Hasbro Marvel Legends December 2021 Live-Stream Coverage - Doctor Strange, Toy Biz Tribute Hulk And More

JayC

On 12/16/2021 at 5:47 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

It's called hey we know you want Siryn, let's give you one, but let's milk you later when we release her someother way, with the screaming head you wished you got the first time, duh!

it's a cannonball's leg move again..you know yer buddies at the Bro!

That’s so brilliantly devious you just might be right on the money. 

There have been some stand out cases where the figure released is not a good example of the source material at all. The first FalCap with no wings is one example. 

Siryn is not a character I will pick up but releasing her without a screaming head would be an egregious example of not knowing ( or caring) about what makes her THAT character.

of course going the other way with ONLY a screaming head would be a huge mistake too. 

its early i know, and a 2nd head may be in the plans but the figure looks beautiful, be a shame to waste that amazing sculpt. 

On 12/16/2021 at 7:00 PM, Jormungand said:

To anyone who had the time to watch the video, did they say anything else about the Ulik release next year? Like is it on a brand new buck, or any other info? Thanks in advance!

Ulik has two brand new heads, a new necklace, and new hands(?) and his Hammer.

On 12/17/2021 at 12:00 AM, Jormungand said:

To anyone who had the time to watch the video, did they say anything else about the Ulik release next year? Like is it on a brand new buck, or any other info? Thanks in advance!

it basically the same but with new heads, hand and mace. Not word on a release date.

On 12/16/2021 at 11:17 PM, SpiderS said:

I like Siryn so much so that I'm not even mad she doesn't have screaming head, but who knows maybe they will give her additional head or just include it with future Banshee figure and keep it in family. 

they haven't shown the package images yet so she could still get a screaming head. 

I was working during most of this but manage to catch some of it during my break.

• Dr. Strange wave - yeah I agree that the astral form is a bit of a bummer. They could have slotted in another Comic figure. Strange and Mordo are fine. Delighted to get Wong and will be using America as a comic figure. The comic figures are an obvious must. Rintrah is a great idea for a BAF. And will be perfect for my Comic display (yes yes I know but it works.)
  • Defender Strange - Meh no interest. I do know there will be multiple strange (and other characters) in the movie so it could be a new character but meh.
  • Ragnarok - it actually took them longer then I thought to make this. Thor need some more villain and I can use the hammer effect on my 80th Thor.
  • Ulik - I have the box set but still will be getting this. 
  • Baron Zemo - will be getting
  • Jigsaw - wasn't expecting this but delighted. My TB one is really showing it's age.
  • Hulk - yeah. I'm skipping this one. If they had done more with this it would have been an instant buy but just giving us a new heads and a effect is not worth it for me.
  • X-men - Sabretooth and Havok nice updates. Wolverine meh. If I have to I can use one of the others claw to make a proper Astonishing X-men look. Darwin, Maggot and Vulcan are great additions to my collection but the winner of the wave for me is my Homegirl Siryn. But can someone answer me this? How is Bonebreaker the most unexpected yet expected BAF? Like we knew it was coming but at the same time a awesome surprise.

Thanks for info on Ulik guys. Its nice to see one of Thors classic villians get a wider release. I see some pics have been added now. Except for his ears and fangs, he looks a lot like Blastaar... probably because his hair is so wild and looks like he just got electrocuted, heh. Could use Blastaar anyway. Maybe with all the FF stuff coming out now we will.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:01 PM, Jormungand said:

Thanks for info on Ulik guys. Its nice to see one of Thors classic villians get a wider release. I see some pics have been added now. Except for his ears and fangs, he looks a lot like Blastaar... probably because his hair is so wild and looks like he just got electrocuted, heh. Could use Blastaar anyway. Maybe with all the FF stuff coming out now we will.

Oh, I am certain he Blastaar will get a re-release! I am counting on it. 

On 12/16/2021 at 6:54 PM, tarot said:

But can someone answer me this? How is Bonebreaker the most unexpected yet expected BAF? Like we knew it was coming but at the same time a awesome surprise.

Could it be bc of the Reavers tease in Ryan Ting’s insta photo prior to the reveal? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😄

But yeah a nice surprise indeed. My fav part of the show. Though I only want a couple guys from the wave.. hmm.

On 12/16/2021 at 11:01 AM, LandoTucker said:

"You know what was even worse than the horrible reveals of Adequate Captain America, Ron Jeremy Iron Man and wtf!!!?!???Hulk?  Looking at the prices of the 20th Anniversary figures....Hasbro just loves the 'retro' suck-up collectors ('You idiots  bought these figures when Toy Biz did 'em, so it's just gotta be worth £12 / $14 for a non-BAF, non-deluxe figure with extra cardboard, right?"

Once hasbeen saw that fans were willing, and eager, to pay $300.00, $400.00 etc for the haslob stuff they knew they could just phone it in. Personally I don't have a problem with re-used figures under the right conditions, but re-designing a box to look like its from a defunct company, repainting the figure and maybe adding another head, and adding a postcard trying to pass it off as a "diarama", doesn't justify a nearly $10.00 mark up. And I don't see what they're supposedly celebrating- that's clearly an 80s Tony Stark head, but the armor is an aborted attempt at his first red/gold armor from the 60s era. Homage to....what? And how is it worth $32.00 over the other Iron Man figures that came in at $19-22.00? 

This Hulk though is even worse....I don't even know where to begin. Did he have to have shorts? Not necessarily, but it would've been a Hulk figure we haven't seen yet. And if they were trying for a specific era or artist, they feel way short. Nothing left for this except to say, "HARD PASS". 

Did they say they had made some 'extra pieces' for Siryn that they 'hopefully' to get around to releasing 'next time' they figure out how to release her?

Are they seriously going to release her with her non-screaming head, and then tease a future release that might have the actual head she should come with?

Man - this is some disappointing marketing BS from these guys. 

I'm a major Hulk fan so it takes a lot for me not to have my interest at least a little piqued by a new Hulk figure but that facesculpt made my decision so easy to pass. That's the only major difference from the 80th Anniversary one and it's so bad. Hasbro has had a strange run of bad facesculpts lately. In this group, it's Hulk and Sabretooth. Pass on both and they are both characters I really like!

The only one I'll probably get out of these reveals is classic Havok.

That classic Zemo looks fantastic. Ashame hes walgreens exclusive. I havent seen one of those in what feels like 80 years. Also every time i see his belt, I just see him as marvels world heavyweight champion and cant unsee it. Jigsaw looks pretty good too. Is that... a neckbrace hes got on?!!? thats pretty awesome. Vulkan looks friggin amazing, headsculpt and new body mold are on point. I look forward to seeing this mold being used for manyyyy years. 20th hulk.... you are more of an abomination than your actual enemy is. That is just plain awful. I was so so jazzed to see what kind of goodness they were going to cook up annnnnd devastated. Also why in some of these pictures are his colors like WAY off? Some look kind of like the 80th hulk shade and others kind of resemble zombie hulk or actually alittle like the old toybiz hulk shade. Im so confused. Hasbro really makes some weird decisions lately. The holes in 20th caps shield and now this odd ugly looking set of heads for hulk. Not digging joker sabertooth and bloody hot claws not astonishing wolverine. Only wolvie I want left is actual astonishing. Siryn looks pretty good but its odd that they omitted showing off a screaming head. Its like having wolverine without his claws. If they dont have an alt head for her screaming, that is some seriously jacked up stuff going on. Also is that some new female open hands?!?! Havok is looking pretty slick, altho really questionable body mold. They really are just doing their best to avoid the bucky cap even when its very applicable. His FX are pretty amazing too, very glad to see something new instead of the same alt colored bubble echo effects we ve seen for like 5 or more years now. Not really familiar with Maggot but he looks very interesting. Crazy smile and love that leather texture! Ah Bonebreaker... overall he loosk great.... but do not like that head so much. His upper jaw looks like its in his nasal cavity, its so smushed. Like he has no upper lip there, its just all crammed up. Would still love him but most of that wave is not my cup. 

On 12/16/2021 at 10:10 PM, Atlantis said:

Once hasbeen saw that fans were willing, and eager, to pay $300.00, $400.00 etc for the haslob stuff they knew they could just phone it in. Personally I don't have a problem with re-used figures under the right conditions, but re-designing a box to look like its from a defunct company, repainting the figure and maybe adding another head, and adding a postcard trying to pass it off as a "diarama", doesn't justify a nearly $10.00 mark up. And I don't see what they're supposedly celebrating- that's clearly an 80s Tony Stark head, but the armor is an aborted attempt at his first red/gold armor from the 60s era. Homage to....what? And how is it worth $32.00 over the other Iron Man figures that came in at $19-22.00? 

This Hulk though is even worse....I don't even know where to begin. Did he have to have shorts? Not necessarily, but it would've been a Hulk figure we haven't seen yet. And if they were trying for a specific era or artist, they feel way short. Nothing left for this except to say, "HARD PASS". 

They want even more for the hulk compared to IM and Cap... completely insane. I get it hes bigger but they are really losing me on their pricepoints. 

On 12/16/2021 at 5:42 PM, MonsterChris said:

Got my Sleepwalker and D'Spayre pre-orders in.  They look great!

I'm going to pass on the Hulk  The colors look great and I like the base, but the head sculpt(s) was going to be my deciding factor and I'm just not feeling them enough.  I wonder, given the gold Manroid head, if they're thinking of revisiting the old BAF in a different color scheme.  Hope so!

Pretty ballsy to show off two of next year's Walgreens exclusives when it's December and many (most?) of us haven't gotten Quasar or Binary stocked anywhere near us yet.  How much longer is this going to go on?  Can't wait to get frustrated over Ulik as well.

That X-Men lineup was the most exciting thing for me today.  Bonebreaker looks crazy good!  I love the new Havok power effects as well.  Surely Siryn is going to have an alternate head, right?  ...right!?

I really hope she does. And you are right. That new Havok effect is cool. Power effects are so hard to do. Professor X's thing in the HOX wave looks good. The magnetic effects for Polaris and Magneto look good. I even think Dazzler's is good. Shooting powers though.... Hard to pull off.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:50 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I kept thinking the Backpack could be for Moon Girl, but it's not exactly the same Backpack she wears, could be a prototype (but she does where different backpacks), Kinda feel like I doubt we are getting any of these New Warriors like ever, because they got canned when the survey said nobody likes these guys, but I could be wrong...

I'm with you there. Leaving all the political implications totally out of the equation, these were the worst conceived characters in modern times. A vampire. Wow, how original. A magic backpack? Seriously? A guy who inhaled Internet Gas??? Yes, Internet Gas! What are you, like five?! If this is the clear indication of the quality of writers in the Marvel Bullpen these days is there any wonder the only thing these people can come up with is retconning backstories and repeating the same old "Clone", "Death Of", "Old Man", "World War" and "Symbiote" sagas over and over again?

That being said, I"m predicting the backpack is from an upcoming Spider-Man wave in which it will belong to either (or both) the Toby or Garfield Spider-Men...or Spider-Man's...or whatever. I lean towards Garfield just cuz I remember his backpack being much more prominent in his movies.

Moon Girl sure would kick ayass though.