Hasbro Marvel Legends December 2021 Live-Stream Coverage - Doctor Strange, Toy Biz Tribute Hulk And More

JayC

Excited for that X-Men wave! Bonebreaker looks awesome and those effects for Havok!!!! May pick up Vulcan only for the curiosity of the new buck. Would be cool if Wolverine had removable shoulder pads and an alternate head to double as the astonishing version. Doubt it because a post by Steve Evans shows Wolverine with an unmasked head sculpt. On the plus side it gives me hope that Siryn will have an alternate screaming head.

This is the classic Sabretooth suit I’ve been wanting but I dunno about the fingerless gloves, the toeless socks and the William Dafoe likeness in the face. Lookin weird to me.

From the whole wave, lookin like it’s just gonna be maybe Havok for me (he ain’t classic without his neck/collar painted) but definitely want Bonebreaker … that’s gonna be fun 🙄

On 12/16/2021 at 6:06 PM, monron999 said:

Love the effects given with Havok, but why the hell did they have to use that Sunfire buck? It's just wrong.

Is that definitely Sunfire? I had assumed it was Vulcan, since they mentioned when they spoiled Vulcan last month that another figure in the same wave would also use the body. Siren, Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Maggott definitely aren’t on the new body, as they said Sabretooth was on Grim Reaper and Maggott was on Hercules. That only leaves Darwin, but that can’t be right, right?

On 12/17/2021 at 7:04 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

"This is the classic Sabretooth suit I’ve been wanting but I dunno about the fingerless gloves, the toeless socks and the William Dafoe likeness in the face. Lookin weird to me...."

If that's supposed to be his classic look from Iron Fist, then its not correct...he didn't have fingerless gloves or boots. And yes that face is really off. Weird indeed. If it weren't attached to that costumed body I'd have no idea who its supposed to be. 

On 12/17/2021 at 4:37 PM, Benn said:

Is that definitely Sunfire? I had assumed it was Vulcan, since they mentioned when they spoiled Vulcan last month that another figure in the same wave would also use the body. Siren, Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Maggott definitely aren’t on the new body, as they said Sabretooth was on Grim Reaper and Maggott was on Hercules. That only leaves Darwin, but that can’t be right, right?

Well it looks like both Darmin and Havok are on the Sunfire body, given both aren't pinless.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:26 AM, monron999 said:

I'm with you there. Leaving all the political implications totally out of the equation, these were the worst conceived characters in modern times. A vampire. Wow, how original. A magic backpack? Seriously? A guy who inhaled Internet Gas??? Yes, Internet Gas! What are you, like five?! If this is the clear indication of the quality of writers in the Marvel Bullpen these days is there any wonder the only thing these people can come up with is retconning backstories and repeating the same old "Clone", "Death Of", "Old Man", "World War" and "Symbiote" sagas over and over again?

That being said, I"m predicting the backpack is from an upcoming Spider-Man wave in which it will belong to either (or both) the Toby or Garfield Spider-Men...or Spider-Man's...or whatever. I lean towards Garfield just cuz I remember his backpack being much more prominent in his movies.

Moon Girl sure would kick ayass though.

Yeah I'm not entirely up on that New Warriors thing, I just have a small amount of knowledge on the characters, from what I can gather they were not well recieved by the comic readers at large, and I believe but I could be incorrect that the new team was done away with, and the series involving them did not move forward, anyways... yes I also agree that the backpack might just belong to a movie Peter Parker, since the backpack resembles that of one packed in with a Toby Spider-Man figure from the past

spacer.png

Well, just adding more criticism to the bunch here. I loved the choice for the more obscure characters for the new X-Men wave, but I don't know what is up with the face expressions. Sabretooth looks like the Joker, Maggot has a strange grin, Bonebreaker that could have that twisted grin has a wierd screaming expression and the character that should be actually screaming, which is Syrin, has a peaceful smile (which don't take me wrong, would be great if they add another screaming head to show her using her powers)...

Hahaha I actually like Sabretooth's head sculpt. I blame the less-than-stellar final product on the shoddy paint job on the teeth/gums.

And if you peruse social media you'll find that Wolverine comes with an alternate (ie. maskless) head. Same screaming head that came in that recent Amazon Wolverine 5-Pack

sabes.jpeg

wolvie.jpeg

On 12/16/2021 at 4:47 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

It's called hey we know you want Siryn, let's give you one, but let's milk you later when we release her someother way, with the screaming head you wished you got the first time, duh!

it's a cannonball's leg move again..you know yer buddies at the Bro!

Exactly what's gonna happen. With the first Phoenix figure they happened on a new money grab. When they fudged Cannonball they actually perfected the strategy. They gave is what we wanted but left it a little off the mark. Not so much that we refused to buy it the first time, but just enough where we would buy a second one if they got it right.tumblr_95b7cb0a283f5f06fb9970ae8438c3a4_20a3f772_1280.thumb.jpg.c104cfa41c040991c3f044ded0bd57a1.jpg

This is how she actually first appeared in X-Force. Siryn is one of those characters that has so many slight variations on her costume that they could literally make dozens of different looks if they decided to.

They will do this figure in a multi-pack (with Banshee, would be my bet), which will, most importantly, contain a beautiful screaming head sculpt, and though this figure would have been very sufficient, we will all buy that set, in large part, for the head sculpt. Think the Cyclops/Phoenix TRU exclusive set after the Juggernaut wave Phoenix. Scott was okay, but I bought that set (2 actually) more for that gorgeous Jean head sculpt to replace the Céline Dion head. Same goes with Cannonball. Even though we get an "improved" Domino and an entirely new Rictor, we basically refer to this set, at least in our mind, as the Cannonball legs set. A Banshee/Siryn or Siryn/Feral set would be cool, but my money is on another Family Values type set with Banshee, Siryn and an "improved" Black Tom. And we'll all gobble it up. Lock in that plan and watch it come together.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:16 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

Hahaha I actually like Sabretooth's head sculpt. I blame the less-than-stellar final product on the shoddy paint job on the teeth/gums.

And if you peruse social media you'll find that Wolverine comes with an alternate (ie. maskless) head. Same screaming head that came in that recent Amazon Wolverine 5-Pack

sabes.jpeg

wolvie.jpeg

I agree, I really like this Sabretooth. The creative license with the fingerless gloves and socks doesn't bother me; those are fine. The head looks a little weird but I think you're right that it's the paint. it looks like they forgot a coat or a final wash to separate the teeth or something.

I had zero interest in buying another Wolverine, but... 

My favorite Wolverine body so far is the first appearance figure that came with the Hulk. The only problem is I hate his whisker mask. This one looks lije it's almost the same color yellow. If they match well enough I could possibly buy this Wolvie just for the head and sell or trade off the body and BAF piece. Will depend on whether the yellows match or not. 

On 12/18/2021 at 7:16 AM, monron999 said:

A Banshee/Siryn or Siryn/Feral set would be cool, but my money is on another Family Values type set with Banshee, Siryn and an "improved" Black Tom. And we'll all gobble it up. Lock in that plan and watch it come together.

Sigh. You’re not wrong, but I would actually be really into a Cassidy set like that. Black Tom needs a full-bearded, 70s-haired head.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:16 PM, monron999 said:

A Banshee/Siryn or Siryn/Feral set would be cool, but my money is on another Family Values type set with Banshee, Siryn and an "improved" Black Tom. And we'll all gobble it up. Lock in that plan and watch it come together.

I would hate if that would happen, especially if they released Banshee that way.

On 12/18/2021 at 8:01 AM, RyanDaly said:

I agree, I really like this Sabretooth. The creative license with the fingerless gloves and socks doesn't bother me; those are fine. The head looks a little weird but I think you're right that it's the paint. it looks like they forgot a coat or a final wash to separate the teeth or something.

I had zero interest in buying another Wolverine, but... 

My favorite Wolverine body so far is the first appearance figure that came with the Hulk. The only problem is I hate his whisker mask. This one looks lije it's almost the same color yellow. If they match well enough I could possibly buy this Wolvie just for the head and sell or trade off the body and BAF piece. Will depend on whether the yellows match or not. 

OIP.jpg

On 12/16/2021 at 1:47 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"....we know you want Siryn, let's give you one, but let's milk you later when we release her someother way, with the screaming head you wished you got the first time, duh!"

Wow, I really hope you're wrong on this one. Sad thing, I don't put hasblo past this not one bit. 

And that's the worse part of it. Its not that they will or won't pull a sleazy move like that, its that its a company that easily could. 

Still, I'm hoping 🤞that she does get her screaming head (as they did for Black Bolt)...they could alter the scream for a two pack with Banshee as well. 

banshee-sir_jpg_13780ffff02af695eba9302c0f3a5452.jpg.d691f3afb0a349d2d5c1367a2884c6fc.jpg

I am loving all these reveals. Very excited for the anniversary wave, not sure why they didn’t show us Toad? I guess saving it for a bigger reveal on another stream? This is a nice X-Men wave see some needed figures. Not sure why we’re always getting a Wolverine and or Sabertooth in every wave though. Not too keen on that wolvie but that Sabertooth is pretty nice. I like it. Really excited for maggot and Vulcan though and bonebreaker! That’s an amazing piece, he’s going to be huge on the shelf but nicely done. Really stoked for that Jigsaw and Zemo.  I’m getting big EMH vibes from Zemo, hopefully we get a series of figures around that show at some point.  Just hope these figures will be easier to find. All in all a lot of cool stuff I just hope they reveal a no way home wave soon with some more movie figures.