Top 10 Remakes 2021

tarot

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Last Tuesday, I wrote my Top 10 New characters that I want Hasbro to make, and I promised you that it will be part of three lists. Well, today we do the second list of the three by looking at MY Top 10 figures that need a remake. I will be basing this list from a selection of figures from both Toybiz AND Hasbro, cause let's face it the early Hasbro figure were bad, to put it lightly.

I will also be doing base with the rumored listings being true. That means that Toad (who was always my number one remake, even though I got the original one), US Agent, Madame Hydra/Viper (see here) and Classic Havok (see here) will not be included. There will also be a couple of characters that share the same spot for reasons that will become apparent. I will also NOT include BAFs that need a remake cause Hasbro will remake them anyway (monster Onslaught being the only exception).

With that junk out of the way, let's get onto the list:

10. The Wrecking Crew - Taking the tenth spot is the overly scaled Wrecking Crew. The reason they are all together in this spot is that you can't have one without the others.

09. Vengeance - This one is not absolutely needed but I would really like them to remake Vengeance as the old one hasn't really stood the test of time with its awful articulation and inaccurate sculpt

08. Yelena Belova - Next, we have someone I'm surprised hasn't been given a new figure with her role in the MCU, though it may be coming soon. Plus, this one is not her costume.

07.  Baron Von Strucker - With Hydra playing a major role in the movie and comic, it's time for it's true leader to get a new figure.

06. Blackheart - Mephiso "son" would make a perfect BAF for a Dr. Strange line. The old figure is impossible to stand.

05. Iron Fist and Power Man - Probably one of the most requested 2-pack ever, it's time that Hasbro gave us a remake of the original Heroes for Hire.

04. Dan Ketch's Ghost Rider - Dwight has hinted he wants to do this one but until he does, it's one this list.

03. Longshot - It's a long shot (heh), but Hasbro needs to start making the Outback X-me. What better way than one of its core members?

02. Mandarin - I can understand why Hasbro is hesitant to do the comic version of Iron Man's arch-villain in today's climate but at the same time he needs to get a new comic figure. Plus there are plenty of versions of Mandarin that would be safe.

01. Banshee - I was flip flopping between this and Mandarin but the fact that I am Irish and this being one of the few Irish superheroes, makes Sean Cassidy my number one most wanted remake of 2021. Dwight has jokingly said he hated Banshee (note how I said jokingly) but with his Sean's cousin out and his daughter coming out, we need to have a perfect version of Banshee to complete the trifecta.

And that's my top ten remakes of 2021. As you can see the majority of them are Toybiz because Hasbro has been doing a great job in fixing their mistake from the Dark Days. Let me know what your remakes you want to see Hasbro do. Let me know in the comments below and what is your remake list.

1) Adam Warlock - In his Infinity War get-up. Complete with smokey Soul Gem on his forehead.

2) X-Men/X2/X-Men The Last Stand X-Men/DOFP - James Marsden, Famke Janssen, Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Alan Cumming in their movie costumes.

3) Rachel Summers - Not sure if this is considered a remake but I have the Rachel "Grey" version that came in the Brood BAF wave, with her green and yellow threads. The version I have is the blackened Phoenixed out Rachel because I've seen the regular version and that goofy face would stand out too much (in a bad way) with the rest of my modern MLs. Needless to say I want a Hound spikey Phoenix Rachel Summers that would go well with that rest of that Excalibur Boxed set.

4) Beast - I want a friendly, smiling Beast figure. Heck give him a lab coat. I'd be ok with a TAS VHS cell shaded version.

5) Banshee - Nuff Said.

6) Angel with feather wings - Blue and white onesie with a halo in the middle pretty please. I'll pose him with my X-Factor Cyclops, HOX Marvel Girl, Grey Retro Carded Beast, and Retro Carded Iceman and I don't care if they are all from different eras lol.

7) Psylocke - Her legs are splitting/sliding on my detolf glass shelf. New head sculpt please.

8  AOA Externals Gambit - The last one came in a 2-Pack with a repainted White Queen as AOA Rogue...

9) Xorn - Still don't know if he is a legit separate character or if he's still just a psycho Magneto. What a mess of a character.

10) Longshot - Toybiz one surprisingly still holds up.

1. Monsters Box Set (yeah cheating kinda right off the bat, we need this whole set again, Dracula, Frankstein Monster, Zombie & Werewolf by Night)

2. Red She-Hulk (while the older one still isn't awful, we know they can really do better by now)

3. Satana (old one is null and void pretty much at this point, because it was in a box set, maybe give her a newer look)

4. Madame Masque (with apparently Viper coming out we need Masque as well, the old one is horrid)

5. Hela (similar to the Satana issue, we need this figure with some newer tweaks and single packed)

6. Ms Marvel (much like Hela and Satana, we could really use a new version, updated face and single packed)

7. Danger (this figure could look amazing re-done)

8. Spiral (same as Danger)

9. Yellowjacket (new buck, no slam dunk/slap hand please)

10. Doc Sampson (the older one isn't awful but it's about time we got a new one)

Honorable mentions : Mole Man, Dark Phoenix (so we can all finally get one), Destroyer, Young Avengers Box Set again!

also want to say most wanted re-do is Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, but was already mentioned by Tarot, also Vengeance and Blackheart (bro needs to be beefer and stand!), also let's go Mandarin and Strucker!

I started making a rough list and I got twenty characters deep before I even reached any villains. Whatever, I guess these are my Top 20 Remakes for hero characters. 

1. Monica Rambeau -- We got a more modern take on Monica/Spectrum in the A-Force box set, but my most-desired figure at the moment is classic Captain Marvel II/Monica Rambeau as she first appeared and became a mainstay of the Avengers during the Roger Stern and John Buscema era. With grownup Monica getting her powers in WandaVision and set to make a bigger deal in The Marvels, I know her popularity is about to blow up so it's a good time for Hasbro to give us a classic comic version before the inevitable MCU figure.]
    1. Also: Once the figure is done, they can eventually re-release a powered-up version of her in her light energy form, like the translucent Invisible Woman or Living Laser but with a yellow color.
  2. Yellowjacket -- put him (the Hank Pym version, obvi) on the retro Spider-Man buck. Interchangeable unmasked head, but the head with the mask should have a cocky smirk on his face.
  3. The Falcon -- I know we just got a remade retro-carded one, but that's not the version I want. I want the classic with the deep V-neck costume that was so prevalent he even got a Secret Wars action figure despite not being in the Secret Wars comic. He needs to come with Redwing; the G.I.Joe Classified line included a Freedom eagle with the new Spirit figure so no reason Falcon doesn't come with his own bird pal. For even more bonus points, they can include an interchangeable arm/hand with the talon grappling hook shooter that Sam used before he got his wings.
    1. I am also happy to get the first appearance wingless Falcon in his green costume.
  4. Luke Cage -- Simply put, we need a new version of the classic Power Man. And with Luke comes
  5. Iron Fist -- classic Danny Rand on the retro Spidey buck. Should have lots of interchangeable hands, like the comic Shang-Chi did, as well as the glowing power Iron Fist effect.
  6. Daredevil -- classic red suit on the new Vulcan buck. Cowl, suit, gloves, boots, all the same red; use a paint wash to give him more definition and shadow.
  7. The Wasp -- Need to get Janet in one of her more iconic costumes from the Silver or Bronze Age. Either first appearance, with interchangeable heads so she can have the cowl and antennae as well as one without; or her yellow and red costume from around the time she married Hank; or her dark blue and yellow costume from the "Under Siege" era.
  8. Gamora -- The classic Jim Starlin version with the dark green fishnets bodysuit and the black fur half-cape.
  9. Adam Warlock -- Also the version from the Jim Starlin era that preceded The Infinity Gauntlet
  10. Rogue -- I want first appearance Rogue when she was with Mystique's crew. Short hair, green costume with removable green hood, and the same glove/ungloved hands that they've done on other recent versions of the character.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:10 AM, tarot said:

02. Mandarin - I can understand why Hasbro is hesitant to do the comic version of Iron Man's arch-villain in today's climate but at the same time he needs to get a new comic figure. Plus there are plenty of versions of Mandarin that would be safe.

Animated series green Mandarin is probably what most fans would love to see and it's fairly unproblematic. 

1. Baron Strucker: A prominent villain still missing. And even though they obviously can't include a swastika armband, any of his HYDRA uniforms would be perfect.

image.thumb.png.2158df8768f70f3cf8544b59c4d7770c.png

2. Wiccan: With how prominently featured he's been for quite a while in the comics, the fact that Hasbro hasn't made Wiccan is puzzling. He, Wiccan and Patriot badly need redos. 

3. Moonstone: A glaring hole in the Thunderbolts set-up. We need her in her 90s disguise.

4. Emma Frost: She's had several figures but the only one in her iconic Astonishing X-Men era is atrocious and from Hasbro's dark age. However, I could honestly just cheat and say they need to redo the entire Astonishing line-up, except Kitty (who isn't in her exact costume but is close enough).

5. Franklin Richards: A surprising absence not seen since the ToyBiz days. They could easily make him on the teen boy body if they wanted to go for one of his more recent superheroic uniforms instead of the comparatively boring civvies. 

6. Extremis Iron Man: The original was good for the time, but is badly undersized and out of scale. Being redone with the sort of attention and love the recent Modular Iron Man and Ironheart received would be killer.

7. Bruce Banner: ToyBiz made him as a pack-in with one of the Hulk Classics figures. Don't think Hasbro has ever given us a comic Bruce, though they did do a decent MCU one in an Age of Ultron box set.

8. Professor Hulk: An iconic look I'm surprised we haven't already gotten. 

9. Rachel Grey: I'm surprised she wasn't in the Excalibur box set in her BDSM look.

10. Dracula - Pretty prominent villain who has had a lot of play over the years. I'd prefer his more recent incarnation from a few years ago. 

• 1 month later...

-Man-Spider: The ToyBiz "Classics" one was not very poseable, despite having a pretty solid sculpt. A fully posable one is necessary, probably as a BAF or deluxe release.

-Banshee: This time, in his blue and yellow uniform.

-Baron Strucker

-Dan Ketch Ghost Rider (with cycle, as a "Riders" set)

-The Blob: They could even use the same tooling as the original BAF, just make it out of a better-looking, non-speckled plastic.

-Dracula: I'd prefer a modern, armored version, but a re-do of the 70s one would also be cool.

-The Mandarin: Green and yellow robe

-Classic Hydra Soldier

-Classic Ant Man: The retro one was on that TERRIBLE giraffe-necked body- we need a completely new one.

-Classic Power Man and Iron Fist