Jump to content

Marvel Legends - New Vs Old With Bucky Cap Vs Vulcan


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hasbro's Ryan Ting posted up this image featuring the old Marvel Legends Bucky Captain America next to the new X-Men Vulcan figure. Commonly refereed to as the Bucky Cap mold, this had been the first figure to feature what has been for a long time the standard buck used in the line. Vulcan which features a new updated body with their pin-less technology will slowly start to phase out the use of older body used on Bucky Cap.

The Vulcan figure is part of the next X-Men wave which will also include figures of Siryn, Classic Havok, Darwin, Wolverine With Heated Claws, Classic Sabretooth, Maggott and Reever Bonebreaker. Look for that wave to be going up for pre-order soon.

 

Bucky-Cap-Vs-Vulcan.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really liked the Bucky Cap mold. Really when anatomy proportions started getting as realistic as possible. No more ToyBiz era gangly arms and popped out shoulders. Or unnecessary finger articulation. 

This Vulcan buck looks to be the next great step. Thankfully it isn’t too different that the figures using the buck will look out of place next to Bucky Cap bodies. 

Ive asked this question before but haven’t gotten a response. This is for customizes, does the pinless tech make it harder to swap parts or no change? It seems to me that it would be much harder but admittedly, the extent of my customizing is normally head swapping haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes. It’s way harder to mix n match biceps and forearms, thighs and shins/boots than the pinned versions. For arms you have to take the whole arm as is and for legs it’s really difficult since swapping whole legs is a crapshoot because of the differing hip socket sizes. They’re not interchangeable. 
 

Technically, you can cut the internal support pin and swap out at the knee and elbow but you risk locking the joint when you superglue it back and like a lot of pinned molds, the diameter of the internal support pins can be different.  
 

I love the new look of pinless molds but, yeah—a LOT more difficult to customize than the older ones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great information. I figured it would be harder but certainly didn’t realize HOW much more harder it would be. 

Had ideas on how to improve certain figures but lack of know-how and budget prevents me from going all in..

again, thanks for the break down. Always interesting to get a peek on how customizers work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2022 at 11:09 AM, Mjolnir_Customs said:

Yes. It’s way harder to mix n match biceps and forearms, thighs and shins/boots than the pinned versions. For arms you have to take the whole arm as is and for legs it’s really difficult since swapping whole legs is a crapshoot because of the differing hip socket sizes. They’re not interchangeable. 
 

Technically, you can cut the internal support pin and swap out at the knee and elbow but you risk locking the joint when you superglue it back and like a lot of pinned molds, the diameter of the internal support pins can be different.  
 

I love the new look of pinless molds but, yeah—a LOT more difficult to customize than the older ones. 

Have they shown a diagram of this? I assumed they were sort of pinched in place. There is a pin inside somehow?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it’s like the pin system from before except the pin is one with the bicep or forearm—all molded together. Not sure how it’s pulled off in manufacturing. But you can Xacto the pin on the side of the elbow middle piece and heat it up enough to pull it off the cylinder. It’s like the pre-Shriek female elbows (or elBros as we call Hasbro’s single elbows). Supergluing the cylinder back after replacing the forearm with something else is tricky. It’s possible but the joint is not as sturdy after that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean its a cool title and idea but theres no motion, movement to the poses. Everything, mostly is very vanilla and bland. This isnt a diss just advice. Daredevil looks good. Keep realism and personality in mind when it comes to poses. If it has a P.O.A. move it, twist, bend it. Bring the fig to life bro. Keep at doin your thing Bro

16415144100561930081969993829663.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2022 at 3:14 PM, evildead said:

I mean its a cool title and idea but theres no motion, movement to the poses. Everything, mostly is very vanilla and bland. This isnt a diss just advice. Daredevil looks good. Keep realism and personality in mind when it comes to poses. If it has a P.O.A. move it, twist, bend it. Bring the fig to life bro. Keep at doin your thing Bro

16415144100561930081969993829663.jpg

Well put!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks really nice from what I can see. Based on his wider stance than the Bucky Cap figure, it appears he is a fair amount taller, which is great in my opinion. If this is going to be the go-to buck for 'average' figures moving forward, I am encouraged. I can't wait to get some side-by-side and back-to-back comparison pictures of the two. The pinless tech definitely gives the figure a smoother look and the feet look to be a good size larger and therefore more stable, than the Bucky Cap ones. Looking forward to seeing more characters with this buck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good riddance Bucky Cap! It is finally time to make new figures with the highly revered butterfly joints with a new medium body. The next body that needs to be phased out is Pizza Spidey. I do not like the musculature. The new Retro mold is a neat replacement. But we need a skinnier body without the akward definitions of Pizza Spidey..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2022 at 6:34 AM, Hogun said:

Good riddance Bucky Cap! It is finally time to make new figures with the highly revered butterfly joints with a new medium body. The next body that needs to be phased out is Pizza Spidey. I do not like the musculature. The new Retro mold is a neat replacement. But we need a skinnier body without the akward definitions of Pizza Spidey..

Total agreement on sending pizza spidey to the grave. The sooner the better. I'd like them to re-do the Vulture, only this time take that grin off his face. He's a grim, hateful old buzzard, not some laughing loon. An upgrade from the pizza spidey body is in order, and use the same textured feel they did with the alt Blackie Drago head.

I'm glad to see they're moving on from buckycap to newer molds. I really feel that the superarticulated Sunfire/Spider-Man buck is where Legends should be. That mold, in different sizes (its too small for the Vision, the Falcon, and Moon Knight but perfect for Spider-Man, Shang-Chi, etc) and also a female counterpart, is what the line needs now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE