Frank Castle's Definitive Chapter Begins This March

JayC

Frank Castle must face his destiny. Beginning this March, Frank’s dark path will be revealed in PUNISHER, a series years in the making that will mark the definitive culmination of Frank Castle’s journey in the Marvel Universe to date, building on his past to reveal his inescapable future.

PUNISHER, written by Avengers architect Jason Aaron, will be a 13-issue prestige limited series. Running monthly, each issue will be oversized to explore the past, present, and future of Frank Castle’s character and reveal where his motivations truly lie. The series will be drawn by Jesús Saiz and Paul Azaceta, with each separately taking on Castle’s present day and Castle’s past through flashbacks, respectively.

“After writing the Punisher over the years, I’ve always been fascinated by the character of Frank Castle. What moments made him the Punisher, even before that fateful day in the park? And how far will he go to win the war that has consumed his life? Spoiler: as far as it damn well takes,” said Aaron. “This story is the destined next step in the dark and tragic evolution of Frank Castle, from troubled kid to heroic soldier to revenge-driven vigilante…to the duly anointed King of Killers. Believe me when I say, I am as excited about this story as anything I’ve ever written for Marvel.

As the Punisher, Frank Castle has become the most accomplished killer the world has ever seen. After a shocking secret pushes him to become the warlord of the Hand, he now serves the Beast, a role he’s been fated to fulfill. Tragedy, war, and rage come together as he takes up his sword and his new armor with the most notorious clan of assassins in the Marvel Universe. Will it mean an end for the Punisher? Or a whole new bloody beginning?

“A few years ago, Jason Aaron came into one of our creative summits with a pitch for Frank that made our collective jaws drop,” said Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski. “The story Jason is telling – a truly epic tale about darkness, violence, and choices – can only be told with the Punisher at its core. This series will build on Frank’s legacy while introducing us to a side of him we’ve never seen before, setting the stage for an evolution that we’ll find was inevitable.

More information about PUNISHER will be released in the coming months.

PUNISHER #1
Written by JASON AARON
Art by JESÚS SAIZ and PAUL AZACETA
Colors by DAVE STEWART
Cover by JESÚS SAIZ
On sale March 2022

CLOSE  

PUNISHER PREVIEW_AZACETA.jpg

PUNISHER PREVIEW_SAIZ.jpg

PUNISHER2022001_Cov.jpg

On 12/20/2021 at 9:42 PM, Outsiders said:

So it appears that Marvel decided to change The Punisher's Logo to something between Boba Fett's Mythosaur Sigil and Shao Kahn's Helmet...

I know why Marvel did it but not going to get into it here on the forums.

He’ll be back to his old logo by the end of it, it’s only a limited series with him serving the Beast which is the symbol on his body. 

Marvel? You mean the individual writer who's penning this run. Like it's extremely clear Frank is with the hand, he's skull representation samurai helmet and head pieces, hell I've one just like in from Nioh 2 if that wasn't clear he has 2 katanas. People are ridiculous flipping out, like did the forget his logo when he began cosmic ghostrider or the more extreme skull in punisher 2099. This is why conservative aren't comic fans, because there thing is an adverse reaction to change, with out reliving the changes they're moaning about isnt actually anything new in comics. Especially when it comes to comicbook costumes evolution. Anyone who knows anything about comic books knows this costume is for this run. One thing that bugs me is when people say marvel, marvel is a publisher . As a publisher all they care about is money nothing else. Their involvement is to green light and fund projects that get pitch by writers, those writing are alway fans at heart. Who are doing what they love. You only have to type in marvel art dc art to see how many people love making their own designs for existing heroes. Hell one of the most popular creation is tyranoking from art of tran. After boom studio made Lord drakkon combine Tommy olivers green and white powers, he did the same with Jason the original Red ranger with his zeo gold power. Its praised by fans and actors alike. People need to stop think change is bad. Change is because some political reasons start realising that writers aren't all the same having different ideas and use their personal experience and brining them in to the story. 

On 12/22/2021 at 12:37 PM, BGAndy said:

Like it's extremely clear Frank is with the hand, he's skull representation samurai helmet and head pieces, hell I've one just like in from Nioh 2 if that wasn't clear he has 2 katanas.

I hope they show him how to improve his hand to hand combat...

On 12/22/2021 at 12:37 PM, BGAndy said:

This is why conservative aren't comic fans, because there thing is an adverse reaction to change, with out reliving the changes they're moaning about isnt actually anything new in comics.

Amen...

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 1:37 PM, BGAndy said:

Marvel? You mean the individual writer who's penning this run. Like it's extremely clear Frank is with the hand, he's skull representation samurai helmet and head pieces, hell I've one just like in from Nioh 2 if that wasn't clear he has 2 katanas. People are ridiculous flipping out, like did the forget his logo when he began cosmic ghostrider or the more extreme skull in punisher 2099. This is why conservative aren't comic fans, because there thing is an adverse reaction to change, with out reliving the changes they're moaning about isnt actually anything new in comics. Especially when it comes to comicbook costumes evolution. Anyone who knows anything about comic books knows this costume is for this run. One thing that bugs me is when people say marvel, marvel is a publisher . As a publisher all they care about is money nothing else. Their involvement is to green light and fund projects that get pitch by writers, those writing are alway fans at heart. Who are doing what they love. You only have to type in marvel art dc art to see how many people love making their own designs for existing heroes. Hell one of the most popular creation is tyranoking from art of tran. After boom studio made Lord drakkon combine Tommy olivers green and white powers, he did the same with Jason the original Red ranger with his zeo gold power. Its praised by fans and actors alike. People need to stop think change is bad. Change is because some political reasons start realising that writers aren't all the same having different ideas and use their personal experience and brining them in to the story. 

Who is flipping out about what, and what does any of it have to do with voting? That being said changing punishers logo for a run is one thing, changing it permanently might be a bad business move. It’s one of the most iconic comic logos of all time. Comic fans love the connection to the past, that’s why we see stories reprinted times infinity, retro figures, and everything from 1950’s style Captain America paraphernalia, to 1990’s style x-men t-shirts. Change is fine as long as it’s not change for the sake of placating political activists, identitarian cultists and/or religious zealots. Which we do often see. And the results have been mixed but mostly negative. People want authenticity over anything, and when a writer becomes obsessed with any of the above the story suffers.