Marvel Legends Series Marvel's Ragnarok Thor Action Figure - Target Exclusive

toynewman

An Awesome new Target Exclusive Marvel Legends Thor has been announced! 

• 6-INCH-SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE: Fans, collectors, and kids alike can enjoy this 6-inch-scale figure, inspired by the character from Marvel Entertainment
  • MARVEL COMICS-INSPIRED DESIGN: This 6-inch scale Marvel’s Ragnarok figure features sculpting and deco inspired by his appearance in Marvel Comics’ Civil War arc
  • PREMIUM ARTICULATION AND DETAILING: This 6-inch Legends Series Marvel’s Ragnarok figure features premium detailing and articulation, and is a great addition to any Marvel collection
  • MARVEL UNIVERSE IN 6-INCH SCALE: Look for other Marvel Legends Series figures (each sold separately) with comic- and movie-inspired characters, including Spider-Man, Captain America, and Black Panther (Additional figures each sold separately. Subject to availability)

Pre-order from Target.com

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

This is certainly intersting, did not expect this ever, but I like it! I totally love that they’re re-rereleasing this to help the people who didn’t have a chance before, even though it’s technically an evil Thor, but this will go great in a civil war display. Loving the new effect, but now we just need a 6 inch bill Foster, possibly an updated bigger one anyone? 

They could have at least given him his classic vibrant colors and some lightning effects, also a bearded head.....the whirling hammer is something we've all asked for, but the way they're presenting this...sloppy. 

THIS is what I was afraid of when they announced the FanFirst Thursday: that there really wouldn't be much the FANS wanted, and that what is presented, will be this kind of half-ass, bizarre laziness. Its really beginning to make me sour on the Marvel Legends line.

On 12/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, CAC said:

What a lazy way to reuse that excellent Thor buck!!!! We need Thor in some other costumes but instead we get the exact same figure with a couple of heads and hands.  When the Legends team wants to knock it out of the park they sure can, but they also love to be lazy on a lot of releases.

Not really sure how this is lazy. Its a new character and true to how he looks. Hes basically robo superman Thor Edition. They couldnt have done him any better. New hands, new head, new effect piece as well as having the option of having him in disguise as thor. To me this is a pretty slick set.

I only want him for the swinging effect piece so I probably wont be buying him but I cant say im still not tempted. 

This is a cool figure but it was soooo close to being epic. The spinning hammer effect is very cool. I have the Select version but it’s a little unwieldy so it’s difficult to pose. 

But.. a bearded head WITH the robot head would have knocked this deluxe set out if the park.

I don’t mind Ragnarok but really his robot heads should have been a smaller part of a deluxe Thor set with bearded head, better effects, etc. will probably still grab

On 12/16/2021 at 1:17 PM, Air-Walker said:

Ehh...they 4/20'd early on this one man. Money Saved! A better choice would have been his bearded self and a little figure of his Thor-Frog incarnation, lol. 

Exactly. I would have bought bearded and frog Thor. I would have bought Erik Masterson Thor. I would have bought Dargo Ktor Thor. I would have bought Beta Ray Bill. Not this Thor.

Similar story to 20th Hulk. I would have bought classic Hulk. I would have bought Joe Fixit Hulk. I would have bought Peter David's smart Hulk. Not that Hulk.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:00 AM, Emnems80 said:

Love the new effect piece but I wished Hasbro included a standard Thor head. The price of the 80th has gone up so it would have been nice for newer collectors to get their hands on a Thor figure. I may buy this and maybe paint the eyes blue for a powered up Thor.

Maybe they'll release the effect with some other Thor down the road that I choose to purchase.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:00 AM, Emnems80 said:

Love the new effect piece but I wished Hasbro included a standard Thor head. The price of the 80th has gone up so it would have been nice for newer collectors to get their hands on a Thor figure. I may buy this and maybe paint the eyes blue for a powered up Thor.

If 80th Iron Man and Cap are any indication, you'll absolutely see this figure again at some point with a bearded head, so maybe they'll throw in the original as well.

81irHdaSGpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I don't get this. We have been asking and expecting Ragnarok for years now, even before the 80th Thor but now that we have it people are complaining that it doesn't come with a regular Thor head? I mean it clearly says on the box that this is not Thor. 

Fair enough if people didn't get the older one but don't be giving out to Hasbro for making a new character that just happens to be using another mold. Hell that is what Marvel Legends has been doing for over 2 decades. 

What people should be complaining about is that fact that it's a Target exclusive. 

As for the effect, well that is just copying Select but I won't be using it one This figure anyway. 

On 12/18/2021 at 2:35 PM, tarot said:

I don't get this. We have been asking and expecting Ragnarok for years now, even before the 80th Thor but now that we have it people are complaining that it doesn't come with a regular Thor head? I mean it clearly says on the box that this is not Thor. 

Fair enough if people didn't get the older one but don't be giving out to Hasbro for making a new character that just happens to be using another mold. Hell that is what Marvel Legends has been doing for over 2 decades. 

What people should be complaining about is that fact that it's a Target exclusive. 

As for the effect, well that is just copying Select but I won't be using it one This figure anyway. 

I think people are more pissed that it isn't a beardedThor.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:22 PM, leokearon said:

I think people are more pissed that it isn't a beardedThor.

fair but next year is a big year for the God of Thunder. We can expect more to come. Do they really want a bearded Thor to be a Target exclusive? I rather them do this version as a Target exclusive rather then a requested Bearded version? (he says when he can just pre-order the figure online from a local Etailer.)

On 12/18/2021 at 5:43 PM, tarot said:

fair but next year is a big year for the God of Thunder. We can expect more to come. Do they really want a bearded Thor to be a Target exclusive? I rather them do this version as a Target exclusive rather then a requested Bearded version? (he says when he can just pre-order the figure online from a local Etailer.)

Yeah next year should be a big year for Thor, Spidey and Hulk.

On 12/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, watanabefan said:

My big takeaway here is that I hope this is a sign Hasbro continues to bring more Dark Avengers in the coming years.

Hey if they wanna do some groups, there's plenty out there that aren't finished like the Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy, Serpent Society, Winter Guard....lets get those done!

On 12/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, Atlantis said:

Hey if they wanna do some groups, there's plenty out there that aren't finished like the Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy, Serpent Society, Winter Guard....lets get those done!

Dark Avengers is another team that hasn't been finished. There is still no Moonstone Ms Marvel, Sinister Spider-Man or Noh Varr

On 12/19/2021 at 4:52 PM, leokearon said:

Dark Avengers is another team that hasn't been finished. There is still no Moonstone Ms Marvel, Sinister Spider-Man or Noh Varr

Agree, but you missed some!

Hasbro did 'Evil' Ms Marvel in all but name as part of the Radioactive Man - Captain America - early 1980's Captain Marvel three-pack. As it's the same head & body as SDCC Thunderbolts Moonstone, not a stretch to 'custom': Just shove a red scarf round her neck and she's comic accurate to the bank.

I'd be up for a new Iron Patriot with a decent Norman Osborne swap head (though the old IML Iron Monger wave version ain't bad), definitely a Marvel Boy (was that his codename in Dark Avengers?? Not sure, but this would be before he was Protector) and while we're there, maybe a Daken/Dark Wolverine and a more buff and plastic effect covered Sentry (Hasbro can price as Deluxe if he has some lame plastic base). I wouldn't mind a more bespoke Ares either - the Thor Ragnarok version is really showing it's age.

A 'Dark' Aurora figure would also be manna from Heaven, but that's going to be a stretch.

Somewhat surprised that Hasbro never got round to a Bullseye/Hawkeye or Gargan Spider-Man. Still, I don't know if Dark (or Young, for that matter) Avengers have the love they used to - that's a shame, because there's a deep well of pretty cool figures to tap still.

On 12/19/2021 at 3:28 AM, Atlantis said:

The thing is...

... I don't care about the Serpent Society, Winter Guard, Inhumans (barring Crystal, Lockjawk and maybe Gorgon) or the original Guardians of the Galaxy, while I would be up for more Dark Avengers. 

So yeah, just to reiterate if you're listening Hasbro. Wink wink.