Marvel Legends Retro Collection Vision (White Version) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Retro Collection Vision (White Version) from Hasbro Toys.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_MCUcollector24_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_MCUcollector24_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_MCUcollector24_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Vision_By_MCUcollector24_04.jpg

The only thing here is that its not semi translucent. Its not an "homage" or whatever this reviewer guy is trying to claim. 

As anyone can tell, the Vision is one of my favorite superheroes, definitely my favorite Avenger. I understood what Byrne was going for when he had him disassembled, but I didn't like it. Still, I wouldn't have a problem with an all white Vision, if they just did it correctly....which they didn't. The original version looked cheap and slapped together...have no idea what they were trying to do with the cape 'cause that thing looks like some kind of deformed spatula. They could've at least given him a decent one this time around but no. And what is with the gray? 

I get that there are "completists" out there, but when even they can tell that the figure is a poor re-do of something (that wasn't worth crap when it first came out), and they buy it anyway, that isn't much better than giving in to scalpers. 

This is a hard pass. Here's to hoping they soon make a correct version- the Vision is too tall to be on the vintage/Sunfire mold. 

I don't really know what to say that Hasbro couldn't get this figure right. It's an all white character with some black lines, how hard is that? Where's his signature diamond insignia on his chest? Why is there gray on him? I get that they're trying to break up the color but come on guys, just do those lines, that's all the break up needed. Also, that cape needs to go in the garbage pile. Its outdated and was crap when they first started using it let alone now. I might have been interested if this were done a little better but as it stands it'll be an easy pass.

This reminds me in a way of how ToyBiz/ Hasbro made Ultron for so many years. Both companies at first tried to overthink Ultron and added bells and whistles or unnecessary extras that resulted in a figure that was Ultron in spirit wasn’t really Ultron.

then lo and behold one fine day they decided “screw it” and FINALLY gave us the basic but beautiful classic design and floored fans with its simple execution.

except in this Vision’s case he is under thought because this figure SHOULD be as simple as can be. But instead of improving the previous version in any way they’ve doubled down on the cheapening out. There are better capes they have access to. There are better bare feet they could have used. Then the grey, instead of invoking texture or shadow, makes him look dirty. Honestly, the only worse attempt at “shading” I’ve seen was the Retro Animated Venom. 

Then the simple lines and chest diamond, literally just lines but their use is minimal or outright absent.

i am a completist, and even with this figures flaws, it’s so much better than the first version. The problem is, neither is a good figure.

im no customizer so I’ll have to live with this version until the unlikely chance that Hasbro revisits this version for a third time. Will be looking for a better white cape to use though, maybe the recent Magneto’s with some alteration?