Top 10 BAF Wishlist 2021

tarot

Original Source - https://nearcompleteset.com/2021/12/18/top-10-baf-wishlist-2021/

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. We are close to Christmas and today is the only day I will be off from work. As such I decided to give you my third Top 10 that I promise my readers. Today I will be listing off MY most wanted Build-A-Figure. This list was Extremely hard to make as there are tons of BAF type figures I want. I also tried to include most of the sub-franchises. However, I should note that to me the BAF is not only big characters but also unique designs. That’s why you may see a few that are “normal” size but because of their design would only work as a BAF. Also except for one character, all of these are brand new characters.

Any onto the list:

10. Spider-Slayer - Taking the tenth spot we have Spider-Slayers. I couldn’t decide which version we NEED to have but I do like the more recent Alistar Smythe from the Superior Spider-man series.

09. A-Bomb - Now we have someone I’m surprised hasn’t been done, Rick Jones’ A-Bomb

08. Atlas - I fought hard about whether I want Barton Goliath, Bill/Tom Foster, or the new Giant Man. Atlas won because I want to have more of the original T-Bolts and a new character.

07. Mammomax - I noticed when I was making this list, I had a lack of Mutant representation. I also wanted to do Post or Random but getting a big elephant man is a more appealing option. Plus, Hasbro has been on an animal character wave lately.

06. Stegron - As a Spider-man fan, if I hadn’t included Stegron in some form I know certain readers would kill me. (He says when he wants the Dino man as well).

05. Gorilla Man - If you have been following me on social media, you know that I have begun a push to get this guy made. I mean let’s show McFarlane how Hasbro makes a gorilla.

04. Gorgon - Making a huge leap in my wants thanks to a certain green minotaur magician, we have the Inhuman Gorgon. Despite being a relatively normal-sized character, he is a baf because of his design (the hooves).

03. Shuma Gorath - Next we have the one-eyed starfish and someone that is about to make his MCU debut, Shuma Gorath. The beautiful thing about this is that he can be of any size. You see in that image he can be bigger than a planet or the size of a normal person.

02. Dragon Man - Taking the runner up spot we have Dragon Man. Yes TB did a figure of this years ago but that was WAAAAYYYYY too small. This is a character that towers over even Hulk. While I don’t expect Hasbro to make it that big, they will make it bigger.

01. Lockjaw - Okay. If you been collecting Marvel Legends for a while, you would know that the Inhuman teleporter has been a winner of theFwoosh’s top Ten BAF for what seems like over a decade. How do we not have him yet? If you use the argument, we don’t have him because the TV series failed, well, hate to tell you but have been asking for it long before that show. Not to mention that he has been in many comics recently, like Ms. Marvel, the F4, Thor and the Pet Avengers. Hasbro has no excuse for not making this good boy.

And that’s my Top Ten Baf Wishlist. Let me know what you think and tell me what’s your Top 10 BAF are.

01lockjaw.jpg

02dragonman.jpg

03shumagorath.jpg

04gorgon.jpg

05gorillaman.jpg

06gorillaman.jpg

07gorillaman.jpg

08atlas.jpg

09abomb.jpg

10spiderslayers.jpg

10spiderslayers2.jpg

You have tons of great stuff here, I agree and love so many of your choices Tarot

Here we go , just off the top of my head, would love to see these get made as BAFs

Blackheart

Manphibian

Varnae

Grendel Dragon

Mangog

Big Mother

Baymax (Dragon Form)

Alien Spider-Slayer

Man-Spider

Tyrant

Very cool lists from both of you. Some of the characters you mention I see as too big for BAF and would require the deluxe treatment. And I'm still hoping that Shuma-Gorath is the next HasLab. 😁

As for my list, it includes a lot of Fantastic Four villains:

1. Annihilus -- the first of many Fantastic Four villains I want who are big enough and/or complicated enough to be build-a-figures. Between the unique physiology and the wings, I have a hard time believing Annihilus could be released as a single carded figure.
  2. Ronan the Accuser -- I want him to be nearly as broad as he is tall, like how he was drawn in the comics. He should scale similarly to the Marvel Legends Thing.
  3. Terrax the Tamer -- Gonna need another Herald of Galactus before the big guy shows up. And Terrax also fought the New Warriors, so... 
  4. Dragon Man -- Pretty obvious, just make sure he includes a pair of bifocals.
  5. Awesome Android -- definitely belongs in whatever wave includes the Mad Thinker.
  6. Blastaar -- The Living Bomb Burst! Nuff Said!!!
  7. Titanium Man -- the Select version looks so damn good; just do the same thing as a Legends BAF and it's perfect... mmm, maybe take another swing at the "face"...
  8. Volstagg the Voluminous -- the Lion of Asgard deserves the BAF treatment to adequately capture his most awesome and mighty girth. And naturally he should be in a wave that includes Fandral the Dashing and Hogun the Grim. 
  9. Charlie 27 -- We need more classic Guardians of the Galaxy. Put him in a cosmic wave that includes Yondu and Starhawk
  10. Ch'od -- bring on the Starjammers!

c9f2e1d6f1e0b19d75c76a88caef2011.jpgc2d0b5ffae72fafb55ad4f7ed3f268f4.jpg2446ac45f9e0ee576e1e578abfd04de6.png

1154922-dm33.jpgAwesome-Android-Marvel-Comics-Mad-ThinkeBlastaar-Marvel-Comics-Fantastic-Four-h.Titanium-Man-Marvel-Comics-2-Iron-Man-a.

Volstagg-Marvel-Comics-Thor.jpgd5tx72k-397579f4-2232-49b4-9657-758a2eb0Chod-Marvel-Comics-Starjammers-X-Men.jpg

A lot of the picks above are obvious choices and some aren't so obvious but absolutely inspired choices. My list isn't going to look super original at this point, but I will add a few characters that haven't been mentioned yet.

1. Ch'od
2. Armor
3. Warstar
4. Dragon Man
5. Mammomax
6. Bi-Beast
7. Hemingway
8. A-Bomb
9. Titanium Man
10. Mojo

• 5 weeks later...

In no particular order:

-Lockjaw

-Blastaar (classic outfit)

-Annihilus (classic, comic accurate- unlike the weird BAF we got)

-Stegron

-Awesome Android

-Ch'od

-Warstar

-Zzaxx

-A-Bomb

-Spider Slayer (as pictured)

I would really like Giganto and Shuma Gorath, but I think they are both too large and complex for Hasbro to release as BAFs, and would probably need to be done as deluxe figures, sold on their own.

-

JJS1.jpg