Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Series Hulk

toynewman

The Green Goliath smashes his way into Marvel legends with the 6-inch Series 1 Hulk figure, inspired by the character’s appearances throughout Marvel Entertainment!

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors.

Product Features

• 6-inch scale (15.24cm)
  • Made of plastic
  • Vintage style toy packaging
  • Multiple points of articulation
  • Classic-inspired details
  • Celebrating 20 years of Marvel Legends

Box Contents

• Hulk figure
  • Alternate head
  • 2 Alternate hands
  • Damaged Mandroid head
  • FX base
  • Display base

Pre-order from our sponsors:
BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Agreed. How simple to just give him purple tighties and call it a day. May pass since I don’t need every artist rendition of the Hulk ever made. 

He just isn’t different enough to warrant a purchase. Fun packaging or not.

I'm happy for those that didn't get the 2 pack hulk, and I hope they re-issue the Red Hulk, as the online prices for him are sky high. But I'm happy with my 2 pack version, and I have to say the long hair and lamb chop sideburns give him a 1970s fat Elvis look.

Not sure why folks are having such a problem with the head sculpt. It is definitely reminiscent of the original Toybiz Hulk, and comics back in the day. Might not be for you, but I think it looks great. And this was a big expensive new buck, so of course they will want to get their monies worth out of it. Only a matter of time before we get one that is retooled to be Gladiator Hulk / World War Hulk.

On 12/17/2021 at 5:13 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Not sure why folks are having such a problem with the head sculpt. It is definitely reminiscent of the original Toybiz Hulk, and comics back in the day. Might not be for you, but I think it looks great. And this was a big expensive new buck, so of course they will want to get their monies worth out of it. Only a matter of time before we get one that is retooled to be Gladiator Hulk / World War Hulk.

Same here, I'm looking forward to this Hulk

On 12/17/2021 at 8:13 AM, Psychosomatic said:

"Not sure why folks are having such a problem with the head sculpt. It is definitely reminiscent of the original Toybiz Hulk, and comics back in the day..."

Are you talking about the very first Toybiz Marvel Legends (series1) ? I have that Hulk and no, this does not look like it. It might bear some small resemblance to the Two Pack Face-Off with the Leader? Regardless, it ain't worth what they're asking. On the other hand, if you missed the other Hulks and like this one....go for it. 

nope.jpg

Who is approving these terrible head sculpts? This does not look like any previous Hulks- no other Hulk figure has looked like Mick Jagger. It's 2021- the Mego head sculpt from the 1970s looked much better than this. Then, they taunt us by showing us that cool old comic cover, with a Hulk that looks nothing like this figure. 

On 12/17/2021 at 4:16 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Who is approving these terrible head sculpts? This does not look like any previous Hulks- no other Hulk figure has looked like Mick Jagger. It's 2021- the Mego head sculpt from the 1970s looked much better than this. Then, they taunt us by showing us that cool old comic cover, with a Hulk that looks nothing like this figure. 

Yeah it's a bad head sculpt, really strange choice, but hey..look at Sue storm as of recent, something's going on at Hasbro the Face sculpt approver has been on vacation for quite some time, but also I'm offended if they think this new head for hulk looks like it paying homage to that OG series 1 Hulk, because nothing should pay homage to that horror.

anyways like I've said...this head sculpt looks way too much like Boss Nass of the gungans...I can't unsee it.

spacer.png

Yo Nass is that you Banner?

On 12/17/2021 at 3:21 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah it's a bad head sculpt, really strange choice, but hey..look at Sue storm as of recent, something's going on at Hasbro the Face sculpt approver has been on vacation for quite some time, but also I'm offended if they think this new head for hulk looks like it paying homage to that OG series 1 Hulk, because nothing should pay homage to that horror.

anyways like I've said...this head sculpt looks way too much like Boss Nass of the gungans...I can't unsee it.

spacer.png

Yo Nass is that you Banner?

Oh lord, you're right... "Meesa gonna smash you bombad, Abomination!!!"

Yeah- Sue, this Hulk, the upcoming Sabertooth... I really hope this isn't a trend of fuglier head sculpts...

i admit for one part i might plan to wait for reviews to see a bit of full detail of how this figure can be, but definitely another part i do confess i just am not a fan of those head sculpts, but i'll wait and see what happens next.

On 12/17/2021 at 12:16 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

"Who is approving these terrible head sculpts? This does not look like any previous Hulks- no other Hulk figure has looked like Mick Jagger...."

Here's the main reason I'm not happy with these sculpts: they're all unforced errors that make no sense. Totally needless. In the case of the TB Hulk, its not like the team didn't know they were gonna bilk the fans over this "anniversary/tribute" thing, and didn't have time to come up with a head. It looks like a whole lotta Don't Give A Dang went into it, with a side of "these dorks will buy anything, ha ha ha ha". They are touting this work as special, as a celebration, but turning in schlock And charging even more for it!  And like others said- these sculpts don't even look like who they're supposed to be. Which is hard to do, considering all the artists and inkers over the last decades they've had. 

On 12/18/2021 at 1:36 PM, Benn said:

I’m really surprised by the reactions to these heads. I don’t ever remember seeing Hulk look like this, with the sideburns, etc. (other than, perhaps, as portrayed by Lou Ferrigno), but I still think these heads look great. Maybe I’m misinterpreting people’s complaints.

The focus is on the head because they are ugly, even though they represent early artwork in the 70s but for me there is just not enough changes to justify getting this. If they had given him the shorts, maybe I would have bought it.

My guess is the guy sculpting this Hulk is the same guy that sculpted the ToyBiz homage Cap, Iron Man and the upcoming classic Dr Strange figures. 

IMO none of the above look like any other Legend out there and it ALMOST seems like a very artist specific wave. Not necessarily a bad thing but stand these 4 figures together and they look like a set. And compared to some Legends figures that get the bare minimum of sculpt, they look like a different action figure line all together.

again, not a bad thing, for those of us that will grab these they will blend into our collections. But due to their extra detailing they will certainly catch your eye.