Marvel Legends Hasbro Needs To Do From Spider-Man: No Way Home -Movie Spoilers-

JayC

With Spider-Man: No Way Home blowing up at the box office this past weekend, I think it's time to talk Marvel Legends. While Hasbro has already given us their initial wave based on the movie, for those who have now see it I think it's a safe assumption we are going to want more.

Now I would love to sit here and tell you I have seen information suggesting these are coming, I cannot. Never-the-less, my guess is with many if not all of these, it's less about IF Hasbro will do them and more about when they will do them.

So lets break it down starting with the villains.

00.jpg

All of these have been done as action figures before either by Hasbro or Toy Biz, but I think all of them are due for an update in plastic form. The number 1 No Way Home villain figure figure I want to see Hasbro do in modern form is Doc Ock (Alfred Molina).

03__scaled_600.jpg

I think he was the best villain in the movie and would love to see a deluxe figure released with articulated arms that not only can pick things up but also allows him to stand on them.

Next up is the Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe).

02__scaled_600.jpg

Osborn sports two different looks in the movie, his classic look and then one without the mask where he is wearing a hoodie. Hopefully an updated Marvel Legends figure will allow you to portray the figure with either look.

For most improved villain in this movie from their original appearance, I think the award goes Electro (Jamie Foxx)

04__scaled_600.jpg

While he never really wears an actual costume in the movie, he is able to now use his yellow electricity to incorporate elements from his comic book look including the lightning bolts around his head which in the comics are part of his mask. Hopefully Hasbro could use some cool translucent plastic to mimic this effect in plastic form for an updated Marvel Legends figure.

A new Sandman (Thomas Haden Church) Marvel Legends figure would be awesome to see.

05__scaled_600.jpg

Sandman appears in various sizes during the movie, but I think all sand normal size is the best way to go with this one for a new figure.

Finally for the villains we have Lizard (Rhys Ifans).

06__scaled_600.jpg

I can't say I've ever been a big fan of Lizard's movie look, so this is probably the figure I would be least excited for. Still they can't do the others without giving us Lizard???

Now that we have gotten the villains out of the way, lets talk Spider-Man himself. Hasbro has already given us three Tom Holland Spider-Man figures from the movie, but there is one more I think we need to see.

01__scaled_600.jpg

The Classic suit Tom puts on at the very end. No longer incorporating Stark's Nano-Tech, Spider-Man gets back to basics with a more traditional spandex look and this to me is a must have version for getting the action figure treatment.

Of course as long rumored, Tom Holland wasn't the only Spider-Man to appear in the movie and fans are going to want their updated versions of

Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield

08__scaled_600.jpg

07__scaled_600.jpg

Hopefully both figures will come with masked and unmasked headsculpts.

Tell us in the COMMENTS SECTION below out of these 8 which ones do you want to see Hasbro release first?

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Sorry but if I see another one of these NWH list again, I'm going to scream. My FB and Reddit are filled with them.

Joking aside, I don't think we will see these figures for a while. It takes up to a year for figure to get made and by the time we get these, the hype will have died down. Considering almost all of them will require new sculpts (except for the Lizard, all he needs is a new head), it will take even longer.

I know Hasbro at one point said they knew as much as we did about that movie, so they wouldn’t have figures for it ready for a while, but how much truth is there to that? I know things were kept under wraps, but considering the fact that most of the figures we need from NWH are characters that have appeared with those looks previously, it seems like Hasbro should have had some of them in the pipeline even as just Raimi or TASM figures. Really the only ones at that point that we’d have to wait on would be Electro, Goblin’s second suit, Tom’s new suit and maybe Sandman.

On 12/22/2021 at 9:31 AM, Ironspider428 said:

I know Hasbro at one point said they knew as much as we did about that movie, so they wouldn’t have figures for it ready for a while, but how much truth is there to that? I know things were kept under wraps, but considering the fact that most of the figures we need from NWH are characters that have appeared with those looks previously, it seems like Hasbro should have had some of them in the pipeline even as just Raimi or TASM figures. Really the only ones at that point that we’d have to wait on would be Electro, Goblin’s second suit, Tom’s new suit and maybe Sandman.

The problem is that they almost certainly have to have everything approved from Disney. Sure they probably “knew” they were coming, as it was pretty well known, but that doesn’t mean they could actually go into production on them without approval. If they weren’t given the info from Marvel Studios, and they started production on figures, and artwork or samples got out as they always do, can you imagine the ****storm that would cause from their biggest licensing partner?

as much as I love this movie, I still stick by my feelings of not wanting these figs myself personally, I'm hoping you guys all get them, but at this point I'd only buy Norman and Lizard, I'd pass on the rest, in less they were reallly impressive.

Since I don't collect MCU figures, none of these appeal to me, but I sincerely hope all of them get made in the next year or two for those who want them.

As for the look of the Lizard, I really like his overall body and head shape, I just wish he were clothed. I preferred those few precious seconds in The Amazing Spider-Man when he still had a lab coat on, before it got shredded and he ripped the pieces off his arms. 

I agree comeplteyl with all of these. I want them. I think we need the updated spideys first, so we can finally do some cool scenes with all the Spidey Bros, then a doc ock and Green goblin for sure. I would prefer two goblins though. An updated one with the 2002 look and one with the 2021 look. Then all of the others you mentioned then hopefully, we can continue to get more Spidey waves and they give us more updates like maybe a black suited Spidey? Topper Grace venom just to have? James Franco Harry goblin? The rhino and goblin from asm2? It’d be nice to receive all those updates, along with everyone we saw in the film. 

On 12/22/2021 at 4:58 PM, memocromatico said:

The only one’s I’d pass up are Garfield and Lizard, those 2 I already have. If Garfield came with alt maskless head I’d be all in. But LIzard is a really long shot. I can’t see me buying it again.

I would really hope for a new mold for Andrew, or at the very least a new torso. The only one kinda didn't age well, with the weird butterfly joints and ab crunch, as well as the dirty-looking paint wash.