Marvel Legends Retro Collection Loki Video Review And Images

Outsiders

GeekHangover takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Retro Collection Loki from Hasbro Toys.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_17.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_18.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_19.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_20.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_21.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_22.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_23.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_24.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_25.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_26.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_27.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_28.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_29.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_30.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_31.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_32.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_33.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_34.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_35.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_36.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_37.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_38.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_39.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_40.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_41.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_42.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Loki_By_GeekHangover_43.jpg

this figure actually bothers me, a shameless re-release of a pegwarmer piggy backing on the popularity of the TV show, this figure wasn't great to begin with, and this doesn't try to make it much better, sure I appreciate the non stupid grin face alt head, but would I buy this all over again just for a second head, absolutely not, as much as I hate that grin face, not worth spending money to get a new head, when they really should have just given us a better figure by now, Legends cost to much to be doubling dipping nowadays, I'll wait until they can produce something worth buying, this was a lame move on Hasbro's part, this figure is.... thumbs downer.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:31 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

this figure actually bothers me, a shameless re-release of a pegwarmer piggy backing on the popularity of the TV show, this figure wasn't great to begin with, and this doesn't try to make it much better, sure I appreciate the non stupid grin face alt head, but would I buy this all over again just for a second head, absolutely not, as much as I hate that grin face, not worth spending money to get a new head, when they really should have just given us a better figure by now, Legends cost to much to be doubling dipping nowadays, I'll wait until they can produce something worth buying, this was a lame move on Hasbro's part, this figure is.... thumbs downer.

Totally, totally agree my friend! Every word! I saw this actually at a Gamestop in a nearby suburb a few days back, and passed on it. I never got the first one either because of that silly horse face grin and was going to get this one. No sale; the thing is almost neon yellow, and as you said, lame re-release (they could have at least given him spell casting hands!). The figure I want....is the 'comic version' Loki from the show played by Richard E. Grant. That figure, and they surely must be making him, will be my definitive Loki figure!

On 1/2/2022 at 1:15 AM, Air-Walker said:

Totally, totally agree my friend! Every word! I saw this actually at a Gamestop in a nearby suburb a few days back, and passed on it. I never got the first one either because of that silly horse face grin and was going to get this one. No sale; the thing is almost neon yellow, and as you said, lame re-release (they could have at least given him spell casting hands!). The figure I want....is the 'comic version' Loki from the show played by Richard E. Grant. That figure, and they surely must be making him, will be my definitive Loki figure!

Amen, we need to speak with our wallets, with the insane price hikes (especially here in canada eh) we can't be buying everything, it's not feasible stores are charging 34-36 bucks a figure now...no way Hasbro you need a time out, and you are releasing things like this, a bad figure from the start, no sugar coating is going to fix that, and Infact the older versions colors I think are better...and even that new face ain't that good, actually it's not good at all.

On 1/1/2022 at 7:31 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"....this figure actually bothers me, a shameless re-release of a pegwarmer.... this figure wasn't great to begin with, and this doesn't try to make it much better....not worth spending money to get a new head, when they really should have just given us a better figure by now, Legends cost to much to be doubling dipping nowadays, I'll wait until they can produce something worth buying, this was a lame move on Hasbro's part, this figure is.... thumbs downer...."

That assessment is a mic drop, my friend. I swear, I think the hasbone legends team is throwing crap out just to see how many silly people will buy it. If they were going to make another go at this, it should be at least an attempt at improving the last one. Leaner, more accurate body, maybe some molded on armor scales, magic effects, something. 

spacer.png

at this point, yes this is a testament to them actually just shoving something out to capitalize on something popular, this "bunch" of vintage figures would not have been produced had it not been for the shows, they just didn't even care, they knew people would buy this stuff, Loki, Falcon really disgust me, because you know Loki and Falcon are going to eventually get released again...this is not flying for me, nobody cares to have this doofy loki figure again, nobody needs that falcon...

they are testing us..and at rising prices, it's a cruel trick for the most part.

and the fact this seems like a test of ....are they willing to buy everything? I'm not buying any of these, go home Hasbro, sleep it off.

and I'm one of the more forgiving around here.

On 1/2/2022 at 5:57 PM, tarot said:

why would an MCU character be packed in with a Comic figure?

Well, I never said it should be a packed in. Just was suggesting it would be cool to have. Second, who cares. We are talking about superhero toys.  I think we are being a little too serious if we can't mix it up. And, after watching LOKI, it is a variant...

On 1/3/2022 at 5:51 AM, ScottieACE said:

Well, I never said it should be a packed in. Just was suggesting it would be cool to have. Second, who cares. We are talking about superhero toys.  I think we are being a little too serious if we can't mix it up. And, after watching LOKI, it is a variant...

Makes sense, being Loki related. Plus it would be a fun pack in.

On 1/4/2022 at 2:45 AM, leokearon said:

They could have added Throg. I would have easily bought it.

Oooh a scale Throg ala the Ant-Man / Wasp pack-ins the Retro err.. Ant-Man /Wasp came with.. you know.. the tiny mini figs haha

plus, and I’m stretching my memory here but wasn’t it through Loki’s machinations that Thor was turned into a frog to begin with? Another excellent idea for a small bonus pack - in!

On 1/4/2022 at 10:05 PM, McHogan said:

Oooh a scale Throg ala the Ant-Man / Wasp pack-ins the Retro err.. Ant-Man /Wasp came with.. you know.. the tiny mini figs haha

plus, and I’m stretching my memory here but wasn’t it through Loki’s machinations that Thor was turned into a frog to begin with? Another excellent idea for a small bonus pack - in!

Yeah it was Loki that was responsible for Thor becoming a frog, though he was wearing his Walt Simonson costume.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:00 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

@leokearon Right you are! I’ve had a longing for that one.

447838E6-60DE-4626-9EDA-C73BC72C701A.thumb.jpeg.8e34f3c62107204951676c407ddedec1.jpegC1ACFDA0-6D86-4AE6-8E38-8AD5DD105FDB.thumb.jpeg.cce3ced5425547b3c455e51eb3f5cae2.jpeg

While I personally have no interest in a Throg, I can it would be a popular and fun figure. Why not include it in a Thor wave consisting of:

• Thor (bearded, whirling hammer & lightning effects
  • Beta Ray Bill (classic, and with articulated jaw)
  • Hogun the Grim (mace weapon)
  • Volstagg 
  • Fandral  (sword)
  • Firelord
  • Valkyrie (classic outfit-very shiny paint for all armor parts) , Throg (articulated limbs at least)

BAF: Destroyer

On 1/6/2022 at 3:30 PM, McHogan said:

Everyone catch Throg’s brief cameo in the Disney+ Loki show? It was a blink and you’ll miss it shot of Throg hopping around as the camera zoomed past. Fun moment

19F5E348-C321-43C8-AA51-4A299CDAE980.jpeg

There is even a deleted scene where he beats up Loki. He's even voiced by Chris Hemsworth 

On 1/6/2022 at 4:20 PM, McHogan said:

No kidding?!? I’ll have to check it out

the throg beating up Loki deleted scene was supposed to happen in Episode 1, when Mobius is showing Loki all of his failures. The Scene never was released to be seen.