The DEADLIEST Villain In X-men History Joins The Marauders!

toynewman

Steve Orlando and Eleonora Carlini welcome Cassandra Nova aboard their new MARAUDERS run launching in March

New York, NY— December 17, 2021 — The final Marauder revealed! Starting in March, set sail with writer Steve Orlando and artist Eleonara Carlini for a new era of MARAUDERS. A new creative team calls for a new crew and this one is packed with longtime favorites like Kate Pryde, bright newcomers like Somnus, and a shocking final member—CASSANDRA NOVA!

The twisted twin sister of Professor Xavier, Cassandra was introduced during Grant Morrison’s revolutionary early 2000s run on NEW X-MEN where she  orchestrated the deadliest crime in mutantkind history and left the X-Men’s world in chaos. Now the Marauders need her help to untangle a mystery rooted in the earliest days of mutantkind. Do they dare trust her?

“Cassandra Nova Xavier is back, with the same malicious mind and murderous hands as ever!” Orlando said. “But how much has she changed since her last run in with the X-Men? Pryde and the Marauders have no choice but to find out, since Cassandra's only one who can lead them to mutantkind's earliest ancestors -- a mystery two billion years old. She's little bit Xavier, a little bit Catherine Trammel, and the Marauders' only hope for success.”

See Cassandra suiting up in an all-new variant cover by Carlini and find out she’s really changed her ways when MARAUDERS #1 hits stands on March 30! And don’t miss the opening adventure of Steve Orlando’s run in MARAUDERS ANNUAL #1 on January 12. For more information, visit Marvel.com.

image001.jpg

On 12/17/2021 at 5:52 PM, Chunkylover said:

Yeah, I thought that quote was weird. "I'm here to ruthlessly defend our kind." I don't remember much of the story, but I thought she attached Genosha with the Sentinels.

She did, she killed 16 million mutants at the start of Grant Morrison's run. Which was half of the world's mutants until Marvel didn't do there research and actually made it worse. Also the X-Men blamed that on the Trask family because hey built the Sentinels in the first place.

On 12/17/2021 at 11:52 AM, Chunkylover said:

Yeah, I thought that quote was weird. "I'm here to ruthlessly defend our kind." I don't remember much of the story, but I thought she attached Genosha with the Sentinels.

I cannot understand that either. It doesn't make any sense for her to "defend our kind". Probably the quote belongs to someone else?

On 12/17/2021 at 1:10 PM, leokearon said:

She did, she killed 16 million mutants at the start of Grant Morrison's run. Which was half of the world's mutants until Marvel didn't do there research and actually made it worse. Also the X-Men blamed that on the Trask family because hey built the Sentinels in the first place.

What's the part about Marvel making it worse? Are you referring to M-Day? They blamed the Trasks for Cassandra Nova?

Why on Earth is her name Cassa Nova?

On 12/17/2021 at 6:50 PM, Chunkylover said:

What's the part about Marvel making it worse? Are you referring to M-Day? They blamed the Trasks for Cassandra Nova?

Why on Earth is her name Cassa Nova?

Basically thanks to M-Day and the lack of research Nova's attack went from wiping out half the mutant population to wiping out roughly 90% of the mutant population at that time.

Typical Marvel BS. No new ideas? Just have the baddies change sides and then magically, even though they retain the same powers, they somehow become less powerful and imposing than they were before and suddenly the once terrifying and massively feared nemesis becomes just another chump on the X-Men roster constantly being caught off guard or snuck up on from behind and ultimately having trouble taking out the most insignificant of foes.

"Oh no, it's Cassandra Nova, one of the X-Men's oldest and deadliest foes. But she's batting for the good guys now. Quick, I have a plan. First I'll challenge her to a game of Rock/Paper/Scissors/Lizard/Mr. Spock, and while she's distracted Rip will sneak up behind her with a cooler with a Rattlesnake in it and throw it in her face when she turns around and we'll all stand around her and watch her suffer a slow and painful and satisfying demise. Done, time for lunch break."

Lame, they hast a new name, and that name be Marvel.