Marvel Legends X-Men Bonebreaker Build-A-Figure Wave Update

JayC

Im just getting into Legends, I told myself I was just going to get the early 90s Xmen team and thats all I needed. Yeah thats not going so well. That being said, Bonebreaker is a must have for me along with Havok. The Havok from Juggernaught wave was close.....but just not right. This one fits how I remember Havok from comic days. Siryn looks awesome, Sabretooth....will do. I'll be honest. I'll have to google who the other figures are. I'll be buying them for BAF, but there is a good chance I'll sell them off after the BAF is completed. 

On 1/11/2022 at 3:40 PM, Psychosomatic said:

"...that Doctor Strange is practically perfect (and I am a huge fan)... only thing that could have made it better would have been a detachable cape (but not a problem), and a lighter blue or white on the design on his shirt...."

Those are exactly the choices errors  that make me scratch my head when you say "practically perfect". Its a good figure, to be sure. But if hasbro put out a Captain America all light gray vertical stripes except for one red, and glued his shield to his arm, that couldn't be called practically perfect. And neither is this, in light of the fact that we know they know and have done better for Dr. Strange. 

Maybe, maybe I wouldnt be so hard about the demon emblem paint, had they not glued that cloak on like that. Its such an obvious, snide swipe at the fans....and so unnecessary. Because if they made Dr. Strange perfectly this time, and then down the road they make a new one (totally pinless, maybe add a feature where the Eye can be be opened/closed), fans are still gonna buy it. And of course we likely WILL get another classic doctor down the road.

On 1/17/2022 at 11:17 PM, Atlantis said:

Those are exactly the choices errors  that make me scratch my head when you say "practically perfect". Its a good figure, to be sure. But if hasbro put out a Captain America all light gray vertical stripes except for one red, and glued his shield to his arm, that couldn't be called practically perfect. And neither is this, in light of the fact that we know they know and have done better for Dr. Strange. 

Maybe, maybe I wouldnt be so hard about the demon emblem paint, had they not glued that cloak on like that. Its such an obvious, snide swipe at the fans....and so unnecessary. Because if they made Dr. Strange perfectly this time, and then down the road they make a new one (totally pinless, maybe add a feature where the Eye can be be opened/closed), fans are still gonna buy it. And of course we likely WILL get another classic doctor down the road.

Dude you need to let it go. Alot of people don't mind the cape stuck to the figure since they will have him with the cape on it anyway or the miscolored emblem. So if someone says they like it despite that then just let them.

Earlier this month we had told you how it looked like the new Marvel Legends X-Men wave was going to be going up for pre-order this week. This is the wave with Siryn, Classic Havok, Darwin, Wolverine With Heated Claws, Classic Sabretooth, Maggott and Vulcan. The Build-A-Figure for the wave will be Reaver's member Bonebreaker.

Well looks like things have shifted a little on the calendar, possibly due to the recent news of Toy Fair being canceled. Anyway now it looks like that wave will be going up for pre-order everywhere during the second week of February. Right now its not looking like January will see any new Marvel Legends pre-orders. If anything else changes we will be sure to let you know.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:28 PM, tarot said:

Dude you need to let it go. Alot of people don't mind the cape stuck to the figure since they will have him with the cape on it anyway or the miscolored emblem. So if someone says they like it despite that then just let them.

Thank you! It is amazing to see how often people just can't accept an opinion that is different than their own. People say it is bad sculpt or a bad version if it isn't exactly what they want. Gets exhausting. Not bad, just not what you wanted.  

On 1/17/2022 at 3:55 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

I dig that Maggott, I just wish they'd make it look more Madureira. I know I sound like a broken record but he's always been my favorite X artist and so many of these recent figures, especially the AOA waves, just feel kinda....meh...to me personally because I associate those designs so much with his art.

Not a broken record at all! I think many would love figures based on Madureira. I would love figures based on Madureira, Bachalo, and Ramos!

On 1/17/2022 at 2:28 PM, tarot said:

On 1/25/2022 at 6:27 AM, Psychosomatic said:

Thank you! It is amazing to see how often people just can't accept an opinion that is different than their own. People say it is bad sculpt or a bad version if it isn't exactly what they want. Gets exhausting. Not bad, just not what you wanted.  

On 1/17/2022 at 2:55 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

I dig that Maggott, I just wish they'd make it look more Madureira. I know I sound like a broken record but he's always been my favorite X artist and so many of these recent figures, especially the AOA waves, just feel kinda....meh...to me personally because I associate those designs so much with his art.

On 1/25/2022 at 6:29 AM, Psychosomatic said:

Not a broken record at all! I think many would love figures based on Madureira. I would love figures based on Madureira, Bachalo, and Ramos!

Ok, I'd like you to see the inconsistency here. I repeat something, I need to "let it go", but someone else repeats something, and its perfectly fine. Its ok to express preference for an artist's style, it should be ok to express preference for accuracy. Let's play fair, guys.

On 1/25/2022 at 7:18 AM, justanotheruser said:

Greetings!

Does anybody know what accessories Wolverine With Heated Claws will include? Unmasked head? Interchangeable hands?

If someone can help me with said information, I would appreciate it 🙂.

I'd be surprised if he didn't come with "retracted" claws (in other words just plain hands/fists), as the other Wolverines did as well. I don't know about the unmasked head. However I don't have a complete rundown of everything that's added for him either, so I could be wrong.

On 1/25/2022 at 8:14 AM, Atlantis said:

Ok, I'd like you to see the inconsistency here. I repeat something, I need to "let it go", but someone else repeats something, and its perfectly fine. Its ok to express preference for an artist's style, it should be ok to express preference for accuracy. Let's play fair, guys.

Totally hear ya! Let's start with you are passionate about what you like, and so am I (I don't want to argue with a fellow collector). It comes down to a preference vs. a slam. I like the Maggot figure (the buck is perfect, the accessories are fantastic), but OH, I would love it even more if the head resembled a Madureira design. Not pissed at Hasbro about it, not saying it sucks, not saying Hasbro is pulling a fast one just to re-sell it to me later. We are all going to nit-pick to some degree (I didn't like the Quasar head sculpt, I thought the X-Man head/face was too small, Binary could have been on a better buck, Bishop could have been The Last X-Man design), but calling it bad because it isn't my preference is what I try not to do, ya know? 

Out of nowhere-

This month back in 2003, the United States Court of International Trade ruled that the X-Men are not human. 

LOL actually they ruled (Toybiz Inc. vs. United States) that action figures are toys, not dolls (because they represented "nonhuman creatures) which basically cut the tariff rate in half (at the time, taxes were higher on dolls-don't ask me why- and Toybiz wanted to get out of paying the higher tax; judge ruled in their favor, granting them that sweet sweet import tax reimbursement.

Toybiz then thanked the firm of Nelson & Murdock. 

Mutants and the law. Gotta love it.

On 1/25/2022 at 5:58 PM, Atlantis said:

Out of nowhere-

This month back in 2003, the United States Court of International Trade ruled that the X-Men are not human. 

LOL actually they ruled (Toybiz Inc. vs. United States) that action figures are toys, not dolls (because they represented "nonhuman creatures) which basically cut the tariff rate in half (at the time, taxes were higher on dolls-don't ask me why- and Toybiz wanted to get out of paying the higher tax; judge ruled in their favor, granting them that sweet sweet import tax reimbursement.

Toybiz then thanked the firm of Nelson & Murdock. 

Mutants and the law. Gotta love it.

I actually remember that story.

On 1/25/2022 at 9:09 AM, leokearon said:

I actually remember that story.

Do you remember when the ACLU then sued Nelson & Murdock for violating the X-Men's civil rights for arguing that they weren't human beings? I always knew Matt was a racist,@#$%^ who only cared about lining his pockets, never cared about the common man....

Ok before anyone gets UPSET.....I'm JOKING....that NEVER HAPPENED....

Yeah not to sad they pushed the pre-order date back, the more I see this wave the more I'm not even sure how much I care about it other then Siryn, still thinking I'll grab Maggot, maybe Darwin maybe Vulcan, but they are not all that thrilling.

Hasbro today shared images of the packaging art for the upcoming Marvel Legends X-men Bonebreaker BAF wave which was done by David Nakayama. This is the wave with Siryn, Classic Havok, Darwin, Wolverine With Heated Claws, Classic Sabretooth, Maggott and Vulcan. The Build-A-Figure for the wave will be Reaver's member Bonebreaker.

If things don't change again then you can expect these to officially go up for pre-order everywhere next week on February 8th by 1pm ET.

Art-01.jpg

Art-02.jpg

Art-03.jpg

Art-04.jpg

Art-05.jpg

Art-06.jpg

Art-07.jpg