Two Queens Battle For The Throne Of Limbo In New Mutants #25

JayC

This April, Vita Ayala and Rod Reis’ NEW MUTANTS run will bring the heat to the X-Men’s Destiny of X era with a brand-new arc that will see a war ignited between MAGIK and the GOBLIN QUEEN! “THE LABORS OF MAGIK” will kick off in NEW MUTANTS #25, a perfect jumping-on point for the series that is redefining what it means to be the next generation of X-MEN.

They were the central stars of the groundbreaking classic X-Men crossover INFERNO, and now over thirty years later, Illyana Rasputina and Madelyne Pryor are ready to fan the flames once more! Illyana IS the rightful queen of Limbo…but she’s been awfully busy on Krakoa. And now that Maddie’s back in action, she’s determined to sit on the throne that was once promised to her. Who will you bow down to?

To commemorate this highly-anticipated storyline and to celebrate the book’s 25th issue, some of the industry’s leading artists have gloriously depicted the two queens of mutantdom in incredible new variant covers! Check them all out now and choose a side when NEW MUTANTS #25 hits stands in April.

NEW MUTANTS #25
Written by VITA AYALA
Art by ROD REIS
Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Variant Cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
Virgin Variant Cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
Variant Cover by DAN PANOSIAN
Variant Cover by PHILIP TAN
Variant Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ

0NEWMUT2019025_ArtgermVar.jpg

NEWMUT2019025_cov.jpg

NEWMUT2019025_Jimenez-var.jpg

NEWMUT2019025_Panosian-var.jpg

NEWMUT2019025_Tan_Var.jpg

Man am I excited. Was hoping her appearance, death and resurrection in Hellions would lead to this. I get most people don't like the character but Inferno (the original) got me excited for X-Men. Course I didn't start til Wolverine was crucified by the Reavers and Forge and Banshee went looking for the lost X-Men. A lil while after that I started getting back issues and started somewhere before the Outback days and say Maddie develop into the Goblin Queen. So anyways I'm happy she's back and continues from the Hellions finale.

Agree the Original Inferno was a fun event. Though the Avengers were my fav, comic prices back then meant I was literally buying every comic Marvel published every month (including Power Pack & Dakota North). 

Then as you say the books headed into the Outback era, mixed with excellent art by Marc Silvestri and it was a memorable time for sure. 

I drifted away from the XMen ( and eventually collecting monthly comics altogether) but this story stood out for sure