Marvel Teasing Captain Carter Comic Book Series?

JayC

Marvel Comics today released this image for what appears to be the shield of Captain Carter who first appeared in the MCU Disney+ What If...? animated series. Included with the image was the caption that simple said REPORTING FOR DUTY THIS MARCH... They also said stay tuned tomorrow for more information.

Teaser.jpg

curious, in a way i did had a thought or a hunch about something like a tv spin off series focusing on Captain Carter would be made or so, well more or less my thought came into fruit and well Marvel is known for their comics soo it has  to start somewhere.

On 12/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, Atlantis said:

They should change the shape of her shield to make it more distinctive. 

My Captain Britain 3 pack arrived....I put it on him, but its really too small for the figure. 

Need to place my Union Jack with the both of them....Rule Brittania!

I intend to make a display of her n Steve Rogers from the 2 pack. Behind her will be this fig, and perhaps the What if series one. Behind him will be a couple of MCU Caps.

Captain Carter, the fan-favorite character recently featured in Marvel Studios’ What If will report for duty in her very own comic series this March! Prolific creator Jamie McKelvie, known for his defining work on characters like Captain Marvel and the Young Avengers, will now use his acclaimed talents to bring this Marvel super hero to the forefront of Marvel Comics canon, writing the series and designing the character’s brand-new look. McKelvie will be joined by rising star artist Marika Cresta, known for her recent work on STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA.

The five-issue limited series will introduce Captain Carter in an adventure that will find Peggy Carter as a woman out of time, facing the reappearance of an old foe in modern day and deciding what she stands for as the wielder of the shield.

A reality where Agent Peggy Carter took the Super-Soldier Serum instead of Steve Rogers is turned upside down when the World War II hero is pulled from the ice where she was lost in action decades before. Peggy struggles to find her footing in a modern world that’s gotten a lot more complicated – cities are louder, technology is smarter and enemies wear friendly faces. Everyone with an agenda wants Captain Carter on their side, but what does Peggy want? And will she have time to figure it out when mysterious forces are already gunning for her?

“I'm as big a fan of the Captain Carter we've seen onscreen as anybody, so I jumped at the chance to create our own version,” McKelvie said. “I'm having a great time exploring what it would be like for Peggy to wake up nearly 80 years after the end of the war. The world remembers the myth of Captain Carter, but to Peggy the reality was just yesterday. Now she finds herself in a nearly unrecognizable new world, how does she fit in? Can she be the super hero people want her to be? Exploring these questions has been really exciting, and I love the world Marika and I have come up with. I can't wait for people to see Marika's pages - there's so much life and energy to Peggy and the rest of the cast, and the action scenes are stunning.

Don’t miss this unforgettable new Marvel saga when CAPTAIN CARTER #1 hits stands on March 9!

CAPTAIN CARTER #1 (OF 5)
Written by JAMIE MCKELVIE
Art by MARIKA CRESTA
Cover by JAMIE MCKELVIE
Design Variant Cover by JAMIE MCKELVIE
On Sale 3/9

CAPCARTER2022001_Cov.jpg

CAPCARTER2022001_DesignVar.jpg

Well, so much for changing the shield shape, judging by the logo. Not a deal breaker....but what is with that costume??  The asymmetrical flag design worked great for Alpha Flight's Guardian, but here it just looks weird. I like that cover shot though. Gonna have to look more into this Jamie McKelvie work; it didn't really grab me on Captain Marvel but this looks good.

ok... i mean the shield is alright definitely that, but that costume, ehhhhgg not a fan of it, i like the tv show look a lot better, i mean i guess they were trying to not to overuse the flag symbol a lot on the costume, but i think they could had done better with her costume, not sure how but they could had.

On 12/10/2021 at 1:44 PM, K9-K1N6 said:

ok... i mean the shield is alright definitely that, but that costume, ehhhhgg not a fan of it, i like the tv show look a lot better, i mean i guess they were trying to not to overuse the flag symbol a lot on the costume, but i think they could had done better with her costume, not sure how but they could had.

Yeah, I'm with you...