Marvel Legends Backpack Tease - What Could It Be For?

JayC

During Hasbro's latest Marvel Legends live-stream they teased a backpack as an accessory for an upcoming figure or figures being released in 2022.

00__scaled_600.jpg

Being a fairly generic looking accessory, it's impossible to say with 100% certainty what exactly Hasbro has planned for this, but I can tell you based on information I have seen two Marvel Legends items that should be coming in 2022 that will likely contain a backpack accessory.

Both of these will be part of Hasbro's Spider Man 60th Anniversary Marvel Legends sub-line. Hasbro previously showed us a comic based Iron Spider figure which will also be part of this sub-line.

Hasbro-1027-Marvel-00__scaled_600.jpg

Of course Iron Spider isn't the figure that will come with this backpack accessory, but there will be a Marvel Legends Spiderverse Peni Parker and SP//DR 2-pack coming in 2022 of which we could see a backpack included with Peni.

02__scaled_600.jpg

Now Peni's Backpack which is green and has a cat face and ears on it doesn't really match up with the backpack Hasbro teased. It's possible the one Hasbro showed was an unpainted prototype that could be turned green and have the cat stuff added, but more likely than not the tease is for something else. Still I saw this as a good opportunity to tell you that this one is coming next year.

So what could the backpack tease be for if not for Peni? Well the most likely thing is a Spider-Man: Homecoming 2-pack that will feature figures of Peter Parker and his best friend Ned.

01__scaled_600.jpg
The backpack shown in Hasbro's tease does match up pretty well with the one worn by Peter throughout much of that movie with the beige color and black straps. Ned might come with his own camo backpack as seen in the movie and both may feature those high school blazer jackets. I actually have know idea if they will be wearing the jackets or not, but I hope Ned comes with an alternate Spider-Man mask wearing headsculpt.

04__scaled_600.jpg

So like I said before, I can't be 100% sure either of these two things is what Hasbro was actually teasing, but they should be coming next year and we will just have to wait and see if one of them is what the tease was for. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms these two Marvel Legends sets, we will consider them RUMORS.

I'm conflicted with these 2 sets. The SPDR is great for people who wants to complete that Spider-verse team but doesn't work for a Comic collection as we have her comic form as well. At the same time she is an alternate universe so she can fit into a general Spider-verse collection, comics, live action and Cartoon.

As for the Ned set, the likelihood of us getting a comic Ned (who is not dressed like the Hobgoblin) is extremely low so we will need to get this for that character.

OK my wild just woke up, and isnt remotely true guess....

The Something about Mary universe has joined Marvel, and that is the backpack of the hitchhiking psycho murderer. The figure will also come with his 7 minute abs video.

The BAF will be Ben Stiller with his hoo hoo stuck in the zipper. If you push a button, you can hear "beans n franks".

Back to reality....I have no clue what this figure will be. I quit collecting MCU, but think I would invest in a Ned figure.

On 12/18/2021 at 11:25 AM, leokearon said:

It could be Moongirl, she has a Backpack.

If they could figure out how to give us a cool in-scale Devil Dinosaur, nothing would make me happier to get her.

As for me my guesses are pretty boring. Civilian Peter Parker like the ToyBiz Secret Identity Spidey from some years back.

4rwIoBQU8xEbo7k62gri61pQYFrHWaCHRQ5xG7Q5

The guess people had here about some sort of MCU set with Ned or MJ.

Or, my wildcard pick... a Raimiverse Spider-Man to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original movie.

1176169.jpg

On 12/18/2021 at 6:44 PM, watanabefan said:

If they could figure out how to give us a cool in-scale Devil Dinosaur, nothing would make me happier to get her.

As for me my guesses are pretty boring. Civilian Peter Parker like the ToyBiz Secret Identity Spidey from some years back.

4rwIoBQU8xEbo7k62gri61pQYFrHWaCHRQ5xG7Q5

The guess people had here about some sort of MCU set with Ned or MJ.

Or, my wildcard pick... a Raimiverse Spider-Man to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original movie.

1176169.jpg

Devil maybe be something for a HasLab.

To be honest when I first saw the backpack my thoughts were of the Raimiverse Peter toy.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:12 AM, Jormungand said:

A recent email Hasbro sent me about restocked items took me to a page that, among other things, featured a t- rex Transformer dinosaur. I'm not certain Devil Dinosaur is a t-rex, but if so, I could easily see that mold being repurposed for him.

I doubt it, unless Devil Dinosaur can transform into a robot

What an example of tone-deaf gall. These guys are talking about backpacks, to excite the masses. Meanwhile I'm looking at the Silver Centurion armor and astounded at how poorly executed THAT back pack was. How did they mess that up? Its a relatively simple, unequal hexagon shape with a seam right down the middle. Certainly not the backpack they gave us. The collectors were furious (more so for the helmet than anything else, clearly) but the Legends team never bothered to correct it. Frankly, I'd be embarrassed about this reveal for fear that it might re-ignite that snafu. On the other hand, I guess their feeling is we'll buy anything.....

On 12/19/2021 at 2:31 AM, leokearon said:

I doubt it, unless Devil Dinosaur can transform into a robot

Not sure where that logic is coming from. The mold is an imprint of the exterior three-dimensional shape of the figure, which in this case, is a T-Rex dinosaur. Any holes or seems that are open on the figures surface for transforming purposes are easily filled in with plastic. I went back to Pulse and it appears to be a Transformer/Jurassic Park figure. Not real big is scale, so any mold would have to be enlarged also. But prevailing opinion on this board seems to be for a Spider-man related figure, so who knows, just spit-balling here.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:37 PM, Jormungand said:

Not sure where that logic is coming from. The mold is an imprint of the exterior three-dimensional shape of the figure, which in this case, is a T-Rex dinosaur. Any holes or seems that are open on the figures surface for transforming purposes are easily filled in with plastic. I went back to Pulse and it appears to be a Transformer/Jurassic Park figure. Not real big is scale, so any mold would have to be enlarged also. But prevailing opinion on this board seems to be for a Spider-man related figure, so who knows, just spit-balling here.

They aren't allowed to mix the brands.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:37 PM, Jormungand said:

No the mold is of a transforming dinosaur. All the parts of the mold is design to for the figure to transform. It isn't a imprint of the rex body it is a imprint of numerous small parts.

spacer.png

On 12/19/2021 at 3:19 PM, leokearon said:

No the mold is of a transforming dinosaur. All the parts of the mold is design to for the figure to transform. It isn't a imprint of the rex body it is a imprint of numerous small parts.

spacer.png

Okay, well Tarot put a steak in our conversation anyway as there is no mixing of parts or molds between brands. Not looking like Devil Dinosaur is likely for that backpack.

On 12/19/2021 at 1:54 PM, Jormungand said:

Okay, well Tarot put a steak in our conversation anyway as there is no mixing of parts or molds between brands. Not looking like Devil Dinosaur is likely for that backpack.

Well if Tarot put a steak in that one, I'm ordering the lobster for mine. Thanks Tarot. 

On 12/20/2021 at 4:27 PM, SpiderS said:

I really want comic book SPDR and Peni but I guess theres more people who will prefer animated style, but I still think this was tease for new homecoming spidey maybe it's some exclusive deluxe pack. 

I wouldn't mind any version of Peni and SPDR

On 12/20/2021 at 11:07 PM, tarot said:

We have spdr. It was a baf in its own wave

And thats exactly why, they have figure mold ready. but it's incomplete without Peni so instead of releasing penny alone they could do them together as 2pack and maybe improve SPDR range of motion, and additionally Spider-Verse SPDR was pretty goofy in design.