Eternals Comes To Disney+ On January 12

JayC

On 12/10/2021 at 1:00 PM, Atlantis said:

Why?

So germaphobes like yours truly can stay at home, cook up some fresh homemade popcorn (as in cooked and popped in oil...ain't nothing like it!) drenched in real butter, kick back on the couch with an ice-cold Pepsi (with perhaps a little bowl of dark chocolate chippits and raisins....the cost-saving alternative to chocolate covered raisins), relax and watch it with Bae....never once having to worry about someone sneezing, coughing or people who don't know how to stay quite for two hours or forget to turn off their cell phones. 😄

Oh, and great news by the way! Looking forward to seeing it!

On 12/10/2021 at 12:00 PM, Atlantis said:

Why?

Well, it's theirs, and felt that the time was enough for it to be in Disney+, besides they need content so people go and or keep their subscription to the service... And by the box office, it barely surpassed Black Widow that was on Theaters and the service, or probably another reason we might never know about...

The “why” in question isn’t literal. It’s in spirit of the general public shrugging at the news. And I agree. This movie still has zero appeal to me. I’m sure I’ll see it someday but until then.. “shrug”...

That seems quick, but I guess that's the turnaround these days, I still remember the VHS and early DVD days when a movie would take like a year or 6 months to get a home video release, now they come, and they go

anyways naysayers should check this movie out, you might be surprised 😉

On 12/10/2021 at 4:29 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

That seems quick, but I guess that's the turnaround these days, I still remember the VHS and early DVD days when a movie would take like a year or 6 months to get a home video release, now they come, and they go

anyways naysayers should check this movie out, you might be surprised 😉

Even longer, depending on the time the movie spent in the Theaters and the income it generates... But yeah, now it feels that they come and go so fast the don't create that lasting impression like before, but well part of the fast culture we have with so many platforms, not only VOD but also Social, etc...

On 12/10/2021 at 5:48 PM, icematta said:

Even longer, depending on the time the movie spent in the Theaters and the income it generates... But yeah, now it feels that they come and go so fast the don't create that lasting impression like before, but well part of the fast culture we have with so many platforms, not only VOD but also Social, etc...

Yes you are correct, back in those days it was ultimately determined by how long the theatres showed a movie based on the income generated, movies like Jurassic Park if I can recall spent like a whole year in the theatre, but yeah it was always so exciting when a movie finally made it to home release, it was a special moment, obviously the climate has changed since streaming and so forth, but it still always boggles my mind when a movie can go from in theatres to 2 weeks later DVD

On 12/11/2021 at 2:48 PM, Goldbug said:

well Hasbro Pulse gave me a month free of Disney+ for ordering their HasLab Skystriker

I guess I will have something to watch then

how does something hasbro did have anything to do with Disney? I know it is a sarcastic comment but it's 2 completely companies. Hasbro only has the license to make Marvel figures. Anything outside of that has nothing to do with them.

On 12/11/2021 at 10:05 AM, tarot said:

how does something hasbro did have anything to do with Disney? I know it is a sarcastic comment but it's 2 completely companies. Hasbro only has the license to make Marvel figures. Anything outside of that has nothing to do with them.

Not exactly sure what the impetus was for the joint effort, but if you look at the promotion on Hasbro Pulse's website, the image they feature for the Disney+ discount is from Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. I think this Pulse/D+ promotion started on Black Friday. Why they chose Disney over HBOMax or Paramount for example, I can only speculate it has to do with the Marvel and Star Wars crossover appeal. Hasbro was desperately trying to fund the HasLab Star Wars Black Series Rancor, which failed ("sad trombone"), so maybe that was part of the extra incentive.

On 12/14/2021 at 12:09 AM, Falls22 said:

I didn’t think they were going to put the movies on Disney plus anymore after black widows lawsuit and what not? Right?

you mean the lawsuit that they settled and even gave her a starring role in one of their next movie that they will be putting on the service? 

Once the movie gets a few weeks in the theatres, usually 45days, they will be putting it on the streaming service. The only reason Scarlet sued them is because they broke her contract. They will continue putting movie on the service.