, but I'd also love Robbie Robertson, Betty Brant and Liz Allan. I'd like a better Harry Osborn than the James Franco "Goblin" movie figure they did for Spider-Man 3 too....  I always expected they'd do an American Son figure of him, but that story line is 10 years old now at this point...

They're overusing that Sunfire mold. Perfect for Spider-Man, but really not fitted for the Shocker. Yes, he and Spidey are very similar in height and weight but he doesn't need to have the same build ( and the quilted costume is gonna muffle that anyway). Also it seems odd that they didn't paint in those quilted folds (but at least they molded them on, so kudos). 

On 12/2/2021 at 4:35 PM, Atlantis said:

They're overusing that Sunfire mold. Perfect for Spider-Man, but really not fitted for the Shocker. Yes, he and Spidey are very similar in height and weight but he doesn't need to have the same build ( and the quilted costume is gonna muffle that anyway). Also it seems odd that they didn't paint in those quilted folds (but at least they molded them on, so kudos). 

Shocker isn’t on the Sunfire mold, he’s brand new. 

On 12/2/2021 at 11:35 PM, Atlantis said:

There is no Sunfire mold in this wave. Ben and Symbiote uses the retro mold, Hammerhead uses the happy hogan mold, Hobgoblin is just a repaint. Both Armor Spidey and Shocker are 100% new.

On 12/2/2021 at 9:40 PM, Atlantis said:

Then I stand corrected. Looks like that mold, but on closer view maybe the thighs arent the same. Thanks.

It does seem to have a similar build, so I can see why you might have thought that. It does seem a bit thicker overall though, not to mention the sculpting and pinless tech.

On 12/2/2021 at 8:36 PM, Ironspider428 said:

It does seem to have a similar build, so I can see why you might have thought that. It does seem a bit thicker overall though, not to mention the sculpting and pinless tech.

Hey I should have caught all that .....not sure why i didnt.....

I want everyone but Hobgoblin, he's real party pooper here,  they only needed to put new head hobgoblin sculpt that's all, especially when you consider that original headsculpt was rather unorthodox Hobgoblin head sculpt in first place. That Black suit Spidey is exquisite looking figure that destroys previous version with ease, Ben kinda looks little off because this time paint job on the head is applied in a way that makes eyes look too close and ruins whole look for me.

On 12/3/2021 at 6:54 AM, SpiderS said:

I want everyone but Hobgoblin, he's real party pooper here,  they only needed to put new head hobgoblin sculpt that's all, especially when you consider that original headsculpt was rather unorthodox Hobgoblin head sculpt in first place. That Black suit Spidey is exquisite looking figure that destroys previous version with ease, Ben kinda looks little off because this time paint job on the head is applied in a way that makes eyes look too close and ruins whole look for me.

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking with Hobgoblin, if they really wanted to go the animated route, they should have given him a more ToyBizzy head and cape. I'm also a bit concerned because it looks like his feet don't have those little goblin/elf points to them, so it makes me worry he won't stay on the glider that well.