Hasbro Marvel Legends December 2021 Live-Stream Coverage - Doctor Strange, Toy Biz Tribute Hulk And More

JayC

On 12/16/2021 at 10:59 AM, Benn said:

That X-Men wave looks incredible. Preliminarily, confused why Maggott has no goggles.

I think Joe Mad Maggott didn't have goggles(?) Were the goggles a Carlos Pacheco rendition?

Instant buys are Siryn, Maggott and Sabes. Maybe Havok. Will wait on sales for Darwin, Vulcan. Clearance on Wolverine. Or never lol

Pre-ordered D'Spayre, Sleepwalker, and Hulk. 

Looking forward to Havok and first appearance Sabretooth, which I prefer to the Jim Lee version anyway.

Also really, really happy about Ulik... although, as a Walmart exclusive, ehhh... less happy about that, but I had no problems ordering Doctor Strange, so hopefully that works too.

Seems to confirm that Super Villains is the theme for the Walgreens' exclusives in 2022. I'll probably get Jigsaw just to have more gangster characters, and that head does look awesome. Hopefully it's easier finding Baron Zero than it was Nova. 

Hasbro continues to kill it with their amazing sculpting but I’m underwhelmed with the selections. 

Hulk needed purple tighties not another pair of ripped pants. It’s right there on the comic!! Will probably pass.

Jigsaw is perfect use of that Hammerhead suit body. But yawn..

The Dr Strange stuff is promising. A little surprised that there was no Wanda but bet she gets a store exclusive. Guess I didn’t realize America Chavez was in this movie fun surprise. Close enough too to double for comic version?

Wong and Mordo look great, more amazing MCU face sculpting. Plus Wong is way overdue.

is this regular Dr Strange the same as the Spidey NWH version? Odd choice. And the Astral form is better than the one we got last time but barely. 

Like the Target Strange, that is a fun comic inspired look. Perhaps a villainous Dr? 

Ragnarok is a bit of a bummer too but the accessories are cool. Have the select version of the spinning hammer so not a must buy. Plus, I know this isn’t “Thor” but it kinda is.. was hoping for a bearded head here..

anyway, minor complaints, love to see more great product. Marvel Legends is truly the greatest super hero line ever

Yeah, not sure what 1970s-Hair Hulk is all about. Actually, I need to go back and check my 70s Hulk issues to see if he actually looked like that back then, lol. Yeah, cool overall; Havok (perfection), Zemo and Sabertooth are all I want. That portrait on Sabertooth though...just a bit too much on the cartoonishly evil side. I'd have preferred a more animalistic and fanged snarl. Ah well, still looks great! 

On 12/16/2021 at 2:23 PM, Air-Walker said:

Yeah, not sure what 1970s-Hair Hulk is all about. Actually, I need to go back and check my 70s Hulk issues to see if he actually looked like that back then, lol. 

Reminds me of the covers to the Rampaging Hulk magazine, but Hasbro has been all about that hair lately. the anniversary Iron Man and Captain America, as well as the Walmart Doctor Strange all have that luxurious hair. 😆

The entire Bonebreaker and Rintrah waves look great! I went ahead and pre-ordered the whole Rintrah wave minus the regular Dr. Strange.

Although I like the effect with the Defenders Dr. Strange, I'm going to pass on that. I already ordered the Walmart Dr. Strange, so I'm all Stranged out.

Ragnarok is one of those figures that I've been waiting on for a very long time, always seemed like it would be super easy to do. Looks great! That's a must get. I was kind of hoping they'd stick him in a wave with Kurse and the Warriors Three, but will take him where I can get him. I have the original SDCC Ulik and don't feel like this a good representation of a Rock Troll army builder, so will pass on getting him.

Are you kidding me with Jigsaw being a damn Walgreens exclusive?!? Wake up, Guys. Walgreens doesn't put these figures on the shelves. I just recently paid $40 for Nova on ebay and fully expect to have to do the same with Quasar, Binary and now Jigsaw. Please, please end the Walgreen exclusives. I hate them so, so much.  

20th Hulk has a great 60s/70s look. I like it. I didn't pick up one of the previous anniversary Hulks so I went ahead pre-ordered this guy. I'm hoping that yellow Mandroid head is a precursor to a repainted re-released Mandroid in the near future....

All in all, some pretty nice reveals! Weird timing though for the week before Christmas for figures that won't be out until next year, maybe next week would have been better or the first week of January?

On 12/16/2021 at 2:21 PM, McHogan said:

is this regular Dr Strange the same as the Spidey NWH version? Odd choice. And the Astral form is better than the one we got last time but barely. 

Regular Doctor Strange is from the new movie and is a brand-new sculpt. Astral Strange is from the first movie and is using the NWH sculpt. In my opinion, new Astral Strange is a huge upgrade, using that much better head and body sculpt from the NWH version and much more movie-accurate colors, unlike whatever pinkish-white thing the original version had going on.

Classic Havok and Vulcan are must-haves for me. Maggott looks interesting. Classic Sabretooth is a hard pass though. I prefer the 90s version on that Hyperion mold. But how desperate was Hasbro that they decided to do Wolverine with heated claws? Also who the*Eric Cartman* is Rintah? It looks like it came out of South Park. Still waiting on me and my friends...

On 12/16/2021 at 10:23 AM, Air-Walker said:

"Yeah, not sure what 1970s-Hair Hulk is all about.... Sabertooth though...just a bit too much on the cartoonishly evil side. I'd have preferred a more animalistic and fanged snarl..."

It kinda looks like they were going for a Sal Buscema styled Hulk head, and he did have a very long run on the comic (some of John Romita's Hulk heads looked like that too). However that doesn't look like what the Toybiz figure was aiming for, and if this is supposed to be a tribute to toybiz, its just off. For Sabertooth, I don't know why they just didn't go for his first appearance (in Iron Fist) look. If this is what that was supposed to be, again, it missed the mark.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:31 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Regular Doctor Strange is from the new movie and is a brand-new sculpt. Astral Strange is from the first movie and is using the NWH sculpt. In my opinion, new Astral Strange is a huge upgrade, using that much better head and body sculpt from the NWH version and much more movie-accurate colors, unlike whatever pinkish-white thing the original version had going on.

Good eye. Maybe you can help me again: is that new Astonishing Wolverine his classic Astonishing suit? Those black shoulder pads make me think it’s not 

You know what was even worse than the horrible reveals of Adequate Captain America, Ron Jeremy Iron Man and wtf!!!?!???Hulk?  Looking at the prices of the 20th Anniversary figures.

Holy toast!!! I know Hasbro just loves the 'retro' suck-up collectors ('You idiots  bought these figures when Toy Biz did 'em, so it's just gotta be worth £12 / $14 for a non-BAF, non-deluxe figure with extra cardboard, right? Course it is! Listen to your cheerleaders on YouTube!') but after the extremely satisfactory, fairly priced 50th Anniversary Cap, Thor and Iron Man (and the 20 slightly different Hulks released in 2020 and 2021), I don't feel I need any of these figures. The one vaguely interesting proposition - Ragnarok -  is priced at the super-deluxe level: Modok or Hydra Stomper price. NOT WORTH IT.

Looking forward to the X-Men wave of course, but the rest seems like exploitative, over-priced twaddle - Dr Strange with a ring of fire accessory is really a Deluxe figure? Seriously? Collectors aren't all that dumb are they? - so very definite, disgusted hard pass.

It's been a hellaciously bad year for Marvel studios, and probably the one picture that would have sparked interest in the dead-on-its-feet MCU - Spider-Man: No Way Home - is going to hit at the same time as a new national lockdown (in the UK, at any rate). The Eternals was grisly death (and not because of 'diversity') and Shang-Chi (which I actually really liked) just fell flat at the box office.  They can't give most of these figures away, so the new play is: more comic-based items we've done to death already, but at double the price. Good luck with that, boys.

Siryn with closed mouth? Looks good. Hopefully they add a second head.

Bonebreaker looks a little silly, but still cool. No big deal about the treads to me.

The Toy-biz Sabertooth isn't great, but is good enough for me. This figure looks good, though.

That Wolverine....

Good for everyone who gets Havok, and the retcon X-Men.

Maggott looks good, too. I'm looking forward to him, Siryn, and Bonebreaker.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:39 PM, McHogan said:

Good eye. Maybe you can help me again: is that new Astonishing Wolverine his classic Astonishing suit? Those black shoulder pads make me think it’s not 

It's not Astonishing Wolverine! It's the weird classic tiger-stripe and Astonishing mish-mash that he wore in Return of Wolverine, when he returned from the dead with claws that he could somehow super-heat.