Marvel Legends X-Men Bonebreaker Build-A-Figure Wave Update

JayC

On 2/8/2022 at 3:53 PM, tarot said:

Unless havoc has part under his feet, I think you only need 5 figure for bonebreaker

It looks that way.  Siryn and Darwin have the threads; Maggott the head, Vulcan the torso and arms and Sabretooth has some random bits

The newest X-Men themed wave of Marvel Legends figures from Hasbro are now available for pre-order at our sponsors BigBadToys.com and Entertainment Earth.This is the wave with Siryn, Classic Havok, Darwin, Wolverine With Heated Claws, Classic Sabretooth, Maggott and Vulcan. The Build-A-Figure for the wave will be Reaver's member Bonebreaker.

Check out official images below.

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-01.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-02.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-03.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-04.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-05.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-06.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-07.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-08.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-09.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-10.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-11.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-12.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-13.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-14.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-15.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-16.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-17.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-18.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-19.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-20.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-21.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-22.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-23.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-24.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-25.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-26.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-27.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-28.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-29.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-30.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-31.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-32.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-33.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-34.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-35.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-36.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-37.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-38.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-39.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-40.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-41.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-42.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-43.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-44.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-45.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-46.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-47.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-48.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-49.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-50.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-51.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-52.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-53.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-54.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-55.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-56.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-57.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-58.jpg

X-Men-Bonebreak-Wave-59.jpg

No screaming head for Siryn. This is what I get for giving them the benefit of the doubt. So I guess we really can expect the next version to have passive hair but her expression will be dialed up to 11. 

You can't tell  me this isn't deliberate. And so unnecessary, because YES, we WOULD buy another Siryn in another outfit. 

I don't mean to be negative, but the lack of a screaming head for Siryn and energy effects for Vulcan (you know those cheap ones that they've been using for almost a decade) is pathetic.

In a line with so much re-use, and already ridiculous price increases, they can't even give us the bare minimum.

I want the wave, I do, but the figures just aren't really worth the cost anymore.

On 2/8/2022 at 1:17 PM, Atlantis said:

No screaming head for Siryn. This is what I get for giving them the benefit of the doubt. So I guess we really can expect the next version to have passive hair but her expression will be dialed up to 11. 

You can't tell  me this isn't deliberate.

I wonder if/when we get Banshee, if he ll get the same treatment... XD 😞 

On 2/8/2022 at 9:21 AM, Dabboi said:

"In a line with so much re-use, and already ridiculous price increases, they can't even give us the bare minimum..... want the wave, I do, but the figures just aren't really worth the cost anymore..."

So are they gonna pull this same garbage with Banshee?? I get it, they wanna get more mileage out of Siryn. They could've included a screaming head with this one, and  still do that by doing the same in her bell bottom suit or the X-Men "training" suit. This is NOT worth the cost anymore. We should be celebrating the excellence of Havok and Siryn and the debut of the new body sculpt. Instead we have another  "eff u" to the fans as they sit back, laughing.  

Only getting Havok, I found him on Amazon for $23, so hopefully they don't cancel and hike the price up. It's only a couple dollars, but it makes a difference. Don't care for any of the others, but I need a Havok for the shelf and I want to see if I can use those effects for Shocker. Also it's cool he comes with the barrels, I can definitely find a use for those somewhere.

On 2/8/2022 at 1:21 PM, Dabboi said:

I don't mean to be negative, but the lack of a screaming head for Siryn and energy effects for Vulcan (you know those cheap ones that they've been using for almost a decade) is pathetic.

In a line with so much re-use, and already ridiculous price increases, they can't even give us the bare minimum.

I want the wave, I do, but the figures just aren't really worth the cost anymore.

There's nothing negative about constructive criticism.  Your points are valid and I agree with you.  I was going to get six of the seven.  Now I'm down to two or three.  There's an excellent chance I may sit the wave out entirely now out of apathy.  Well, 80% apathy and 20% spite.

On 2/8/2022 at 1:21 PM, Dabboi said:

"Bare minimum" is an interesting choice of words.

What to you is the bare minimum, and which toy line do you feel is providing the level of accessories and alternate parts in 6" scale for a lower pricepoint than Marvel Legends (or comparable Hasbro lines, even including the recent price increase)?

Because to me "bare minimum" would a single figure with no accessories, BAF bits or alt parts whatsoever.

You can get figures that have tons of alt-parts, FX, and display options in 6" scale...but they run you $80-$100+ at minimum (and often confine themselves largely to movie-based characters).  So that's not a comparable product to Marvel Legends, really.

The cold, hard fact is that prices on the logistics side of things has absolutely skyrocketed in the past two years, and every business is going to be passing those costs on to their customers, not just Hasbro.

On 2/8/2022 at 1:12 PM, Jmacq1 said:

What to you is the bare minimum, and which toy line do you feel is providing the level of accessories and alternate parts in 6" scale for a lower pricepoint than Marvel Legends (or comparable Hasbro lines, even including the recent price increase)?

Because to me "bare minimum" would a single figure with no accessories, BAF bits or alt parts whatsoever.

You can get figures that have tons of alt-parts, FX, and display options in 6" scale...but they run you $80-$100+ at minimum (and often confine themselves largely to movie-based characters).  So that's not a comparable product to Marvel Legends, really.

The cold, hard fact is that prices on the logistics side of things has absolutely skyrocketed in the past two years, and every business is going to be passing those costs on to their customers, not just Hasbro.

McFarlane has said that he isn't going to increase the price of his products...

On 2/8/2022 at 2:12 PM, Jmacq1 said:

McFarlane.

They may come with less accessories, but the detail is way better than on ML and they have unique sculpts, and for cheaper the price.

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse 7" White Knight - Azrael - Walmart.comHasbro Marvel Legends Series 6" Collectible Action Figure MIster SinIster -  Walmart.com

These were the same price, one of the best looking McFarlane figs and one of the best looking Legends.

No accessories for Sinister minus a BAF piece, which was reuse. Painted in four colors, and with some reused parts.

Azrael has a unique sword, with a unique effect, a trading card, and a stand. Immensely better paint work (shading and the like)

McFarlane, to my knowledge, has yet to increase their prices since this release. ML has increased theirs twice just since Sinister released. 

Hasbro has been giving us the bare minimum for awhile now, they're a huge company (in comparison to McFarlane), figures shouldn't be coming with nothing.

Similarly, NECA Ultimates are $5-$10 than Legends now, and look 100x better, have a plethora of accessories, just as many QC issues, better paints apps, etc. On top of the fee NECA has to pay for licensing (so that'd be another couple bucks for the fig), they should be costing $10 or $15 more than they do. Hasbro is falling behind quite a bit, not just the ML team. Star Wars is kind of a joke at this point, and Power Rangers is literally 99% reuse (which is fine for the property) and they still have more accessories than ML. 

Only GI Joe seems to have found the balance between aesthetic, tooling, and accessories.

EDIT: I don't even collect McFarlane figures (too much Batman for my taste), so I'm not shilling for good ole Todd. I'm being objective, the bargain is superior with McFarlane and with NECA.

Edited by Dabboi
Wanted to add a note at the end