Cool Marvel Legends Retro Mock-Ups - Which Ones Would You Like To See Become Reality?

JayC

Over on Instagram that_fig_life has been putting together some rather impressive looking Marvel Legends Retro cardback mock-up images. Now all of this is for fun and not meant to suggest in any way actual figures Hasbro will be doing, but it does gives us a nice idea of what they might look like if or when Hasbro decides to do some of these guys as actual Marvel Legends figures. Check out the images below and let us know which ones you would like to see become a reality in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Mock-Ups 0.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Mock-Ups 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Mock-Ups 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Mock-Ups 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Mock-Ups 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Mock-Ups 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Mock-Ups.jpg

Definitely Moondragon, though I'd prefer the headband to be removable -- as she didn't wear it that often during her Avengers tenure, if I'm recalling correctly. But, bravo!

I'd like to see her in a wave with Monica Rambeau in her classic Avengers look & a Defenders-era original Valkyrie -- and maybe a new Wasp in her red and gold outfit with the cowl neck. Lady Liberators for the win! Also Crystal, a new classic Medusa & their Inhuman cousins. Would a Lockjaw with li'l Luna pack-in be too much to ask? Oh, and Bova, please!

Did I miss the part where everyone was invited to offer their critique of the customizer's skills?  🙄  I'm sure all of those offering opinions are at the ready to supply images of their obviously superior personal work. Good grief.

These are great and a lot of fun!! Nice work! I'd probably buy all of them except maybe Chameleon. If I had to rank them in the order that I'd personally most want these versions in my own collection:

1) Marrow, 2) Moondragon, 3) Carrion, 4) Judas Traveller, 5) Mephisto, 6) Werewolf by Night, 7) Chameleon

None?  Mephisto has been requested for years.   No one wants to see him looking silly, happy, etc.  I've seen a lot of custom figures and these are all kind of 'bad'.  😞  

EDIT:  Also, everyone (including Hasbro, etc.) should be following the 2/3 rule;  If the characters is brooding versus happy, etc. in the comics, the default expression should match that.  Imagine a smiling Galactus...

On 1/15/2022 at 1:45 PM, tarot said:

I would get everything but the chameleon. I don't know why people want this inaccurate and mute version of him.

Some of us have strong nostalgia for the animated series- I would gladly buy figures of any of the villains in their looks specific to that series- Chameleon, Doc Ock, Morbius, and Vulture being the ones I'd want most. Personally, I would, eventually, like every unique look for every halfway-prominent character. Silver Age ones (Like Doc Ock in the purple outfit, and Chameleon in the smoking jacket) would be high on my list. 

Pretty cool to see the work put into these, I'd buy them all except Judas Traveller (eh since he is a totally new character though I'd probably just buy it), never really cared about that guy, also the chameleon isn't my personal choice of look, I'd rather a comic version, but I'd buy that as a stand in, also Mephisto and Carrion have weird faces, wouldn't want those faces, I'd probably prefer a less movie monster inspired Werewolf by night, The standouts here are the two Ladies Marrow and Moon-D, those look the top notches out of them all.

I just checked out his Insta and dude has tons of cool mock ups like this, very neat.

I’d be all over a Werewolf, MoonDragon and Mephisto. Very cool mock ups. 

The pic of Mephisto loaded before the text and I about $#!+ myself haha.. Couldn’t believe they finally made him.. then the text came in. Boo !! Ah well, some day I’m sure we’ll get all of these. Hasbro has been doing some deep dives on some obscure Marvel characters.

On 1/15/2022 at 1:05 PM, Maximoffed said:

Did I miss the part where everyone was invited to offer their critique of the customizer's skills?  🙄  I'm sure all of those offering opinions are at the ready to supply images of their obviously superior personal work. Good grief.

These aren't customs, they are photo manipulated mock ups. I think most here are just mentioning which characters they would want and not want of whats shown. As well as what this posters body mold choices, etc. 

Personally Id love a Marrow and yeah id love a chameleon in that costume.