Hasbro Marvel Legends December 2021 Live-Stream Coverage - Doctor Strange, Toy Biz Tribute Hulk And More

JayC

On 12/16/2021 at 2:06 PM, Benn said:

It's not Astonishing Wolverine! It's the weird classic tiger-stripe and Astonishing mish-mash that he wore in Return of Wolverine, when he returned from the dead with claws that he could somehow super-heat.

A new power that was also immediately forgotten about as soon as Hickman took over.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:01 PM, LandoTucker said:

.  They can't give most of these figures away, so the new play is: more comic-based items we've done to death already, but at double the price. Good luck with that, boys.

Eh? They literally just showed off an entire wave dedicated to the Doctor Strange movie + an exclusive, in addition to the new Hawkeye and Kate Bishop. They'll most certainly still be making figures for the future MCU properties, so I'm not even sure where this claim is coming from.

Even the claim that they're desperately just trying to sell comic stuff we've already bought at a markup doesn't really hold up when we got 7 never before done characters (8 if you count Jigsaw, who was done by ToyBiz but not Hasbro) shown off today.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:28 PM, watanabefan said:

Blind guess: backpack for a Sam Raimi anniversary Spider-Man. Alternatively maybe a civilian Peter Parker. But it's definitely something Spidey related.

I wonder if there is anything to the fact that Ryan pulled the backpack out of a backpack. Dan said, "I see what you did there," as if that was a clue itself. 

Okay wow, so much more revealed then I'd have imagined, I'm gonna need that Zemo, Jigsaw and Ulik no questions, those are fantastic, Not interested in that new Hulk, I actually don't like the face sculpts something weird about them and it reminds me of Boss Nass, I'm happy with the 80th Hulk, Ragnarok is cool and has some nice accessories, but that's gonna be a pass, it's just too much like 80th Thor, I think I'm good on it, the X-Men figs look cool enough, but really only excited about Siryn, although I'm diggin Darwin (and his gray alien look), Maggot and Bonebreaker is really well done (but that weirdo super wacky happy face is kinda bugging me), any ways rest of the wave is pretty meh, not feeling another Wolverine, boring Havok, boring small Sabretooth, and Vulcan is pretty meh to me, but guess we shall see when the time comes what I really decide on buying, Ulik, Zemo, Jigsaw, Siryn & Maggot are a for sure though.

Really liking the use of the Hercules buck in maggot. But we get this shitty ass Sabertooth on hasbros like 4 th try, tf man? I'm not liking the Darwin, and really like the ahvok effects and the new vulcan mold. But why why did hasbro use that damn buck for sleepwalking he is 7 feet tall, the one time we ever gonna get him he is done wrong. And the defender strange looks damn good but for how much...clearance here we go. Not a bad showing for hasbro, surprised they showed so much. 

On 12/16/2021 at 2:30 PM, RyanDaly said:

Reminds me of the covers to the Rampaging Hulk magazine, but Hasbro has been all about that hair lately. the anniversary Iron Man and Captain America, as well as the Walmart Doctor Strange all have that luxurious hair. 😆

I was thinking the same thing. The Toybiz inspired figures as well as the upcoming DR Strange must have been sculpted by a hair salon dropout haha

at the very least, the above mentioned figures stand out. Masked or otherwise. They all look amazing.. 

wonder if toad will get a luxurious hair upgrade too? Haha now that will be something to see

On 12/16/2021 at 2:30 PM, RyanDaly said:

Reminds me of the covers to the Rampaging Hulk magazine, but Hasbro has been all about that hair lately. the anniversary Iron Man and Captain America, as well as the Walmart Doctor Strange all have that luxurious hair. 😆

I know right? The sculptor either has stylist roots (or ambitions?) or is balding with a healthy dose of hair envy, lol.

Some thoughts on the XMen stuff

Darwin: no idea who this guy is but may army build him asxgeneric grey alien types. 

Havoc looks great. May grab to add to my very small classic XMen team

Sabretooth is channeling Willem DaFoe here.

Siren, I’m sure they will give her a screaming head but did they hold off because of immature fanboys? 

wolverine: may be the first Wolverine I skip. Unlike the classic brown mashup from the tri Sentinel wave that hit all the right notes for updating a classic suit, this one misses the mark for over design.

the rest look cool, glad the X fans gets some great product. 

On 12/16/2021 at 2:38 PM, Typhis said:

Seriously stop with the F@#king Walgreens exclusives.....

A-M-E-N!!! A punch in the gut every freaking time!

On 12/16/2021 at 2:36 PM, Atlantis said:

It kinda looks like they were going for a Sal Buscema styled Hulk head, and he did have a very long run on the comic (some of John Romita's Hulk heads looked like that too). However that doesn't look like what the Toybiz figure was aiming for, and if this is supposed to be a tribute to toybiz, its just off. For Sabertooth, I don't know why they just didn't go for his first appearance (in Iron Fist) look. If this is what that was supposed to be, again, it missed the mark.

Agreed. I really and intensely dislike it when they try to hybridize classic looks with modern ones. For my part I'll paint his has and feet, but that maniacal grin gets even sillier the more I look it. 🤷‍♂️

On 12/16/2021 at 5:12 PM, Air-Walker said:

Agreed. Zemo should be easy enough to get via Gamestop; it's whether Ulik even turns up at Walmart that gives my innards a churn or two, lol.

Yeah that was a feeling I had as well, my guts bubbled a bit thinking about Ulik being a Walmart exclusive, nothing is wacker then a Walmart Exclusive here in Canada, they botch those 90% of the time, doesn't help Walmarts just suck in store and even more so online.

I really need that Ulik though.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:37 PM, RyanDaly said:

I wonder if there is anything to the fact that Ryan pulled the backpack out of a backpack. Dan said, "I see what you did there," as if that was a clue itself. 

Good call.

Really feel we’ll see much more from the Raimi verse plus other non MCU properties soon. Your idea may be the first step

On 12/16/2021 at 5:39 PM, Air-Walker said:

Yep, same. Going full on Mandalorian Bounty Hunter mode on him man. Whatever it takes, lol.

Agreed, well when the time comes! I got you man, make the pact, fellow Canadians gotta help each other.

spacer.png

Got my Sleepwalker and D'Spayre pre-orders in.  They look great!

I'm going to pass on the Hulk  The colors look great and I like the base, but the head sculpt(s) was going to be my deciding factor and I'm just not feeling them enough.  I wonder, given the gold Manroid head, if they're thinking of revisiting the old BAF in a different color scheme.  Hope so!

Pretty ballsy to show off two of next year's Walgreens exclusives when it's December and many (most?) of us haven't gotten Quasar or Binary stocked anywhere near us yet.  How much longer is this going to go on?  Can't wait to get frustrated over Ulik as well.

That X-Men lineup was the most exciting thing for me today.  Bonebreaker looks crazy good!  I love the new Havok power effects as well.  Surely Siryn is going to have an alternate head, right?  ...right!?

On 12/16/2021 at 2:37 PM, RyanDaly said:

There was a character in the New Warriors comic from 2020 where her special power was that she could pull anything out of her backpack. Her name was Trailblazer. I'm not saying this is for her, but it's the first thing that I thought of.

TRAILBLAZERNew Warriors

On 12/16/2021 at 5:43 PM, Bluecomet said:

No screaming alternate head for Siryn? I really wonder if they do their research on the figures they make. The Jim Lee X-men trading card 'reference' shows her using her mutant power which is screaming so she can fly.s-l300.jpgVintage 1993 Marvel Skybox Xavier's Files Super Heroes #30 SIRYN Trade Card  | Marvel cards, X men, Marvel heroines1992 Impel Marvel Universe #60 Siryn Front

It's called hey we know you want Siryn, let's give you one, but let's milk you later when we release her someother way, with the screaming head you wished you got the first time, duh!

it's a cannonball's leg move again..you know yer buddies at the Bro!

On 12/16/2021 at 5:43 PM, Reno said:

There was a character in the New Warriors comic from 2020 where her special power was that she could pull anything out of her backpack. Her name was Trailblazer. I'm not saying this is for her, but it's the first thing that I thought of.

TRAILBLAZERNew Warriors

I kept thinking the Backpack could be for Moon Girl, but it's not exactly the same Backpack she wears, could be a prototype (but she does where different backpacks), Kinda feel like I doubt we are getting any of these New Warriors like ever, because they got canned when the survey said nobody likes these guys, but I could be wrong...

On 12/17/2021 at 9:06 AM, McHogan said:

Some thoughts on the XMen stuff

Darwin: no idea who this guy is but may army build him asxgeneric grey alien types. 

Havoc looks great. May grab to add to my very small classic XMen team

Sabretooth is channeling Willem DaFoe here.

Siren, I’m sure they will give her a screaming head but did they hold off because of immature fanboys? 

wolverine: may be the first Wolverine I skip. Unlike the classic brown mashup from the tri Sentinel wave that hit all the right notes for updating a classic suit, this one misses the mark for over design.

the rest look cool, glad the X fans gets some great product. 

I hope you are right about Siryn. They did not give the AoA Cyclops any accessories especially the optic blast that demonstrate his mutant power - which David Nakayama illustrated in the box packaging. Not even alternate hands.

X-Men: The Age of Apocalypse - Cyclops Marvel Legends 6” Scale Action  Figure by Hasbro | PopcultchaX-Men Age of Apocalypse Marvel Legends Cyclops 6-Inch Action Figure

On 12/17/2021 at 9:47 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

It's called hey we know you want Siryn, let's give you one, but let's milk you later when we release her someother way, with the screaming head you wished you got the first time, duh!

it's a cannonball's leg move again..you know yer buddies at the Bro!

Some are saying this is the 'modern' comic book costume...So they will release her in her 90s costume in a Retro Carded packaging with the alternate screaming head...bravo Hasbro

Danm, We've waited so long for a freakin' Jigsaw and we get that same tired ayass skinny limbs, short, played out suit buck. That thing needs to be jettisoned directly into the sun already. The Strange wave looks good. Glad to see Wong finally get some love. Mordo looks about a thousand times more interesting than the previous one. I seem to remember Sleepwalker being a bit skinner, I think the Pizza Spidey buck woulda been more suited. I don't think he's supposed to me more ripped than Iron Fist. Shame they went the the full cover up America Chavez. The shorts just seemed to much more tuned to her look and how more often she's portrayed, but whose surprised by the choice? Over the moon for Bonebreaker, but I think we all knew it was coming. With them rounding out the Reavers I wonder when they'll start doing the Outback X-Men. Let's start with Longshot. Whadayasay? That Vulcan buck is on point, can't wait till they start overusing it. Love the effects given with Havok, but why the hell did they have to use that Sunfire buck? It's just wrong. Two....wha....two slugs with Maggot? Can this be real. I'm floored. I admit I was wrong. Glad I was this time. Ragnarok is cool, but it coulda been done with a simple head sculpt pack in. Plus, I ain't chasing that thing around Target. I can pass. I'll just find someone to borrow the head sculpt from and cast my own. Siryn looks meek. I always imagined her with a bit harder look to her. She's got the look that any Rogue figure shoulda had, but I'm just glad we got her. All in all, one of the better reveal parties.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:50 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I kept thinking the Backpack could be for Moon Girl, but it's not exactly the same Backpack she wears, could be a prototype (but she does where different backpacks), 

That would be killer if Hasbro could actually pull off an in scale Devil Dinosaur to go with her.

As for today's reveals, I saw a lot I like. Most of the X-wave is absolutely killer. Not interested in first appearance Sabretooth or yet another Wolverine (the only two Logan variants I really want now are Astonishing and Morrison era), but the rest of that line-up is super cool. I've been a fan of Darwin since X-Factor (First Class killing him like that was bull____!) and while not a fan of Vulcan or the Third Summers Brother mystery being resolved like that, the new body looks very good. Siryn is another character I've wanted for a long time (again, X-Factor) so I'm pleased to see her here.

Out of the Doctor Strange wave I'm thrilled we're finally getting Wong. It's crazy he's been in 5, going on 6 movies now and still didn't have a figure. Miss America also looks really good, and the faithful design means she could fit in a comic display as well. Not really feeling Mordo or Astral Strange, or honestly even the standard Strange, but Defender Strange with the teleportation effect looks awesome.

I'm not a huge fan of Jigsaw but they did great work on his face.