Captain Kate Pryde Assembles A New Crew

JayC

DESTINY OF X, The Second Age of Krakoa, is on the horizon! Emerging from the aftermath of INFERNO and X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE comes exciting new X-Men titles such as a Kieron Gillen and Lucas Werneck’s IMMORTAL X-MEN and exciting creative team changes for continuing hit titles such as MARAUDERS!

Launching with a brand-new #1, writer Steve Orlando will take over the mutant seafaring series MARAUDERS alongside rising star artist Eleonora Carlini this March. Together they’ll chart a new course for this thrilling title that has left a unique mark on the mutant mythos with its high seas action and cutthroat storytelling! Before March’s MARAUDERS #1, fans can come aboard for the first adventure of Orlando’s run in next month’s MARAUDERS ANNUAL #1 where he’ll be joined by artist Crees Lee.

Captain Pryde and the Marauders are rededicating themselves to rescuing mutants, wherever they may be, and no matter how dangerous the odds against them are. Joining Kate and Bishop will be Psylocke, Daken, Aurora, Tempo, and Somnus, the new mutant hero who debuted earlier this year in MARVEL’S VOICES: PRIDE #1! But Captain Pryde’s crew is not yet complete! Against her better judgment, Pryde comes face-to-face with the final Marauder, someone no fan will see coming but may be the Marauders’ only chance to unravel a mystery stretching two billion years into the past!

“Taking the helm of MARAUDERS is easily the most exciting moment of my career, especially when it's my first-ever ongoing not just on Krakoa, but at Marvel in general,” Orlando said. “Exploding out of the team's already-amazing adventures as part of Hellfire Trading, Captain Pryde's new crew of Marauders will stop at nothing to bring endangered mutants to safety -- to always go where they're needed, not where they're wanted. To mutant rescue, wherever it calls them!

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for the shocking reveal of the final Marauder! Set sail for the next chapter of Marauders when MARAUDERS #1 hits stands on March 30 and be there for the very beginning when MARAUDERS ANNUAL #1 hits stands on January 12.

MARAUDERS #1
Written by STEVE ORLANDO
Art by ELEONORA CARLINI
Cover by KAEL NGU
On Sale 3/30

MARAUDERS2022001_cover.jpg

On 12/9/2021 at 3:19 PM, tarot said:

I recognise everyone even that glory eyed fella whose name I can't for the life of me remember  but who is that behind him?

Jayna? Wonder Twins powers ACTIVATE! 😉 Pretty sure that's Aurora, sporting a newer look.

image.thumb.gif.d9928e86837b89a989004ec0243ed5ca.gif

On 12/9/2021 at 11:20 AM, Hogun said:

Is the mysterious member Juggernaut?

"Against her better judgment, Pryde comes face-to-face with the final Marauder, someone no fan will see coming"

Juggernaut doesn't really fit that description plus he's on Kurt's new team. So my first thought is Ogun. But maybe Harpoon or best bet...The Adversary. He just popped up in Phoenix Song Echo. 

"unravel a mystery stretching two billion years into the past!" I'd say The Adversary could fit this.

On 12/9/2021 at 4:16 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

I get the point of the look but Kitty/Kate needs a new costume LOL

Lollz I love me a Pirate Kitty , she looks excellent, some of those other guys suffer from the opposite and they didn't need new costumes, Bishop and Daken come to mind...Bishop looks like he belongs in Cyberpunk and Daken is now the son of Akuma ?