Doctor Strange: Multiverse Of Madness Teaser Trailer Officially Online

JayC

On 2/14/2022 at 2:44 PM, JayC said:

I think its a safe assumption with last nights teaser that some version of Xavier will be in it and from the set up of the scene possibly as part of the Illuminati. Though maybe its actually going to be Star Trek enters the MCU 🙂 Thats being said ever since No Way Home I've seen rumors of everyone and there uncle supposedly making cameos. Even people like Edward Norton which based on how he and Marvel parted ways, I would find that highly unlikely. I do hope the rumors of Tom Cruise being in it as Iron Man prove to be false but I fear they will not.

So far the Internet is going nuts that a very blurry screenshot is Cruise as the Superior Iron Man.  I wouldn't mind as long as it means finally getting a Marvel Legends Superior Iron Man

This trailer is pure fire, it looks stunning and you can clearly see Sam Raimi's touch, story wise it also seems to be packed and that cameo is amazing as well as Illuminati introduction actually being real, can't really tell if it's so called Superior Iron man with infinite stones or Captain Marvel (either Monica or her mom), either way it's going to be super cool experience, especially when you compare this sequel to other Marvel sequels, this alone seems like event movie on the level of Endgame and No Way Home that sets even higher bar.

On 2/14/2022 at 3:23 PM, Hogun said:

I heard that Tom Cruise and Leonardo DiCaprio will be appearing in the film as Superior Iron Man and Superior Spider-Man respectively. With Patrick Stewart seemingly confirmed to be appearing as Xavier. I believe these rumors to be true.

I think I knew about Tom Cruise possibly appearing, but had no idea about DiCaprio..

On 2/14/2022 at 5:22 AM, tarot said:

God the minute people heard Sir Patrick Stewart's voice, clicking baiting site instantly started making the round that he is back as Xavier, "X-men confirmed", "Daniel Radcliffe will cameo as Wolverine" (I'm not making the last one up). 

God can't the actor be playing another character>

Seriously though, what are the odds he's playing someone else?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess they're not trying to hide the whole Illuminati thing.  To me it's certainly going to be the most exciting aspect of the movie. I'm of the mind it's at the end of the movie though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it Thursday, and to me its one of the weaker of MCUs offerings. I was not a fan of the protagonist and reasonings among other things. I ll have to go get my refund at the 'memory store'. 

On 5/7/2022 at 11:57 AM, ADour said:

Watched it the other day and I loved it. Raimi really got to flex his horror-movie muscles, not necessarily because the movie was scary, but because the visuals were fenomenal. What Strange did in the third act was the dopest thing the MCU has ever done.

See this was how I felt, the Raimi touch on this movie was Explicitly there in the visuals and art direction which I loved, it wasn't scary but it had horror elements to the visuals and set pieces, some really cool things happened in this movie, and that last trick Strange pulled was probably one of the cooler things ever done in an MCU movie, but that's me as a fan of horror.

I find it interesting how mixed people are with the movie so far. I didnt hate it but I was far below liking it. Yet my 2 buddies that saw it absolutely hated it. Ive seen tons of people that either super hate it or super love it. It was entertaining to look at once but after the smoke clears from the visuals, only the story is left and to me, that was super weak. It had some fun moments for sure. Definitely had some lovely Raimi touches which was indeed a very welcome change akin to how Taika Waititi changed MCU up with Ragnarok. 

I just got back from watching it and I liked it. Maybe it is more the fact I could see all the easter eggs in the movie or the fact that I was laughing at all the people's theories falling flat, especially about the illuminati. And that sneaky character at the end, wasn't expecting that.

It does make the ML wave choices a bit weird.

I did enjoy this movie but I too had reservations about the antagonists  motivations. Specifically the amount of deaths caused so two ( annoying) lives can continue..

Raimi’s trademarks are all over this but for a HUGE horror & MCU fan, this is a dream come true.

i always ( try ) to avoid spoilers so I was pleasantly surprised by a few character appearances. ( one specific one was a FANTASTIC fan service) Also very surprised by a actor returning to a role from a failed and heavily criticized tv show.. nice touch MCU.. and for those with 90’s nostalgia, listen for a very familiar tune when a certain character makes his appearance.. fun stuff...

So not that the MCU rules for time travel or Multiverse hopping are well defined ( or even make sense) but let me get this straight: every version of Dr Strange looks like Cumberbatch ( same with a few other characters from “different universes” ) as well as all the Spidey villains look just as they did in the old Sony films, but each version of Peter Parker looks nothing like the other? Ah well, try not to over think it and have fun..

It’s nice that we are fully back into MCU films with recognizable characters ( tho it seems they are determined to eventually get back to Shang Who and The Eternal(ly Boring) so I’m enjoying revisiting the MCU. I should point out that this latest phase seems to have the weakest ties to an overall arc if that is indeed where the MCU is heading.. I mean, in Eternals, a Celestials HAND was left protruding out of the earth and there has been zero mention of this since. Seems like,  even in passing, there would be some mention of an event that would surely change life on earth as we know it.. 

anyway, fun film that has fun and surprising cameos, some returning MCU or MCU adjacent ( depending on who you ask) characters appearing in ways we haven’t seen them before and a very cool final act. It’s not without its flaws, not thrilled with the treatment of a fan favorite Avenger, but overall I liked it a lot. I THOUGHT I had some things figured out but was ok that the film went in a different direction than I’d guessed. 

Two after credit scenes for fellow completists.. 

EDIT: no spoiler here but I will add that Wong continues to grow as one of the best supporting characters in the entire MCU.