Marvel Legends X-Men Bonebreaker Build-A-Figure Wave Update

JayC

Just ordered Siryn, Maggot, Darwin and Vulcan, I already regret the latter two, I feel so underwhelmed with this wave, I dunno sometimes I get so Legends depressed 😔, like do I really even care about this wave other then Siryn, is Siryn even that good, or is it just routine, this wave is kinda bah, honestly I think it's the recent price hike, Hasbro just seeming like they have really slide into the pocket of wanting more money and giving the fans nothing in return, and pulling the here's the character you want tee hee hee but wait, it's missing an arm, better luck next time kids!, Siryn's box has a screaming image, Siryn doesn't come with a screaming head....isn't that false advertising? It's almost like saying this koolaid is blue on the box, and inside it's yellow, I dunno? Wolverine gets 2 heads? at this point I hate seeing Wolverine in a wave so much it actually makes me mad, this is the most what why wolverine outfit as well, not even one people might want, they are just doing more playing of us consumers, Wolverine doesn't even sell well anymore, please tell me the last Wolverine figure that wasn't pegwarming, just stop you are big enough Marvel Legends you don't need an anchor character in every wave, yeah really don't, but the overlords will say otherwise, however every recent wolverine has clogged up pegs.

- peace!

On 2/8/2022 at 2:44 PM, Typhis said:

McFarlane has said that he isn't going to increase the price of his products...

We'll see where McFarlane is next year.  Nevermind that "build a figure" characters for his line were already $22.99 and generally have fewer accessories than Marvel Legends and few or no alternate parts (also a few of his recent figs have ended up looking a lot worse in-person than advertised...looking at you Demon Knights Etrigan (Glad I got him on clearance because McFarlane apparently suddenly decided paint apps and washes weren't a thing on that character.  Also it'd be nice if it was actually a DC line and not just Batman and Friends with an occasional figure that probably is done in a style that may not mesh with the others.  

McFarlane toys are also far more fragile, less articulated, and not in the same scale.  Same with NECA.  

Again, who is giving us more than Hasbro for 6" Superhero figures at the same or lower pricepoint?  I'm not saying Hasbro can't be criticized, just before anyone starts in on that.  It's fine to want things, but do it with an awareness that the folks doing the actual work at Hasbro (not the bean-counters) probably would love nothing more than to give us every single little thing we want...but the real world and the need for a profit margin don't allow for that.

I'd note the HoX Wolverine didn't pegwarm around here at all.  Don't know if I ever saw him on shelves (Moira and Professor X seemed to be the pegwarmers in this neck of the woods).  But I'll grant most of the other ones since the classic tiger-stripe and brown costume versions have lingered, though the last one I saw go to clearance was Old Man Logan.  So they sold...just more slowly than other characters.  That said...I'm happily skipping the Wolvie for this wave.  There's really only two more I'm interested in sans buying for BAF parts if necessary:  Team X and Training Suit.

On 2/8/2022 at 4:50 PM, Inspection12e said:

Links to the amazon listings?

I just preordered Havok but had to search “MARVEL LEGENDS HAVOK BONEBREAKER” Otherwise it kept pulling the Juggernaut version

also... November release date??! Bet we see these guys well before then

I hate the price increase. After buying Vulcan and Havok, until me and my friends see release. I am quitting Legends. Also, what logic did Hasbro go with by not giving us a screaming Siryn head. But use a screaming Siryn in her packaging art? And who asked for Wolverine with heated claws?

Pre ordered all but Wolvie.... I don't need that wolverine in any way. Hot claws? Really? 

im excited for Siryn... but also disappointed that she only comes with a closed mouth head. I assume we will get a variant with a Banshee in a two or three pack down the line?

Im not a fan of the SABERTOOTH head either. Looks a bit goofy. The Toy Biz sculpt version is superior in this instance. 

Vulcan and Darwin....no real connection the to the characters but I like the visual and I hope they complete that team just because.

Maggot!! Whew hoo!! Bring on Marrow and Dr. Reyes!!

On 2/8/2022 at 7:16 PM, Hogun said:

I hate the price increase. After buying Vulcan and Havok, until me and my friends see release. I am quitting Legends. Also, what logic did Hasbro go with by not giving us a screaming Siryn head. But use a screaming Siryn in her packaging art? And who asked for Wolverine with heated claws?

No BAF piece so I don't think it hurts us but it was a bad choice. 

Preordered!  Glad I didn't have to purchase Wolverine.  Totally understand the frustration about the head sculpt on Siryn.  Interested to see what the new Vulcan buck looks like in person (the legs look too long to me, but we'll see). Sabretooth isn't the version I wanted, but it will do for now. Can't believe we are getting Maggot (on the perfect buck too), and the the classic Havok with the new effects looks insanely cool! 

I just didn't understand such a big gap on the releasing dates between BigBadToyStore (august) and Entertaiment Earth (november)... as the price increased, at least I have more time to save some money until there... And, although all the issues those figures have, this is my most wanted Legends wave of the year so far!!

True to form, I ordered all the new, never had a figure done in MLs before: Vulcan, Siryn, Maggott and Darwin. I also grabbed Havok because its the first time Hasbro has done his classic look, which I prefer for most characters. And now I'll have all the Summers brothers. Four new characters and a baf thats new, not bad for a Hasbro wave.

On 2/8/2022 at 3:16 PM, Hogun said:

Deliberately withholding the sonic scream power head for a sonic scream figure was a ploy. Grudgingly buy this one now, and down the road buy the correct one later. They are counting on collectors not being able to have the sense to just not spend the money. They know we know what they're doing, but they don't care, because too many have bought these, and defended them. The figure is otherwise great isn't it? Thats just what they did with Dr. Strange, gluing the cape on, painting the emblem wrong, all the while knowing that at some point down the road the "real" classic,  classic Strange will be presented. Likely cost more too.  Yeah, quitting legends about makes sense at this point. They're just pushing us away from the line.

On 2/8/2022 at 10:45 AM, EraserMachine said:

Yeah not paying $25-26 plus tax and shipping for Legends. The wave is up now on Amazon and Target for $22.99. Sold out currently on Target though. 

Target did state that the preorders were sold out but I think it was because it was before the 11am drop time. I checked back again a little after and the whole wave was available for preorder (and still is as of right now).

On 2/7/2022 at 7:36 PM, Atlantis said:

Stuns me that some are actually calling this classic/first appearance Sabertooth. I don't know who this is but he aint Sabertooth.

Yesssss, say it right! I've been going through all the past issues with Sabretooth and I just can't find what they based this look on. I first thought it was the Uncanny X-Men where he fought Psylocke but no, that was a distinct Alan Davis style with a much rounder face and white pupils. Then I went all the way back to Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man where he fought, and got his ayass handed to him by Black Cat and still no. There is literally no art on the Interwebs that show him with this look. It's just so odd. Never been a fan of Iron Fist, but I suppose this could be a look from that comic book, but it ain't from his First Appearance in #14.

Bonebreaker’s gonna be it for me.  
Havok moved from yes to maybe. Just don’t really care for him without the collar and don’t really like that his headband thingies are grey.
Everyone else is an easy no.

I must say though .. still wonder wth they were thinking with Sabretooth. As one of the most wanted updates I’ve been eagerly waiting for, this is pretty frustrating. And then they want to pretend it’s classic/FA like…wwwwhat???** 🤨 Get outta here.

On 2/9/2022 at 1:58 PM, dante6985 said:

The cheapest way to go about getting these figures is Target.

Buy them on Target.com (currently 22.99 and WON'T raise price).

If you're a Target redcard member you get 5% off.

So all 7 were roughly $160 including tax for me.

I was just about to put this out there. I was only able to find Darwin, Havok, Vulcan and Sabretooth yesterday when they went up for pre-order yesterday, but I was able to purchase them at $22.99. Today Wolverine, Maggott and Siryn went but they listed at $24.89. I purchased them just in case and set off to find a better price. I was able to find them all at Target for $22.99 (with free shipping) so I cancelled my Amazon order. I've had Amazon give me a credit when a product is found cheaper elsewhere, but I didn't want to take the chance, and I was sure to list my reasoning that I found it cheaper at Target. It's not that I saved all that much by ordering from Target, but I think it's important to let Hasbro and the carriers of their product that the price increases are not being well received by the customers, especially while companies like McFarlane and Jazzwares are able to do a similar quality product without such a price increase.

On 2/9/2022 at 7:29 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

".....Havok moved from yes to maybe. Just don’t really care for him without the collar and don’t really like that his headband thingies are grey....Everyone else is an easy no"

AHHHH DAMMIT.....I never noticed that those rings are grey, not white. Now that you've said it I can't unsee it. 

This looked like the ONE figure they got right that I liked....and now....

On 2/9/2022 at 3:10 PM, Atlantis said:

AHHHH DAMMIT.....I never noticed that those rings are grey, not white. Now that you've said it I can't unsee it. 

Kind of bugs me now too. But this probably gives Hasbro a way to rerelease him, with a painted white rings collar and for his headpiece to also be white, as a vintage wave figure.

On 2/9/2022 at 2:56 PM, Satam said:

It's been Amazon's policy for a couple years now to no longer do that.

Yeah, I know they stopped "price matching" some time ago, but I've noticed that they started doing this thing where once a product has been out for a bit and they get the feel of the pricing market, internally they bring their own prices down to match or beat the overall average and they have credited me, most recently with the Bring on the Bad Guys wave and the Croc Master and Spirit pre-orders from G.I. Joe Classified. Sometimes it's mere pennies, but it's something. Also to their credit, I've never had them up charge me when a product has a similar price increase. I just think right now it's time to let them know and let Hasbro know they are in severe danger of souring the consumer with these back to back price increases. I just find it a convenient coincidence that this second price increase came only a month after the new boss took the reigns at Hasbro. Makes one wonder if the increase serves only to line their own pockets. Who knows, maybe Target's prices were simply a mistake, but we gotta take our shots where we can.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:10 PM, Atlantis said:

Ha I noticed on preorder day & couldn’t help but laugh and think “of course..”