Marvel Legends X-Men Bonebreaker Build-A-Figure Wave Update

JayC

Last month Hasbro during their last live-stream confirmed and gave us our first look at the next Marvel Legends X-Men themed wave which will include figures of Siryn, Classic Havok, Darwin, Wolverine With Heated Claws, Classic Sabretooth, Maggott and Vulcan. The Build-A-Figure for the wave will be Reaver's member Bonebreaker. For those looking to get your hands on this wave, you will want to mark your calender's for January 27, because that is when it should be going up for pre-order everywhere that carries Marvel Legends. I wouldn't be surprised if the wave doesn't start showing up overseas around that time as well. You can check out images from last months live-stream for these figures below.

X-Men-00.jpg

X-Men-01.jpg

X-Men-02.jpg

X-Men-03.jpg

X-Men-04.jpg

X-Men-05.jpg

X-Men-06.jpg

X-Men-07.jpg

X-Men-08.jpg

X-Men-09.jpg

X-Men-10.jpg

X-Men-11.jpg

X-Men-12.jpg

X-Men-13.jpg

X-Men-14.jpg

X-Men-15.jpg

X-Men-16.jpg

Love this wave! Would have rather seen a larger version of Sabretooth (but they have said that is coming), and they certainly could have dodged putting in another Wolverine (or at least put in a more interesting version), but Havok is way better than I could have hoped for, and getting 5 characters that have never been done is pretty amazing!

On 1/11/2022 at 2:30 PM, tarot said:

The year is starting out great with the Retro, Dr Strange and this. But this wave wins so far. 4 brand new characters a 2 classic remakes and the Wolverine. Not to mention a kick ass baf that no one was expecting yet was expecting at the same time

Yeah, until they announced there would be a character without legs, I was fully convinced the BAF would be Blob.  Pretty certain we will probably get him soon, but really happy to get Bonebreaker!

Sabertooth still looks ridiculous. Its baffling why anyone would think this figure is somehow supposed to be his first appearance. But the saving grace (for me) from this wave are Havok and Siryn. Also very interested in the new buck for Vulcan.

I would've thought they'd go for the bell bottoms look for Siryn and used Dazzler as the mold. Very glad they went with soft goods for Siryn's wing panels; I don't see anything else that wouldn't hinder the articulation. Of course, hoping they had the sense to add a sonic screaming head. I know some fans are thinking they wouldn't exclude it, but just remember, they've put out the Falcon TWICE now (as Captain America) without his wings.  BRING ON BANSHEE!

Now we have the classic Havok....and I like the concentric ring effect he comes with. THIS is the kind of thing Legends is capable of, and I so wish they'd do it all the time. Havok looks to me like something someone who knows what the character is all about. Dr. Strange looks like something someone (not a true fan) has a passing knowledge of. 

Never really cared for Bonebreaker, but still, is that not a great idea for a BAF? Love it.

I'm really interested to see how they're going to distribute Bonebreaker's BAF parts. Siryn will most likely get the biggest chunk (females more often than not get the torso). And I'm thinking either Maggott or Sabes will get the head. Wolverine better not get any parts lol

On 1/11/2022 at 2:26 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Love this wave! Would have rather seen a larger version of Sabretooth (but they have said that is coming), and they certainly could have dodged putting in another Wolverine (or at least put in a more interesting version), 

Yea I was hoping the Wolverine-less AOA Wave 2 was a sign of things to come. Alas!

This is a very cool wave. I’ll try to grab Havoc and Wolverine and maybe 4-5 of that skinny big eyed guy for an army builder. Can never have enough unrecognizable henchmen that my Avengers can beat up.

wonder if we can get a classic Korvac out of that Bonebreaker mold?

On 1/11/2022 at 2:56 PM, Atlantis said:

Sabertooth still looks ridiculous. Its baffling why anyone would think this figure is somehow supposed to be his first appearance. But the saving grace (for me) from this wave are Havok and Siryn. Also very interested in the new buck for Vulcan.

I would've thought they'd go for the bell bottoms look for Siryn and used Dazzler as the mold. Very glad they went with soft goods for Siryn's wing panels; I don't see anything else that wouldn't hinder the articulation. Of course, hoping they had the sense to add a sonic screaming head. I know some fans are thinking they wouldn't exclude it, but just remember, they've put out the Falcon TWICE now (as Captain America) without his wings.  BRING ON BANSHEE!

Now we have the classic Havok....and I like the concentric ring effect he comes with. THIS is the kind of thing Legends is capable of, and I so wish they'd do it all the time. Havok looks to me like something someone who knows what the character is all about. Dr. Strange looks like something someone (not a true fan) has a passing knowledge of. 

Never really cared for Bonebreaker, but still, is that not a great idea for a BAF? Love it.

Agree with most of what you had to say, but c'mon, that Doctor Strange is practically perfect (and I am a huge fan)... only thing that could have made it better would have been a detachable cape (but not a problem), and a lighter blue or white on the design on his shirt. But the head sculpts are top notch!  Paul Harding sculpted the head on this Strange and Sabretooth, and he has a really great style. The Sabretooth isn't the version I want most, but the design is actually very accurate to the first appearance in size and design (though the hair color was lighter in the comics). I am interested to see how the final product looks, because Paul Harding's original black and white model for it looked even better.  https://www.instagram.com/p/CXkBRU_LEdH/

I figured the announcement would include news about Siryn's alternate head. I do like characters that aren't in the middle of their power being activated since that limits their use, but for Siryn, an alternate head with her screaming seemed like a no-brainer. I think that's really the only way to do a character like her. Two heads.

Yeah this wave is pretty nice, I'm really only super excited about Siryn and Maggot, but I'm also planning on grabbing Vulcan and Darwin, Wolverine, Sabretooth and Havok are a nope, I'm having a hard time loving this Bonebreaker BAF, it's amazing except that wacko face, like a maniac baby, I also don't really want to buy all of these figures so I can build the BAF, Legends are getting way to expensive in Canada , whole waves are nuts to purchase, I can only do a few a year.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:10 PM, ransomz said:

I figured the announcement would include news about Siryn's alternate head. I do like characters that aren't in the middle of their power being activated since that limits their use, but for Siryn, an alternate head with her screaming seemed like a no-brainer. I think that's really the only way to do a character like her. Two heads.

Feels like Hasbro are going to wait for a rerelease to include an alternate screaming head on Theresa 😔

On 1/11/2022 at 8:33 PM, Nessex said:

Feels like Hasbro are going to wait for a rerelease to include an alternate screaming head on Theresa 😔

Hell of a gamble to bypass purchasing this one in the hopes one comes out with the screaming head... but I totally get ya! I didn't get the Joe Fixit wave because I am convinced they will release a Joe Fixit and Patch 2 pack with both in proper suit colors, and a proper head sculpt for Hulk. 😉

On 1/11/2022 at 8:02 PM, RyanDaly said:

Happy to pick up Sabretooth and Havok from this wave. I wish Havok had the collar thing around his neck, but that's not a deal-breaker. Even Vulcan and Darwin look awesome, though I don't plan on picking them up. I'll have at least two BAF parts to trade away.

Sabretooth is lookin big weird to me still, but I agree on Havok — his design is plenty basic so I wonder why they’d not bother adding that simple neck deco.🤷‍♂️ It would’ve looked truly classic then. 

On 1/11/2022 at 6:02 PM, RyanDaly said:

Happy to pick up Sabretooth and Havok from this wave. I wish Havok had the collar thing around his neck, but that's not a deal-breaker. Even Vulcan and Darwin look awesome, though I don't plan on picking them up. I'll have at least two BAF parts to trade away.

Damn you! Now I can't unsee the missing collar detail!

On 1/12/2022 at 4:34 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Damn you! Now I can't unsee the missing collar detail!

But it's not missing as it's based on the update classic looks from Astonishing X-men version. Still the classic costume but as I always say on my site different artist different interpretation.

703142._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpgclean.jpg6688258-astonishingxmen171.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg4xk8Onm3mG9nBL_UVjn

On 1/11/2022 at 11:35 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Sabretooth is lookin big weird to me still, but I agree on Havok — his design is plenty basic so I wonder why they’d not bother adding that simple neck deco.🤷‍♂️ It would’ve looked truly classic then. 

He did have the collar when he debuted in the 70s (actually '69 I think), but shortly after it was gone and since then the outfit had always been a solid black head-to-toe body suit, "mask" ( I say that because it doesn't hide his identity whatsoever), and elaborate "rings" headdress with the red jewel in the center (Neal Adams must've really liked Mardi Gras). But I can see what you're saying 'cause he even had it when the X-Men were revived in Giant Size X-Men #1; he also wore it in #94...they didn't really start changing the suit until around the 90s.

I'm admittedly a bit torn on this wave.

It has a ton of characters that I want as a completionist; but given that Havok's accessory is being shown and no one else's are, I have to assume that everyone is coming with nil. Which is a bit of a massive bummer for Siryn and Vulcan.

This is a wait and see scenario for me, if the price keeps climbing, but the number of extras decreases (While McFarlane and NECA remain relatively steady at their price-points), then I might end up taking a break from collecting.

On 1/12/2022 at 2:27 PM, Atlantis said:

He did have the collar when he debuted in the 70s (actually '69 I think), but shortly after it was gone and since then the outfit had always been a solid black head-to-toe body suit, "mask" ( I say that because it doesn't hide his identity whatsoever), and elaborate "rings" headdress with the red jewel in the center (Neal Adams must've really liked Mardi Gras). But I can see what you're saying 'cause he even had it when the X-Men were revived in Giant Size X-Men #1; he also wore it in #94...they didn't really start changing the suit until around the 90s.

Ya I guess I’m just use to the collar as I remember him drawn with it more so than not. But it is what it is; still lookin killer if I must say so myself.👍