Doctor Strange: Multiverse Of Madness Trailer Leaks Out Ahead Of Official One Later Today With Product Reveals To Follow

JayC

On 12/16/2021 at 11:25 AM, JayC said:

Taget Exclusive Marvel Legends Series Defender Strange Action Figure

INSPIRED BY THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE: This 6-inch scale Defender Strange figure features sculpting and deco inspired by his appearance in Marvel’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. This is available for pre-order at Target now.

Strange-Deluxe-01.jpg

Strange-Deluxe-02.jpg

Oh man this looks bad ass as well, I can totally see people buying multiples of these just to have more of that effect, hopefully hasbro will realease like a 3 pack of these so we can have more of these effects, it’d be a great endgame set up haha, but that is a fantastic costume for strange! I wonder if this means a defenders spin off? Or perhaps a little multi versa defenders line up in the film? That would be great! I’ll be missing the old costume but if this is what strange starts wearing now I won’t be disappointed. 

I like this wave. In fact I like all the figures in it, except perhaps America Chavez. The figure itself looks good, (should have had more accessories) but it's an easy pass for me. The astral Dr Strange figure is a something that should stop popping up in every Dr Strange wave, eventhough this one looks really decent and if you're into, it's the one to get. Now for the other figures I'm interested in all of them. So cool to finally get a Dr Strange with a fresh look and some spell casting hands without the effect pieces. Starting to regret getting the No Way Home one...

I really like the large portal effect the (armored?) MCU Dr. Strange comes with, I hope we get more effects like this for comic- based characters as well. While I have collected the Avengers and Guardian movie figures over the past ten years, I really am a comic-based collector. I think these are some fairly nice movie figs, but I only plan on picking up D'Spayre, especially since the BAF is a movie figure. I am still waiting to get my Wandavision Scarlet Witch, but if a MOM version is coming out, I may just wait for that one instead. Quite a few reveals today, that is a nice surprise. 

Defender Strange looks cool as hell. Don't know if I need him, but I love the portal effect.

As to the wave itself, I'm stoked we're finally getting Wong. It's been 6 years and 6 movies featuring the character, so he's been a long time coming. Miss America looks straight out of the comics so I'll probably pick her up for my Young Avengers display. 

Astral Doctor Strange is a predictable phoned in job, but we all knew they were gonna do this again.

Wave is pretty awesome, I like the looks of all the figures, Mordo looks so much better then he previously did, finally a Wong figure, and the Astral strange is a huge update, new looks for strange are cool, his costume really is resembling more of this comic look with the deco on the front, and a movie version of the illuminati suit is cool, but really I don't think I'll be getting those figures, I love the BAF but I probably will pass on building him, looks cool but I'd rather a comic version, I however LOVE Sleepwalker! finally amazing fig, America looks super good too, and a ton like the comics, also of course D'Spayre, I already pre-ordered Sleepwalker, D'Spayre and America, think that's it for me on this wave, too many movie figs, too many Strange's , I already just got the NWH one...don't need that many Movie figs.

See now this is how you make a wave of figures in robes exciting. Where the Eternals wave failed so miserably because of the boring designs this Dr Strange wave takes figures that will no doubt be as hindered by the stiff plastic robes and excels by having dynamic designs that LOOK LIKE SUPER HEROES / VILLAINS!!! 

Mordo, who was arguably the most boring figure to date before 11 Eternal characters jumped ahead of him has been greatly improved by the eye catching robes, EFFECTS, and a much more interesting and stylized hair cut. The 2nd worst offender being the Astral Strange was also greatly improved  by mixing shades of blue to bring out the detail. 

Well done designers making characters in robes enticing and exciting to look at

way to make me double guess picking up NWH Dr Strange… I preordered it from a small retailer so I may loose a bit from the down payment… but this one looks so much better, the whole wave minus the comic figures.  The Target exclusive effect looks awesome, but that look is not my favorite and it’s not enough for me to try to get it… plus the price is ridiculously high and without enough accessories to justify the “deluxe”. Don’t they know from SW that it doesn’t work that way?

The deluxe portal effect is great! Pulse NEEDS to put this on their site ala the Black Widow flight stand. At the price of the deluxe set, I’m not sure how many I can get.

was never a SleepWalker fan but he has a cool monstery design. This movie wave is so much better than the first movies wave. Great mix of  MCU and comics. The deluxe is bad a$$.. I know people are guessing this is Strange’s new costume but I’m kinds wondering if it isn’t some alternative universe ( dare I say.. Multiverse?!?)  evil Dr Strange. Based this theory on nothing.

anyway, the MCU figures continue to build into something epic

I wish sleepwalker had Spider-man retro body, which would fit him way better, additionally they could add another head with his sorta modern look with closed mouth because I don't believe we are going to get second go at this character. That America Chavez is def going to be good custom base for comic book MJ if she isn't too short. 

spacer.png

On 12/16/2021 at 8:45 AM, Falls22 said:

That’s really going to be the after credit scene?? Just a trailer for DS: 2? Man I guess that makes sense but I was hoping for something a bit more, but it’s better than nothing I guess. 

Two scenes to watch out for. One mid credits. This trailer is the second at the very end.

welp, never doubted for a second there'd be a Doctor Strange Multiverse of madness wave, nah lemme word it better was there any doubt?

i confess when i went to stores and hadn't got the No Way Home Doctor Strange figure i'd be worried i won't get a chance to get an MCU Doctor Strange figure since i never got one before ("shocking" isn't it?), so with Multiverse of madness coming next year i might patiently for my second chance.

I'd say Mordo and Wong might be the other figures i'd like to get, probably alongside D'Spayre (i mean that is the most ghastly looking character i've seen in my life and i am not familiar with him lol).

On 12/18/2021 at 1:41 AM, watanabefan said:

Though Strange does have a very large role in the movie, I'm a bit surprised after seeing NWH that Hasbro bothered making a new Strange when they were just gonna release another one a few months later. 

not really there choice. Except for MJ, Ned and May, they really didn't have any other option but to used Strange (if you believe they didn't know about the villains and others.) Plus Strange was heavily in the marketing, which was excellently false for alot of scenes.

• 2 weeks later...
Shown below via the overseas retailer Hobbybase are the first in-hand images for Hasbro's Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness Marvel Legends wave as well as the Target exclusive Strange figure. With these already showing up overseas, we will likely start seeing these hit the US sometime next month. To recap the wave of figures includes the following:

- D'Spayre (Comic)
- Master Mordo (Movie)
- Sleepwalker (Comic)
- America Chavez (Movie)
- Doctor Strange Astral Form (Movie)
- Doctor Strange (Movie)
- Wong (Movie)

and the Build-A-Figure is Rintrah (Movie). You can pre-order these now at our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth.

Doc-00.jpg

Doc-01.jpg

Doc-02.jpg

On 12/17/2021 at 8:41 PM, watanabefan said:

Though Strange does have a very large role in the movie, I'm a bit surprised after seeing NWH that Hasbro bothered making a new Strange when they were just gonna release another one a few months later. 

I think it was just a way to get that “infinity war” strange out to more people because that set became expensive for a while. Because this new Strange we got is a bit of a different costume in this MOM wave. And if anyone else is like me like a completist then they’re gonna want both costumes. 

On 12/31/2021 at 12:38 PM, Falls22 said:

I think it was just a way to get that “infinity war” strange out to more people because that set became expensive for a while. Because this new Strange we got is a bit of a different costume in this MOM wave. And if anyone else is like me like a completist then they’re gonna want both costumes. 

can't argue with that and it almost looks like that problem still is going on, the NWH Strange is definitely going to high prices on my spot and all thanks to the fact the wave came in late for christmas.

but yeah i would love to at least get 1 MCU Doctor Strange so far and looks like Multiverse of madness will come eventually, not really a different costume completist i will confess that.

Side note: dang it now i'm envious for that figure lol 🤣