Build-A-Wave Mega-thread

tarot

Hey gang, if you have been on any of the social media, like Facebook or Reddit, and are part of any of the Marvel Legends groups you may have seen a torrent of people creating their own Dream waves. If you're unaware of how they are making them, they are using the site called Build-A-Wave.com.

So, we thought it would be fun to create a thread that allows people in these forums to post their Dream waves. (Okay yeah, it's more that we don't want people to create dozens of threads of these). 

Just a small rule. You can comment, critisize and give advice to Dream waves BUT remember that this is someone's dream wave. Be polite.

So without further ado, let see those Dream waves people. Use the site above if you want.

So, with the release of Spider-man: No Way Home in Ireland tomorrow I thought I would make a new Ideal Wave for Spider-man. Let’s me say this first before, this will be all comic book figures.

• Superior Spider-man
    • We had a Superior Spider-man was released at the start of the Spider-man Subline of ML, and while it was good for the time, it was missing a lot of stuff. It didn’t have mechanical arms, or gauntlets. So, they need to redo this using the Waldos from the upcoming Iron Spider and the Retro Spidey. Of course, with those mechanical arms he will come with no BAF piece. (The developer hasn’t implemented this option yet)
  • Amazing Bag-man
    • How do we not have this yet? Yes, Hasbro was reluctant to release anything F4 due to Fox but now that they are going full throttle for them, how have they not made a figure that they themselves have said they want to make? This will use the retro body with a new head. If they wanted, they could include a black head to represent the What If…? version.
  • Agony
    • Taking the symbiote spot and female spot, we have the only other female symbiote and the next Life Foundation symbiote, Agony. Hasbro has been slowly completing Venom’s kid and we need another Female figure. If they want to make her different from Scream, just use the Shriek body, with a new head and lower arms.
  • Jackpot
    • Sony seems relentless in trying to get this short-lived character his own movie. So, Hasbro needs to get ahead of them and give us this character (who was two people). This can easily be a repaint of the Disco Dazzler with new feet and head.
  • Gravity
    • One of Spidey’s latest costume bares a striking resemblance to this character, so I thought it would be great to include this character in this wave. For this they can actually use the Pizza Spidey for this.
  • Spot
    • People have been asking for Spot for years. I mean it’s an easy repaint. They can use the Bucky Cap mold for this and give use 2 heads. They can also give us a few black spots that have a peg in them. This will allow you to detach one of the lower arms, attach one of the black spots to the arm and have the lower arm attach to the other black spot to resemble his powers.
  • Mr. Negative
    • Yes. I know that I use him in a previous Ideal wave, but by the time I realized that it was too late. Ahh well, still haven’t gotten him though so here he is. Still uses the Suited body with swappable Inner Demon heads.
  • BAF: Grizzly
    • You guy remember why I wanted Ursa Major to be a BAF. Yeah, this guy was the reason why. Now that we have Ursa, it’s time for Grizzly. Using the Ursa Major as a BAF, all they have to do it slightly remake the torso (getting rid of the back piece), new more human hands and of course a new head. Hasbro has teased that they are thinking of making him as well. Hopefully Gibbon will be soon as well.

build-a-wave-Grizzly Build-a-Figure1.png

I made a wave some time ago, to try the hype, just a lil Inhumans Wave.

we need this wave, it's not even my dream, it should just be a thing by now

Inhumans Blastarr BAF wave

1. Crystal

2. Triton

3. Karnak

4. Gorgon

5. Maximus The Mad

6. Lash

BAF = Blastaar

*edit not sure why Blastaar's pic didn't show up, ah well use your imagination.

build-a-wave-Blastaar.png

X-Men Wave 1

Seven figures. Six include a BAF piece to construct the build-a-figure Blob.

1. Cyclops -- classic costume on the Vulcan buck with optic blast effects
  2. Rogue -- Brotherhood of Evil Mutants/first appearance costume with interchangeable hood up/hood down effects, interchangeable hands with gloves off effect.
  3. Destiny
  4. Banshee
  5. Magik -- classic New Mutants Illyana in her X-Men training uniform with eldritch metal arm and modestly sized Soulsword.
  6. Emperor D’Ken 
  7. Phoenix -- no BAF piece, instead, tons of fire effects/wings/halo to make the Phoenix shape around her
  • BAF - Blob

spacer.png

On 12/15/2021 at 1:34 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I would buy this wave. Not familiar with Lash but I like the rest and it would be worth it to get Blastaar.

On 12/15/2021 at 1:34 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

1. Crystal

2. Triton

3. Karnak

4. Gorgon

5. Maximus The Mad

6. Lash

BAF = Blastaar

*edit not sure why Blastaar's pic didn't show up, ah well use your imagination.

build-a-wave-Blastaar.png

Also not my favorite, but I would buy this wave. This should happen.

On 12/14/2021 at 3:45 PM, tarot said:

So, with the release of Spider-man: No Way Home in Ireland tomorrow I thought I would make a new Ideal Wave for Spider-man. Let’s me say this first before, this will be all comic book figures.

• Superior Spider-man
    • We had a Superior Spider-man was released at the start of the Spider-man Subline of ML, and while it was good for the time, it was missing a lot of stuff. It didn’t have mechanical arms, or gauntlets. So, they need to redo this using the Waldos from the upcoming Iron Spider and the Retro Spidey. Of course, with those mechanical arms he will come with no BAF piece. (The developer hasn’t implemented this option yet)
  • Amazing Bag-man
    • How do we not have this yet? Yes, Hasbro was reluctant to release anything F4 due to Fox but now that they are going full throttle for them, how have they not made a figure that they themselves have said they want to make? This will use the retro body with a new head. If they wanted, they could include a black head to represent the What If…? version.
  • Agony
    • Taking the symbiote spot and female spot, we have the only other female symbiote and the next Life Foundation symbiote, Agony. Hasbro has been slowly completing Venom’s kid and we need another Female figure. If they want to make her different from Scream, just use the Shriek body, with a new head and lower arms.
  • Jackpot
    • Sony seems relentless in trying to get this short-lived character his own movie. So, Hasbro needs to get ahead of them and give us this character (who was two people). This can easily be a repaint of the Disco Dazzler with new feet and head.
  • Gravity
    • One of Spidey’s latest costume bares a striking resemblance to this character, so I thought it would be great to include this character in this wave. For this they can actually use the Pizza Spidey for this.
  • Spot
    • People have been asking for Spot for years. I mean it’s an easy repaint. They can use the Bucky Cap mold for this and give use 2 heads. They can also give us a few black spots that have a peg in them. This will allow you to detach one of the lower arms, attach one of the black spots to the arm and have the lower arm attach to the other black spot to resemble his powers.
  • Mr. Negative
    • Yes. I know that I use him in a previous Ideal wave, but by the time I realized that it was too late. Ahh well, still haven’t gotten him though so here he is. Still uses the Suited body with swappable Inner Demon heads.
  • BAF: Grizzly
    • You guy remember why I wanted Ursa Major to be a BAF. Yeah, this guy was the reason why. Now that we have Ursa, it’s time for Grizzly. Using the Ursa Major as a BAF, all they have to do it slightly remake the torso (getting rid of the back piece), new more human hands and of course a new head. Hasbro has teased that they are thinking of making him as well. Hopefully Gibbon will be soon as well.

build-a-wave-Grizzly Build-a-Figure1.png

On 12/15/2021 at 12:40 PM, RyanDaly said:

X-Men Wave 1

Seven figures. Six include a BAF piece to construct the build-a-figure Blob.

1. Cyclops -- classic costume on the Vulcan buck with optic blast effects
  2. Rogue -- Brotherhood of Evil Mutants/first appearance costume with interchangeable hood up/hood down effects, interchangeable hands with gloves off effect.
  3. Destiny
  4. Banshee
  5. Magik -- classic New Mutants Illyana in her X-Men training uniform with eldritch metal arm and modestly sized Soulsword.
  6. Emperor D’Ken 
  7. Phoenix -- no BAF piece, instead, tons of fire effects/wings/halo to make the Phoenix shape around her
  • BAF - Blob

spacer.png

Both of these waves a pretty great here, I'd buy em both, super stoked the spidey wave has Agony, Jackpot and Spot, and of course Grizzly BAF, I'd buy it for all of that alone, the rest of the figures seem like solid additions

Blob wave looks excellent, we really need all of those as figs already (well except cyclops, but nobody can get that version at this point)

build-a-wave-Mangog.thumb.png.2831fb32f9cdbd8ecd5e053ab1e78591.png

Posted this in the other thread, but yeah.  I dunno about "absolute dream" wave but I'd definitely buy all these figures (in these particular costumes).  And the only reason the Warriors Three aren't in it is because I think it'd be a crime to not have them in a 3-pack together.

And for some MCU Flavor....(Minor spoilers if you haven't seen Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings yet)

793910433_build-a-wave-Abomination(MCU).thumb.png.d69fcff51b5406f30b75e4d3014638af.png

I'd load Shang-Chi and Wenwu up with orange and blue Ring FX (respectively).  And while Wong is probably coming next year regardless (and maybe Abomination in a D+ wave)...he's not official yet!

Pym Particle Wave

1. Ant-Man -- retro Spidey buck. Three interchangeable heads: one with classic helmet, one Hank Pym, one Scott Lang. Two pair interchangeable hands. Three miniature Ant-Man figurines: one standing neutral, one punching, one riding on an ant.
  2. Wasp -- first appearance costume. Two interchangeable heads: one with cowl, one with classic bob haircut. Two pair interchangeable hands. Two wings. One Wasp sting effect. Two miniature Wasp figurines: one standing neutral, one in flight.
  3. Yellowjacket -- Two interchangeable heads: one masked, one Hank Pym. Bio-energy sting effect. Two miniature Yellowjacket figurines: one standing neutral, one in flight/action.
  4. Egghead -- Happy Hogan buck, lab coat. High-tech laser pistol.
  5. Plant Man -- Two interchangeable heads: one classic with face covered, one with cowl showing face. Two tendril vines accessories that can wrap around Plant Man or other figures. 
  6. Radioactive Man -- Simple subtle redeco of the three-pack figure.
  7. Ultron-1 -- First non-humanoid version of Ultron.
  • Build-a-Figure:  Black Goliath -- either of his classic costumes; they're both kind of ridiculous.

6543c5f39c8386213349f393542acc5bba2a5482

Gangs of New York Wave

In light of next year's new Hammerhead and Jigsaw figures, and especially after the release of everyone's favorite figure of 2021, The Hood, I think it's time we get a whole wave of Marvel's most dastardly street-level thugs and crime bosses.

Yes, it's essentially an entire wave of guys in suits. The best part, though, is they're all different shapes and sizes, so Marvel would have to sculpt new bucks for just about all of them. 

1. The Owl -- Could maybe use the Foggy buck, but will need new arms and the Inverness cloak/cape and oversized bow tie. Talon claw accessories. 
  2. Tombstone -- New suited buck, as tall as the Thor/Hercules body. Two interchangeable hands: fists and open hands. Open hands can hold two machine gun accessories. 
  3. Montana -- The first of the three Enforcers. Could recycle the old standard suited buck; new head with hat. Two lasso accessories: one neutral to hang loose and one in action.
  4. Fancy Dan -- The second of the trio of Enforcers. New suited buck, at least a full inch shorter than Montana. Knife accessory.
  5. Black Mariah -- Large black woman, but... not so exaggerated (offensive) as the original depiction.
  6. Mr. Negative -- Could also recycle the classic suited buck.
  7. The Burglar -- The infamous thug who murdered Peter's Uncle Ben; 
  • BAF - Ox -- The third of the infamous group known as the Enforcers. As stout as he is tall, almost as broad as The Thing, definitely not as the BAF Rhino or Armadillo.

750e3a527c056e8f518e58056653845d82548b80

So here goes. 

Marvel Comics Infinity Gauntlet Wave

1 Adam Warlock  no baf piece. Comes with interchangeable infinity gauntlet hand and a pip the troll.

2  Eric Masterson Thor.  Comes with helmeted and un-helmeted heads.

3  Mephisto.  Comes with alternate cube box head for cyclops.

4  Starfox.  Comes with alternate head with no mouth.

5  Firelord.  Comes with fire effects.

6  Nebula.   Comes with alternate decrepit head and maybe alternate infinity gauntlet hand.

7  Terraxia.  

If I could an 8th fig it would be lady death  

A4479EBD-6618-40C7-B7DA-63A0F1326ECA.thumb.jpeg.a82a74516391d34bf3457a4439cf1a20.jpeg