Marvel Legends X-Men Bonebreaker Build-A-Figure Wave Update

JayC

I'm pretty excited for this wave and will likely either pre-order the whole wave, or more likely everyone except Wolverine (assuming he doesn't come with a BAF part for Bonebreaker). To me, the X-Men are still the backbone of Marvel.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:23 PM, Reno said:

I'm pretty excited for this wave and will likely either pre-order the whole wave, or more likely everyone except Wolverine (assuming he doesn't come with a BAF part for Bonebreaker). To me, the X-Men are still the backbone of Marvel.

I never even thought of the possibility that Wolverine might not have a BAF piece! Sure hope that is the case... that Wolverine look isn't one I need for my collection.

I love that this wave has a lot to offer in terms of characters we haven’t ever had, but I sure wouldn’t be mad if we got some classics (Cyclops in his classic costume, Jean/Phoenix, Banshee, Angel, Beast with a non Jim Lee head, Iceman and his ice slide as the BAF). Or ya know, hell with it, just go for a redo of the ToyRUs Classic X-Men set!!!

Art work looks awesome, really good stuff, still only really want Siryn and Maggot, but probably will also get Vulcan and Darwin, Havok, Wolverine and Sabretooth noooot for this guy. Why even do this Wolverine, there are still some outfits they have not done that would be far better then this like Training Suit and Team X (I'd actually buy that), a single packed re-release of Days of the fugure past Logan would be cool, or Fang, but no we get this Wolverine..I don't gather people are too excited for.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:02 PM, Ironspider428 said:

" It is weird that Siryn's artwork has her screaming when her figure has a closed mouth. Maybe they'll include an extra head..."

I would love to assert that they would never make a figure whose main power is sonic screaming without a head that actually, you know, screams. I would love to point at the last Black Bolt figure to use as proof that the screaming head would be included. But this is Legends....and they had no shame in putting out a Falcon (Capt America) with no wings. Still, I really hope they wont cheat Siryn like that.

On 2/1/2022 at 8:04 PM, Atlantis said:

I would love to assert that they would never make a figure whose main power is sonic screaming without a head that actually, you know, screams. I would love to point at the last Black Bolt figure to use as proof that the screaming head would be included. But this is Legends....and they had no shame in putting out a Falcon (Capt America) with no wings. Still, I really hope they wont cheat Siryn like that.

I doubt she'll come with an alternate head sculpt, but if she does, you'd better bet, in true Hasbro fashion, the action (screaming) portrait will come with the neutral (flat) hair just as the neutral portrait comes with the wind swept hair.

In the end I'm betting they're saving that 2nd head sculpt for a future 3 pack which will contain reissues of Siryn and Black Tom with slightly altered color schemes and Banshee who will be the only original figure in another Family Values type theme.

Just you hide and watch.

Wow....there's nothing said there that can't happen. And that's the real awful part of it all. Because we've seen them do it time and again.

I just don't know how much longer I can support a line that's doing these kinds of things. Really sapping the joy out of the whole thing.

Im really excited by this wave!!

I'm seeing possible future characters in other waves to go with this wave

Siryn- Banshee

Vulcan/Darwin - Petra & Sway

Maggot- Marrow & Dr. Reyes

I for one wish they would do more than one wave of X-Men per year! At the very least a BAF wave and a couple of Classics waves. We desperately need a reissue of Dark Phoenix and Cyclops

I'm desperate to complete my Outback Team( Longshot & Psylocke) and get some of the Marauders (Scalphunter, Harpoon, vertigo, Riptide, Prism and shockwave!)

There are also plenty of X-men supporting teams like the STARJAMMERS and Imperial guard.

Probably just Siryn, Havok and Bonebrraker on the secondary market for me.

I have never liked how Professor X was portrayed in the Deadly Genesis miniseries, so Vulcan and Darwin are out. I gave up on X-Men comics before that version of Wolverine  appeared, so I have no connection.  I would have bought that Sabertooth, but the head is just too offputting. At the current cost of these figures, I’ll stick with the Toybiz ML of him.  I don’t love or hate Maggot. I enjoyed Madeireira’s X- Men (and I can’t remember if Maggot was around for Joe Kelly and Steve Seagle’s fun work on X-Men), but neither is enough to make me want the character on my shelf.

Siryn has been needed for a while.  I’ve always thought Havok was an under appreciated character and this outfit really needed up update from the Toy Biz version. Bonebreaker because...we’ll, the  Reavers are an awesome villain team as we need more X-Men villains.

On 2/2/2022 at 4:21 PM, Fetisone said:

Gonna be pissed if Siryn won't come with the screaming head just like the artwork has it!

Was just coming here to post this. 
They mentioned an alternate head for her in an earlier livestream about the wave, but the wording they used made it sound like they were saving it for some other release. 
If they hold out on the screaming head now given the art we're seeing, I suspect there will be many a cross collector. 

On 2/1/2022 at 11:54 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I for one wish they would do more than one wave of X-Men per year! At the very least a BAF wave and a couple of Classics waves. We desperately need a reissue of Dark Phoenix and Cyclops

I'm desperate to complete my Outback Team( Longshot & Psylocke) and get some of the Marauders (Scalphunter, Harpoon, vertigo, Riptide, Prism and shockwave!)

There are also plenty of X-men supporting teams like the STARJAMMERS and Imperial guard.

I agree with all of this, but I'm not familiar with a Shockwave, could you possibly be referring to Archlight? Not to be "That Guy", but I guess I am. It's only cuz Archlight has been one of my personal wants for many years now and I think it could easily be done on the Comic Valkyrie buck. I would also love a Harpoon which I think could be another use for the Wolverine mold (he's short). I think a Scrambler would be cool, but I'm sure they'd just use the same spindly limbed, undersized, short suit mold they use for everything else. Basically, I would love any and all things Mauraders. The originals, not the new Kitty Pryde version.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:28 PM, Psychosomatic said:

I never even thought of the possibility that Wolverine might not have a BAF piece! Sure hope that is the case... that Wolverine look isn't one I need for my collection.

That last Wolverine I recall was the HoX which did not come with a BAF piece. The ones before (Apocalypse and Wendigo off the top of my head) did.