Cool Marvel Legends Retro Mock-Ups - Which Ones Would You Like To See Become Reality?

JayC

Mephisto is a decade past due along with other Characters like Werewolf by Night , Moon Dragon , Daken , Banshee , Nightmare , Blackout , Red Suited Dracula Lord of the Vampires , FrankenCastle , Superior Spiderman I can go on an on

and wish they can redo Wendigo , Mr Hyde , & The Watcher .... Those three were a major disappointment they needed a better detail & artwork on The Watcher especially Mr Hyde the classic version with a better more articulate body

mold (not the kingpin one) would have been revolutionary !!! the Sleepwalker fig is a joke using the bucky cap mold . Since they put superior detail and artwork as well is much improved body mold  in figs like ML The Thing , Dr Doom , BAF

Apocalypse , 80th yr anniversary of Cap , and Thor etc they should do the same with all the rest 

Honestly? Give me all of them.  I have my nitpicks and changes for Mephisto, Moondragon, and Werewolf By Night, but I'd gladly take these as is, and fill in the spots in the collection.  The only one I might pass on is Chameleon, since I don't need an animated one specifically.  

Mephisto, Moondragon, Werewolf by Night. Great choices and nice renditions.  Of course there would need to be some changes here to make me buy those. 

Most notably, Moondragon. Her costume is almost perfect (they even got the pointed boots) but they would need to drop those large clasps on her cape. She never wore those on her classic outfit so I'm not even sure why they were on the rendition (she's not Martian Manhunter). The headband is ok but again, that's not her "classic" look.

The biggest thing about her is that she is tall (6'3") and a bit bustier than the rendition so basically, they need a new mold for her (I suppose the SHe-Hulk would work, modified a bit, but she's supposed to be 6'7" so maybe not). But that's ok because they need newer bucks for their female figures anyway. I don't know if Legends would get to that kind of fine detail as far as height goes...Valkyrie (who also needs an updated classic figure) is also 6'3" but Thundra is 7". Namora (and who knows if they'll ever make her) is 5'11". I get the feeling that hasbro would just put all of those on the She-Hulk mold. 

WBN looks a bit off here in the rendition; I think its the darker nose which gives me Lon Chaney vibes. Still, its good, and I think the figure would be great with a darker wash, and also an alt updated head (that could also be used for a Man-Wolf). I'm glad they went with the Jack Russell werewolf. 

Those rendition presentations really wanna make you buy em dont they!

Love that they are doing a Carrion figure from Maximum Carnage. 

I'm not interested in the rest. The Mephisto figure is pretty bad, especially considering that the Marvel Select version is sooo good. All they need to do is take that mold and add some more articulation and package it with his throne and you have a perfect figure. Unfortunately that's not what we're getting and the coloring is off on the figure.

Everyone keeps talking about "bucks," such a cheap way to make toys. While it works for many figures, it would really be sad if they went ahead with a "buck" for Mephisto.

On 1/21/2022 at 2:53 PM, Flounnderr said:

I'm not interested in the rest. The Mephisto figure is pretty bad, especially considering that the Marvel Select version is sooo good. All they need to do is take that mold and add some more articulation and package it with his throne and you have a perfect figure. Unfortunately that's not what we're getting and the coloring is off on the figure.

Everyone keeps talking about "bucks," such a cheap way to make toys. While it works for many figures, it would really be sad if they went ahead with a "buck" for Mephisto.

These are fake mate.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:53 AM, Flounnderr said:

Not only are these fan mock ups but they are just what that fan had to work with and what they preferred to utilize.

Bucks are not exclusive to just hasbro and marvel legends brand. Its the best way to reuse expensive assets to make multiple characters and has been a part of the toy industry for multiple decades. Its nothing new. 

On 1/26/2022 at 11:58 AM, Flounnderr said:

I didn't understand that this was "fan art," why is this even a topic here?

From JC, the originator of the topic: "Now all of this is for fun and not meant to suggest in any way actual figures Hasbro will be doing, but it does gives us a nice idea of what they might look like if or when Hasbro decides to do some of these guys as actual Marvel Legends figures."

The brother couldn't have been any clearer about it.