Doctor Strange: Multiverse Of Madness Trailer Leaks Out Ahead Of Official One Later Today With Product Reveals To Follow

JayC

On 12/31/2021 at 4:52 PM, JayC said:
Shown below via the overseas retailer Hobbybase are the first in-hand images for Hasbro's Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness Marvel Legends wave as well as the Target exclusive Strange figure. With these already showing up overseas, we will likely start seeing these hit the US sometime next month. To recap the wave of figures includes the following:

- D'Spayre (Comic)
- Master Mordo (Movie)
- Sleepwalker (Comic)
- America Chavez (Movie)
- Doctor Strange Astral Form (Movie)
- Doctor Strange (Movie)
- Wong (Movie)

and the Build-A-Figure is Rintrah (Movie). You can pre-order these now at our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth.

Doc-00.jpg

Doc-01.jpg

Doc-02.jpg

Already in hand!?...MADNESS!!!

Not surprised to see these already out overseas, I'm sure it won't be april when we get them here either, man that comic Dr. Strange...need that one, they really should have put that in the wave instead of the Astral strange, and Astral strange should have been the oofmart exclusive.

Yeah not that surprising that these are out oversea. They probably had them made a long time ago but with the movie being delayed a few times, they probably just let them sit in the storage. 

As for the Astral strange, something tells me that was the budget figure. There is 5 brand new MCU figure including the baf with the 2 comic figures. They must have used up the budget for this wave.

Shown below via Isaac Wong are over 70 in-hand images for Hasbro's Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness Marvel Legends wave as well as the Target exclusive Strange figure. With these already showing up overseas, we will likely start seeing these hit the US sometime next month. To recap the wave of figures includes the following:

- D'Spayre (Comic)
- Master Mordo (Movie)
- Sleepwalker (Comic)
- America Chavez (Movie)
- Doctor Strange (Movie)
- Wong (Movie)

and the Build-A-Figure is Rintrah (Movie). You can pre-order these now at our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth.

Multiverse-Of-Madness-00.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-01.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-02.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-03.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-04.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-05.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-06.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-07.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-08.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-09.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-10.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-11.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-12.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-13.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-14.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-15.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-16.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-17.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-18.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-19.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-20.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-21.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-22.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-23.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-24.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-25.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-26.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-27.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-28.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-29.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-30.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-31.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-32.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-33.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-34.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-35.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-36.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-37.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-38.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-39.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-40.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-41.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-42.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-43.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-44.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-45.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-46.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-47.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-48.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-49.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-50.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-51.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-52.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-53.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-54.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-55.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-56.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-57.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-58.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-59.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-60.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-61.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-62.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-63.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-64.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-65.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-66.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-67.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-68.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-69.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-70.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-71.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-72.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-73.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-74.jpg

Multiverse-Of-Madness-75.jpg

So i am sure the three main figures i'm going for here are gonna be Doctor Strange, Wong and Mordo that's for sure, maybe America might be an interesting character which obviously we'll have to wait for the movie to see that but even then i'm not that hyped for the figure.

Not gonna lie about the defender strange and this comes from me who likes Doctor Stange and often the red and black combo but ehhhh, um, i don't dig it, not even the effect he comes with is doing it for me, now i feel weird for saying that but it's just true ya know lol.

the Astral Doctor Strange kinda makes me laugh, literally, i can't unsee that lamp as the genie's lamp from Aladdin, what's next? Stephen singing a friend like me? i mean the cloak of levitation already acts like the magic carpet 🤣

I really like this wave a  lot. I've preordered Wong and Mordo, cause these are the ones that I know I want now. Strange would've definitely made the cut as well, but I recently got my No Way Home Strange, so I don't know if I'm ready to add another one to the collection so soon. In addition to that the one I got is great, but man this new one looks even greater, I feel kinda bad I got the NWH one first. The defender Strange caught me off guard with that hairstyle, haven't noticed that from the official images at all. 

I will be skipping the Defenders Strange (even though it look awesome and that portal effect is nice). I have a funny feeling that it will be a different universe Strange but I don't go out of my way to get MCU figure unless they are brand new characters, which is why I skipped the first D+ wave.

as for the wave itself, will be getting them all but Ms. America, Wong, Sleepwalker, D'Spayre and Rintrah will be going on the shelf. I will judge Mordo when I see it in hand but the 2 Stranges are going into sealed bags.

A great wave, I think. Superb likenesses, lots of new sculpting... A little too bright and gaudy in the colour department, as has become the norm, now; but otherwise: brilliant. A pity about the deluxe pricing on the Defender Strange (I can see it needs to be deluxe with that piece, but it feels like it still needs a little something extra, too, to properly justify it), but otherwise a really cool set. 

Shown below via LittleToysBiggerWorld are over 70 in-hand images for Hasbro's Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness Marvel Legends wave as well as the Target exclusive Strange figure. With these already showing up overseas, we will likely start seeing these hit the US sometime next month. To recap the wave of figures includes the following:

- D'Spayre (Comic)
- Master Mordo (Movie)
- Sleepwalker (Comic)
- America Chavez (Movie)
- Doctor Strange (Movie)
- Wong (Movie)

Dr-Strange-01.jpg

Dr-Strange-02.jpg

Dr-Strange-03.jpg

Dr-Strange-04.jpg

Dr-Strange-05.jpg

Dr-Strange-06.jpg

Dr-Strange-07.jpg

Dr-Strange-08.jpg

Dr-Strange-09.jpg

Dr-Strange-10.jpg

Dr-Strange-11.jpg

Dr-Strange-12.jpg

Dr-Strange-13.jpg

Dr-Strange-14.jpg

Dr-Strange-15.jpg

Dr-Strange-16.jpg

Dr-Strange-17.jpg

Dr-Strange-18.jpg

Dr-Strange-19.jpg

Dr-Strange-20.jpg

Dr-Strange-21.jpg

Dr-Strange-22.jpg

Dr-Strange-23.jpg

Dr-Strange-24.jpg

Dr-Strange-25.jpg

Dr-Strange-26.jpg

Dr-Strange-27.jpg

Dr-Strange-28.jpg

Dr-Strange-29.jpg

Dr-Strange-30.jpg

Dr-Strange-31.jpg

Dr-Strange-32.jpg

Dr-Strange-33.jpg

Dr-Strange-34.jpg

Dr-Strange-35.jpg

Dr-Strange-36.jpg

Dr-Strange-37.jpg

Dr-Strange-38.jpg

Dr-Strange-39.jpg

Dr-Strange-40.jpg

Dr-Strange-41.jpg

Dr-Strange-42.jpg

Dr-Strange-43.jpg

Dr-Strange-44.jpg

Dr-Strange-45.jpg

Dr-Strange-46.jpg

Dr-Strange-47.jpg

Dr-Strange-48.jpg

Dr-Strange-49.jpg

Dr-Strange-50.jpg

Dr-Strange-51.jpg

Dr-Strange-52.jpg

Dr-Strange-53.jpg

Dr-Strange-54.jpg

Dr-Strange-55.jpg

Dr-Strange-56.jpg

Dr-Strange-57.jpg

Dr-Strange-58.jpg

Dr-Strange-59.jpg

Dr-Strange-60.jpg

Dr-Strange-61.jpg

Dr-Strange-62.jpg

Dr-Strange-63.jpg

Dr-Strange-64.jpg

Dr-Strange-65.jpg

Dr-Strange-66.jpg

Dr-Strange-67.jpg

Dr-Strange-68.jpg

Dr-Strange-69.jpg

Dr-Strange-70.jpg

Dr-Strange-71.jpg

Dr-Strange-72.jpg

Dr-Strange-73.jpg

Dr-Strange-74.jpg

Dr-Strange-75.jpg

Dr-Strange-76.jpg

Dr-Strange-77.jpg

Dr-Strange-78.jpg

Dr-Strange-79.jpg

Dr-Strange-80.jpg

Dr-Strange-81.jpg

Dr-Strange-82.jpg

Dr-Strange-83.jpg

Dr-Strange-84.jpg

Dr-Strange-85.jpg

Dr-Strange-86.jpg

Dr-Strange-87.jpg

Dr-Strange-88.jpg

Dr-Strange-89.jpg

Dr-Strange-90.jpg

Dr-Strange-91.jpg

Dr-Strange-92.jpg

Dr-Strange-93.jpg

Dr-Strange-94.jpg

Dr-Strange-95.jpg

Dr-Strange-96.jpg

Dr-Strange-97.jpg

Dr-Strange-98.jpg

Dr-Strange-99.jpg

Dr-Strange-100.jpg

Dr-Strange-101.jpg

Dr-Strange-102.jpg

Dr-Strange-103.jpg

Dr-Strange-104.jpg

Dr-Strange-105.jpg

Dr-Strange-106.jpg

Dr-Strange-107.jpg

Dr-Strange-108.jpg

Dr-Strange-109.jpg

Dr-Strange-110.jpg

Dr-Strange-111.jpg

Dr-Strange-112.jpg

Dr-Strange-113.jpg

Dr-Strange-114.jpg

Dr-Strange-115.jpg

Dr-Strange-116.jpg

Dr-Strange-117.jpg

Dr-Strange-118.jpg

Dr-Strange-119.jpg

Dr-Strange-120.jpg

Outside of D'Spayre and maybe maybe America, the whole line's a pass for me. I will say, though, that they really nailed Wong! Dead-on likeness. I notice there's no bicep swivel on Rintrah, nor does it look like he has much (if any) head/jaw articulation. I wasn't planning on getting him anyway, but his hind legs look great so HOPEFULLY that's a good sign we might see a Gorgon of the Inhumans this year.

On are normal day, I'd eat this wave up completely. Rintrah looks cool even if I don't know the character, so I'd like to build him. I'm not buying comic figures anymore, and I'm trying to stop buying duplicates of the same character... so it's only Wong for sure. Dr Strange and Mordo are looking incredible so if my budget allows it, I'll get them. I know nothing of America Chavez other than the Rising series (and even there, I didn't really get her deal), and astral Strange is looking better than the pearled version, but still, not a priority.

I wonder if this wave peg warms does the Hasbro team start to second guess so many MCU figures.  Shang Chi, Disney + and the Eternals just did not move off of shelves last year.  Honestly we have a lot of MCU Dr. Strange figures, Dr. Strange isn’t an A lister like Iron Man or Cap and there is no comic BAF to anchor this line.  I could easily see this wave not moving.

On 1/3/2022 at 8:18 PM, CAC said:

I wonder if this wave peg warms does the Hasbro team start to second guess so many MCU figures.  Shang Chi, Disney + and the Eternals just did not move off of shelves last year.  Honestly we have a lot of MCU Dr. Strange figures, Dr. Strange isn’t an A lister like Iron Man or Cap and there is no comic BAF to anchor this line.  I could easily see this wave not moving.

This isn't going to peg warm as much as the Eternals, which was mostly because they are brand new and extremely unknown characters. Strange is a much bigger name than you are giving him credit for. Not to mention, they have Wong a highly requested character, America Chavez a brand-new character as well as a much improve Dr. Strange and Mordo. The only thing that might peg warm is the Astral form.

The only people who think this will peg warm are those that still think that MCU doesn't sell as well as comic but as you can read in this very thread, there are hundreds of people who collect only MCU figures.

On 1/3/2022 at 3:06 PM, tarot said:

The only people who think this will peg warm are those that still think that MCU doesn't sell as well as comic but as you can read in this very thread, there are hundreds of people who collect only MCU figures.

and there is no arguing on that, i confess even guilty as charged i'm into some but not all MCU figures.

gonna make a wrong guess on this one but this might be the last ML wave that will use more plastic on the box since they might change the packaging after all, my opinions regarding this wave are still unchanged, but i did forgot to mention that i hoped that the cloak is removable and it is, plus the reason why i won't bother on getting Defender Strange it's because well it does remind me a bit of Druig's outfit, i do love red and black but i just don't like how the costume looks that's pretty much it.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:06 PM, tarot said:

This isn't going to peg warm as much as the Eternals, which was mostly because they are brand new and extremely unknown characters. Strange is a much bigger name than you are giving him credit for. Not to mention, they have Wong a highly requested character, America Chavez a brand-new character as well as a much improve Dr. Strange and Mordo. The only thing that might peg warm is the Astral form.

Well said. I’m a former Avenger only turned Avenger / MCU only turned “there is too much awesome product out there I’ll grab whatever strikes my fancy” collector.

My local stores, the main ones that carry Legends that is, are stocked FULL of Eternals and they have not move. Just proved to be an unpopular wave/ movie to the surprise of no one. 

If Hasbro shows any hesitation moving forward with MCU waves, my guess it would be no more jumping head long into a full wave of unproven nobodies and future waves stick to the 4-5 MCU 2-3 comic that has proven most popular.

i mean, AVENGERS EndGame could have filled 3 waves of all MCU versions of characters (instead of just the 3rd wave being all MCU.. but still 3 waves was a nice accomplishment!!) but Hasbro decides to go all MCU with the Eternals?!? Just baffles the mind. The only silver lining was that terrible line was done all at once. 

I actually have come to enjoy the wave split. We’ve gotten some great off the wall characters this way. And I agree, there is no dip in popularity of MCU figures, they are here to stay

I would add too, in comparison, this wave looks a 1000% better than the Eternals wave. Looking at two waves of essentially robed characters, the Dr Strange figures look and feel like a super hero movie line. My initial reaction to the Eternals figures was a resounding “meh”. Having them in hand changed nothing. There were and continue to be uninspired figures.

But this Strange wave, mixed with two awesome comic choices, pop and stand out. Though admittedly, I twice mistook the What If Dr Strange for the No Way Hime version and had to go back and grab a few ( one for my Dr Strange shelf and one for my EndGame shelf).

But Dr Strange will have a much better presence in the toy aisle than Eternals for sure.

personally, m looking forward to the ox looking guy. Is he, comic or movie? I recall his cameo in the beginning of the Infinity Gauntlet comic but had not heard if he is in movie. Double for America Chavez, who is the actress playing her? 

Also, that Defender Dr Strange , I called it, that dude is 100% an evil alternate version. Nothing says evil like pony tails. Goatees I guess but our heroic Dr already had that !!

On 1/3/2022 at 6:00 PM, tarot said:

Not only that but has anyone else noticed that the comic figures for the mixed waves lately have been all new characters?

Yeah and it is awesome!

Honestly could have care less about either SleepWalker or D’Spayre but their execution is fabulous. Can’t wait to find both. Same was said about MCU JJJ, Morlun and Shriek. Even if I’m not getting them, these new characters are showing this Line has legs for years and years.

And less we forget about the amazing BAFs we’ve gotten recently. No interest in Armadillo but can’t deny he is a Marvel. And I’m still giddy about Ursa Major. That little dude just makes me smile.

Cant wait to see which new characters we get next

On 1/3/2022 at 11:50 PM, McHogan said:

personally, m looking forward to the ox looking guy. Is he, comic or movie? I recall his cameo in the beginning of the Infinity Gauntlet comic but had not heard if he is in movie. Double for America Chavez, who is the actress playing her? 

Rintrah is apparently MCU. He is usually naked in the comic but still a big green minotaur. He was Strange's apprentice for a while. But it's like he will be acting like a genie/djinn in this movie thanks to the lamp.

As for Chavez, also known as the current Ms. America or just America, is being played by Xochitl Gomez

On 1/3/2022 at 12:06 PM, tarot said:

"This isn't going to peg warm as much as the Eternals, which was mostly because they are brand new and extremely unknown characters...."

I think Eternals peg warmed because yes, they aren't as well known, but more because what the MCU came up with was so very far removed from the comic versions, that they were unrecognizable.

Having the actors (virtually none of whom look anything like the characters they're supposed to be portraying) in stylized Sherwani wear was a ridiculous decision, especially if those are going to be action figures. So with these designs, the MCU not only turned off the comic enthusiasts, they also bored any newcomers to the title. Not saying that Kirby's Eternals would've flown off the shelves- I don't think that would've happened either- but they certainly would do better than figures wearing gowns. But then most of this said this would happen from day one.