What do you want to see from Marvel Legends in 2022?

leokearon

More lady villains! They’ve done better about this recently (at least for X-Men), but it’s crazy how few there have been historically. There was Dark Phoenix, then Mystique a few years later, then the Hellfire Club literally doubled the output last year, and then we doubled it again this year with Omega Sentinel, Lady Deathstrike, the prime sentinel, and Callisto. Omega Sentinel has the distinction of being the first X-villainess to actually appear in a standard wave. I want to see the total doubled again next year with Amazon, Amelia Voght, Destiny, Frenzy, Phantazia, Selene (not just Jean with a black-haired head), Spiral, and Tempo.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:32 AM, Benn said:

More lady villains! They’ve done better about this recently (at least for X-Men), but it’s crazy how few there have been historically. There was Dark Phoenix, then Mystique a few years later, then the Hellfire Club literally doubled the output last year, and then we doubled it again this year with Omega Sentinel, Lady Deathstrike, the prime sentinel, and Callisto. Omega Sentinel has the distinction of being the first X-villainess to actually appear in a standard wave. I want to see the total doubled again next year with Amazon, Amelia Voght, Destiny, Frenzy, Phantazia, Selene (not just Jean with a black-haired head), Spiral, and Tempo.

Is that right?

When you type it out like that, it really is absurd that we've only had that many female X-Villains.

I'll go with your Amelia Voght, Destiny and Spiral plus I'll add Marrow, Vertigo, Cassandra Nova, Deathbird and Malice.

Some horror type characters for Halloween. 
A mix of different franchises in one wave a year like how the old Marvel Legends line used to be: an Avengers, X-Men, Spidey, miscellaneous characters and a BAF to get more new characters out like a Blue Marvel, Captain Britain (Betsy), Ghost Spider, Sersi, Sidewinder, Brawn, Spot, Ikon the Spaceknight with Cosmo BaF: Ronan the Accuser 
More research going into characters: Sasquatch is supposed to tower over a Hulk, same with Xemnu. Omega Sentinel is supposed to have brown skin. Squirrel Girl is supposed to have buck teeth

Stop putting army builders as part of waves and BAFs 

Honestly, and this is a bit of a random thing and it's totally not a great business move, but, I would love to see Pulse exclusives be sort of "made-to-order", so to speak. Basically, so they technically can't sell out, at least for army builders.

On 12/9/2021 at 2:02 AM, Dabboi said:

Honestly, and this is a bit of a random thing and it's totally not a great business move, but, I would love to see Pulse exclusives be sort of "made-to-order", so to speak. Basically, so they technically can't sell out, at least for army builders.

If they wanted to ensure profits, I wonder if they could approach it similar to a crowdfunding campaign, where they say essentially offer a pre-order window of a month or so, and you can order however many you want. But when the window is closed, they might not offer it again for a whole year, or something. I'm not sure if that's any better than the current system. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 8:36 AM, RyanDaly said:

If they wanted to ensure profits, I wonder if they could approach it similar to a crowdfunding campaign, where they say essentially offer a pre-order window of a month or so, and you can order however many you want. But when the window is closed, they might not offer it again for a whole year, or something. I'm not sure if that's any better than the current system. 

I think the crowd-funding thing is a great idea and has obviously worked already for big-ticket items. I wonder how it would translate to an individual figure or a wave of figures.

A lot of people complain about the AoA X-Men waves shelf-warming. Would it be good for them to sell a wave at the normal price through crowd-funding? 

I would think that guaranteed payment and no extra production would be a value to a manufacturer.

Saw people talking about the off topic, but real problem! that Hasbro doens't make Lady Villains... well we need lady villains

Since 2014

this is all of the lady villains we have gotten

this is pathetic, since most repeat themselves.. you kidding me Hasbro ? make 2022 year of the Evil Women!

Hela (SDCC Exclusive in Box Set)
Thundra
Enchantress
Lady Beetle
Nebula (MCU)
Hela (MCU)
Hela (MCU in 2 pack)
Dark Phoenix (Exclusive in 2 Pack)
Scream
Typhoid Mary
Proxima Midnight (MCU)
Mystique
Ghost (MCU in 2 pack)
Emma Frost (Walgreens)
Mystique (Fox)
White Rabbit
White Queen (Hascon HFC box)
Black Queen (Hascon HFC box)
Proxima Midnight (Amazon Exclusive 5 pack)
Omega Sentinel
Shriek
Lady Deathstrike
Female Sentinel Prime (Haslab Galactus pack in)
Callisto (Amazon Exclusive 5 pack)

What If Nebula doesn't count since she was good in that show, and Melina doesn't count she was good in the movie, while her counterpart in the comics is evil.

spacer.png

On 1/7/2022 at 1:11 AM, Satam said:

Now that we've gotten four or five figures of her dad, we need a figure of Sin.

yeah like I just said we need to focus on getting Female villains, no excuses anymore, of course we need Sin,

Toybiz probably ran with the excuse female figures didn't sell well, and it's archaic Toybiz only made 3 female villains in their run, once Hasbro started in the early days they barely released any , in like 20 years of Legends we have not cracked like 30 female villains, we certainly need a Sin, how about how easy it would be to do a Titania? Viper, Superia, Black Mamba, Iron Maiden, Diamondback, Karnilla, Calypso, Lady Bullseye, Volcana, Lillith, Madame Masque, Crimson Cowl, Agony, Morgan Le Fay, Destiny I could go on,,, clearly there is no short list, yet we get none.

if we can get Frogman or rock python we can get some lady villains.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:44 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah like I just said we need to focus on getting Female villains, no excuses anymore, of course we need Sin,

Toybiz probably ran with the excuse female figures didn't sell well, and it's archaic Toybiz only made 3 female villains in their run, once Hasbro started in the early days they barely released any , in like 20 years of Legends we have not cracked like 30 female villains, we certainly need a Sin, how about how easy it would be to do a Titania? Viper, Superia, Black Mamba, Iron Maiden, Diamondback, Karnilla, Calypso, Lady Bullseye, Volcana, Lillith, Madame Masque, Crimson Cowl, Agony, Morgan Le Fay, Destiny I could go on,,, clearly there is no short list, yet we get none.

if we can get Frogman or rock python we can get some lady villains.

Your comment here inspired me to take a look at all the BAF  and Retro waves we got in 2021 and the confirmed waves for 2022..., and I was surprised to see that with two exceptions, they all either had at max, two female characters in them.

Stilt-Man: Spider-Gwen

Mr. Hyde: Xialing

Captain America's wings: Scarlet Witch

Xemnu: Lady Deathstrike

Usrsa Major: Ironheart and Darkstar

AOA Colossus: Rogue and Shadowcat

Retro FF: Invisible Woman

Gilgamesh: Sersi and Sprite

Armadillo: Shriek

Rintrah: Miss America

Bonebreaker: Siryn

The two aforementioned exceptions were the Tri-Sentinel (Moira, Jean and Omega Sentinel) and Uatu (Captain Carter, Sylvie and Nebula) waves. This year's Retro Spidey wave had zero. I wonder if that's practice or just an odd coincidence. So either way, I would say the lack of female villains can be traced back to the relatively small percentage of the wave female characters get to take up in any given wave, with heroines usually taking precedence in those slots. Like, I can see how if you're doing an X-Men wave with just one woman, a heroine like Siryn or Wolfsbane would seem a more attractive pull than someone like Destiny or Spiral, but it's still unfortunate.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:21 PM, watanabefan said:

Your comment here inspired me to take a look at all the BAF  and Retro waves we got in 2021 and the confirmed waves for 2022..., and I was surprised to see that with two exceptions, they all either had at max, two female characters in them.

Stilt-Man: Spider-Gwen

Mr. Hyde: Xialing

Captain America's wings: Scarlet Witch

Xemnu: Lady Deathstrike

Usrsa Major: Ironheart and Darkstar

AOA Colossus: Rogue and Shadowcat

Retro FF: Invisible Woman

Gilgamesh: Sersi and Sprite

Armadillo: Shriek

Rintrah: Miss America

Bonebreaker: Siryn

The two aforementioned exceptions were the Tri-Sentinel (Moira, Jean and Omega Sentinel) and Uatu (Captain Carter, Sylvie and Nebula) waves. This year's Retro Spidey wave had zero. I wonder if that's practice or just an odd coincidence. So either way, I would say the lack of female villains can be traced back to the relatively small percentage of the wave female characters get to take up in any given wave, with heroines usually taking precedence in those slots. Like, I can see how if you're doing an X-Men wave with just one woman, a heroine like Siryn or Wolfsbane would seem a more attractive pull than someone like Destiny or Spiral, but it's still unfortunate.

Yeah it's a pretty big shame to see the lack of females present in the Legends line, yeah looking at it as a whole, females in general are lacking majorly, both hero and villain department, I'm not sure the whole females don't sell well to boys point is fact anymore it's more moot at this point, because they sell just fine, 2021 overview looking at that list only the Eternals were pegwarmers (oh and you forgot Makkari), and well all of the Eternals were pegwarmers regardless of gender of course we did get some non wave females I.E. firestar, she-hulk, ajak, thena and the ladies in excalibur and x-force, but still very little.

if the Villains got a much needed wave we need a Marvel Ladies wave or two, maybe another box set. The marvel universe has no shortage of Females, and it's not like we don't want them.

I'd love to see an entire All-Female wave with a good balance of heroes and villains, or even do an all-Female Villains wave. Also All-Black, All-Asian, All-Latino/Hispanic, All-Native American, All Teenager, All Horror, All LGBTQ+ waves. I don't know more themed waves to get more underrepresented characters in figure form out there: White Tigers (Hector & Angela), Speed, Aero, Talisman, Echo, Gentle, Wave, White Fox, Luna Snow, Phyla-Vell & Moondragon, Quasar (Avril Kincaid), America Chavez, Satana, Hellstrom, Viv Vision, Snowguard, Bombshell, Dust etc...

Another thing I'd like to see is a newer body to replace the Scaled body, because that body is too fragile, because I recently purchased a King Cobra and it snapped at the right leg, and others have had that same problem with the body, so a new body to replace it and to get a better King Cobra

On 1/10/2022 at 2:08 PM, Inspection12e said:

What I want to see now is more reveals.  There aren't a lot of figures in the pipeline right now. 

Two whole waves

The Toy Biz Anniversary line

The X-Men Animated Series line

Defender strange, classic Dr. Strange, Ragnarok, Ulik, Baron Zemo, Jigsaw. D+ Clint and Kate, Knull and Iron Spider (The Spidey Anniversary line).

Haslab Galtactus + Heralds

That's over 30 figures that we know of so far this year. I would call that a lot.

On 1/10/2022 at 6:37 PM, leokearon said:

Two whole waves

The Toy Biz Anniversary line

The X-Men Animated Series line

Defender strange, classic Dr. Strange, Ragnarok, Ulik, Baron Zemo, Jigsaw. D+ Clint and Kate, Knull and Iron Spider (The Spidey Anniversary line).

Haslab Galtactus + Heralds

That's over 30 figures that we know of so far this year. I would call that a lot.

I agree. And that's only what's been shown up to this point. Feels like 2022 will be even more packed than 2021 and last year was really packed. 

On 1/8/2022 at 10:45 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah it's a pretty big shame to see the lack of females present in the Legends line, yeah looking at it as a whole, females in general are lacking majorly, both hero and villain department, I'm not sure the whole females don't sell well to boys point is fact anymore it's more moot at this point, because they sell just fine, 2021 overview looking at that list only the Eternals were pegwarmers (oh and you forgot Makkari), and well all of the Eternals were pegwarmers regardless of gender of course we did get some non wave females I.E. firestar, she-hulk, ajak, thena and the ladies in excalibur and x-force, but still very little.

if the Villains got a much needed wave we need a Marvel Ladies wave or two, maybe another box set. The marvel universe has no shortage of Females, and it's not like we don't want them.

Maybe now that Hasbro has the pinless female body mold more female figures will be churned out.

On 1/11/2022 at 7:30 AM, Emnems80 said:

Maybe now that Hasbro has the pinless female body mold more female figures will be churned out.

In that way, I’m kinda glad they haven’t put out a whole lot of females yet bc watching many of them get put on the Kate Bishop mold has not been fun to me ha.