Jump to content

What do you want to see from Marvel Legends in 2022?


leokearon
 Share

Recommended Posts

Next year we will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of Marvel Legends and the line has be going from strength to strength. But what would you like to see from the line next year and I'm not talking about what figures you want. I'm talking about do you want more accessories, new accessories, maybe more  or less character/comic lines now that we can add F4 to the Spidey, Avengers, X-men, Deadpool and Venom lines. Do you want more or less updates, maybe more characters that haven't gotten a figure yet. Maybe you want more teams or be completed or maybe more or less themed waves that are based on a storyline or a theme like Bring on the Bad Guys.  Again this is whart you want fromt he line, not what characters you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2021 at 6:37 PM, tarot said:

Honestly from the leaks from jayc and other I think I have a pretty good and hyped expectation of what's coming.

 

If I had to pick anything its a rerelease of the human torch with a opaque design and an frigging Jim Hammond head

I clearly said this wasn't about the figures you wanted.This is about the line in general 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Completing a few teams they have started (maybe even a few surprise additions to Teams that they have deemed completed like Box & Marrina for Alpha Flight

themed waves are fine, saves me money if I have no connection like AOA, but would spend serious cash for an Avengers Under Siege wave or two. So many characters on both sides in CLASSIC designs that haven’t been done yet.

pinless bodies are great but honestly the pins never bothered me. Ok, maybe on Spidey since his classic costume has been a life long victim of the colors mismatching. Save the budget from pinless and allot it to........ every Legend has an alt head. Unmasked when appropriate and if unmasked one calm, one angry/ yelling. Also at least two pairs of character appropriate hands. Extra accessories when appropriate as well. Not every Legend needs a effect but for the cost, extra heads and hands should be standard.

More early MCU figures. Still missing many key characters from the early films. Some like Hulk haven’t gotten ANY love.

tagging onto my MCU entry: it’s gotten to the point that I’m willing to wait for film accurate figures instead of Hasbro working off early designs that are changed before they have time to edit their releases. Instead, at the time of the films release, give us comic versions of the films major characters. Then for the Blu Ray release we get the film accurate versions. Saves me money and saves Hasbro from having to fix the problem later on. 

keep the quirky releases like Web Man coming. I don’t get them all but every now and again one catches my eye and it so great that Hasbro can get them released. Used to be only the major players got new figures. Again and again.

Team box sets: more please. I’ve bitten on the Alpha Flight, Children of Thanos and Excalibur. Even if it’s only 3 members of a team, it’s a start.

more army builders as well. I’ll take them as singles or as 2 packs. Doesn’t matter who, I just want more classic Marvel ( and maybe someday MCU) henchmen/ armies

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2021 at 9:43 PM, McHogan said:

’m willing to wait for film accurate figures instead of Hasbro working off early designs that are changed before they have time to edit their releases. Instead, at the time of the films release, give us comic versions of the films major characters. Then for the Blu Ray release we get the film accurate versions. Saves me money and saves Hasbro from having to fix the problem later on.


this is a good idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to see the following:

  1. More accessories: Recently Hasbro have been skimping on the accessories front, with most figure only coming with one set of interchangeable hands. The price of the figures has gone up in order to cover rising costs but that means we should be paying for the same amount of stuff we got before the price increase not less.
  2. New accessories: As much as Hasbro love reusing molds, they seem to love reusing effects even more. The same guns, the same magic effects, the same swirly effects, the same fireballs. While they are nice, they don't always suit the characters, fireballs for Pyro and Quasar makes no sense and they deserved proper effects. 
  3. More of an emphasis on new characters: While the likes of Spidey and Iron Man will continue to be released even after the line ends, there needs to be a shift towards make more characters who haven't gotten a figure. The F4 waves don't need to have all four members all the time, Deadpool doesn't need two looks a wave. There are plenty of characters still to be done, i don't need to see the same character on a new mold or in a  new costume, I want to see someone different.
  4. Teams being completed: Especially as we now have a number of teams/line-ups that are missing one, maybe two members. It would be nice to have those finished before starting on new teams.
  5. More obscure characters: Webman and co. are fun additions to the line, but there are many others that are waiting in the wings. After you are satisified with the main characters, it's the less knwon characters that keep me interested.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, ADour said:

I would like to see the Infinity Saga become a mainstay subline. I would like a "dependable" source of figures for older movies. Eleven years and counting waiting for Whiplash, Hasbro.

Dude we are never going to get mickey rourke. Not after the way he left marvel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about theme-specific accessory packs?

For instance, a Spider-Man accessory pack could have various web effects, pumpkin bombs with explosion effects, bend-e-wire Doc Ock tentacles, long-range Electro electricity attack effect, etc.

There could be other packs specific to X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Doctor Strange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More accessories. ML has fallen behind Lightning Collection, Classified series, and now the Hasbro Fortnite figures in terms of accessories.

Female characters who don't all look the exact same, be that body mold or the headsculpt.  (Please make the Asian characters actually looks Asian, for example)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2021 at 9:39 AM, ADour said:

I would like to see the Infinity Saga become a mainstay subline. I would like a "dependable" source of figures for older movies. Eleven years and counting waiting for Whiplash, Hasbro.

1000% agree. There are enough variations in costuming for the main characters and still a ton of others that haven’t gotten Legends yet. I’ve said before that the Infinity Saga sub lines, and the First 10 Years line before, can absolutely sustain year after year and has become Marvel’s version of the Star Wars line that has been getting every character with a single frame of screen time into plastic form. Obviously Marvel/ Disney don’t need to go to that extreme but it has been wonderful getting Legends of supporting cast members like Luis, Stane, etc..

I’ve come to love the vast roster of MCU/D+ figures we’ve gotten and can’t wait to see who we get next and from which movie!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2021 at 11:51 PM, McHogan said:

1000% agree. There are enough variations in costuming for the main characters and still a ton of others that haven’t gotten Legends yet. I’ve said before that the Infinity Saga sub lines, and the First 10 Years line before, can absolutely sustain year after year and has become Marvel’s version of the Star Wars line that has been getting every character with a single frame of screen time into plastic form. Obviously Marvel/ Disney don’t need to go to that extreme but it has been wonderful getting Legends of supporting cast members like Luis, Stane, etc..

I’ve come to love the vast roster of MCU/D+ figures we’ve gotten and can’t wait to see who we get next and from which movie!

Exactly! We've reached a point when Hasbro is confident making figures for characters like Luis, Happy Hogan and Katy. The general public eats up MCU merchandise and asks for seconds. I could understand Hasbro not investing in a line like this a few years ago, but I think there's no excuse now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Give me an ALL X-Villains Wave:

BAF: Blob (Brotherhood of Evil Mutants)

*Sabretooth (Marauders) - No BAF; Double Packed

Spiral (Mojoverse) + BAF Head

Cassandra Nova (New X-Men) + BAF Torso

Exodus (Acolytes) + BAF Arm

Ruckus (Nasty Boys) + BAF Arm

Deathbird (Shi'ar) + BAF Leg

Brainchild (Savage Land Mutates) + BAF Leg

 

 

*Or fine...Albert 😡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2021 at 5:26 PM, RyanDaly said:

How about theme-specific accessory packs?

For instance, a Spider-Man accessory pack could have various web effects, pumpkin bombs with explosion effects, bend-e-wire Doc Ock tentacles, long-range Electro electricity attack effect, etc.

There could be other packs specific to X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Doctor Strange.

They'd mentioned in the past they'd like to do an accessory pack; the issue is it's not something retailers would be even remotely interested in ("Here's a bunch of small weapons and props...what, no, there's no actual action figure, why do you ask?") 

I think it would be a brilliant idea for a Pulse exclusive, though. All your ideas here are top notch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway as for my wants, I'll echo Lord_Scareglow's call for more new characters and more villains. X-side of things especially. We're getting a steady stream of at least one new X-Men wave per year, but I'm always a little disappointed when they inevitably turn out to have at least a third of the line-up taken up by redos of A-listers like Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm or Magneto. I understand why (makes perfect business sense), but I want to eventually see some of the Generation X kids, especially with Synch recently seeing a resurgence in the modern comics.

I'd list my hopes for MCU characters but let's be honest, that's about as close to a sure thing as one can get in Marvel Legends. So my desires (Echo, Wong, Agatha Harkness, ect.) are less if and more when. Though I would also like a comic Echo figure as well. 

And as ever, really want Robbie Reyes. Next year would be perfect with the Ghost Rider anniversary promotion Marvel is running.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, ADour said:

I would like to see the Infinity Saga become a mainstay subline. I would like a "dependable" source of figures for older movies. Eleven years and counting waiting for Whiplash, Hasbro.

I could see it happen, Transformers have the Studio Series line which has been a boon for movie collectors

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, leokearon said:

Next year we will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of Marvel Legends...But what would you like to see...not talking about what figures you want.... more accessories, new accessories...maybe more characters that haven't gotten a figure yet....more teams or be completed or maybe more or less themed waves that are based on a storyline or a theme like Bring on the Bad Guys....

Great topic and one I was just about to post myself.

  • I want to see the team make the figures as they are supposed to be in the comics. I want this consistently, across the board, regardless of the character's popularity, obscurity level, costume or complexity level. Whether its Spider-Man or Red Rajah, whether the costume is full body armor or crop-top and a thong. 
  • I want figures to be in scale with each other. Captain America is more physically robust than Mr. Fantastic, but Reed shouldn't look like a teen boy in comparison to him. 
  • I want the female figures to have the same articulation and body varieties the males have. Can't use the Kate Bishop mold for the Black Widow or Opal Saturnyne figures. They're just not interchangeable. 
  • I want to see characters that haven't gotten a figure yet. It shouldn't take 20 years to get figures for characters that have been around for 80 years, yet they'll churn out brand new figures from tv show characters that aired less than two months ago. 
  • I want to see a Golden Age themed wave, 70s themed wave, horror themed wave. 
  • I want to see teams completed. Its ridiculous that I should even have to say this. 
  • I want accessories to really get some variety and improvement. Magic effects for the upcoming Dr . Strange are feeble.
  • I want to see either an end to the exclusives, or at the very least a 100% improvement over how they're executed. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2021 at 8:00 PM, watanabefan said:

Anyway as for my wants, I'll echo Lord_Scareglow's call for more new characters and more villains. X-side of things especially. We're getting a steady stream of at least one new X-Men wave per year, but I'm always a little disappointed when they inevitably turn out to have at least a third of the line-up taken up by redos of A-listers like Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm or Magneto. I understand why (makes perfect business sense), but I want to eventually see some of the Generation X kids, especially with Synch recently seeing a resurgence in the modern comics.

I'd list my hopes for MCU characters but let's be honest, that's about as close to a sure thing as one can get in Marvel Legends. So my desires (Echo, Wong, Agatha Harkness, ect.) are less if and more when. Though I would also like a comic Echo figure as well. 

And as ever, really want Robbie Reyes. Next year would be perfect with the Ghost Rider anniversary promotion Marvel is running.

I'm looking for Hasbro to reissue the Riders Ghost Rider in a Toybiz style retro card, as for whether it comes with the bike or not, who knows.

What about a Ghost Rider wave with a build-a-cycle?

Ghost Rider Armored Blaze Light Up Ghost Fire ToyBiz Action Figure w/ Flame  Glow & Comic Book - Walmart.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE