Moon Knight Teaser Trailer; Full Trailer Arrives Monday

Outsiders

If you think about it, this will be the first series that is an entirely new character for the MCU. Everything else has been based on characters that have already been in the movie or other D+ series. This is the first time they are doing a character that people aren't aware of so they will probably be seeing if the series is successful or not.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:31 PM, tarot said:

If you think about it, this will be the first series that is an entirely new character for the MCU. Everything else has been based on characters that have already been in the movie or other D+ series. This is the first time they are doing a character that people aren't aware of so they will probably be seeing if the series is successful or not.

That's true. So far it is generating a lot of buzz online so there is plenty of interest

On 1/18/2022 at 6:51 PM, Air-Walker said:

That was doooope!!! But oh man I need to hurry and track down the Walgreens MK before he goes North of 100$ lol! (Hasbro....now would be a good time to re-release that figure......as a WIDE RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you follow the partern of the previous show, expect some version of him on the retro card. I'm thinking the west coast avengers one to match Scarlet Witch and Vision.

I really have the highest hopes, but also the greatest reservations for this show.  For me anyways, this is a character I've been dying to see done and some of the apparent changes in the trailer are a bit worrisome.  The suit, just doesn't do it for me, too much of an on-the-nose Egyptian theme.  The changes to the persona that I'm assuming is Steven Grant and the lack of MK's usual foes doesn't help much.  Not to mention that it's fun to go down the psychological road with the character, but depending on how they do it, how far they go, and how much of the character's core they still salvage will either make this show the best yet, or absolutely ruin the character going forward.  Furthermore, the trailer doesn't do anything to win me over on Oscar Isaac either.  Despite all the nitpicks, I do hope it's good, even fantastic, but they haven't shown me enough yet to get me hyped out of my mind, like I want to be over one of my favorite characters.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:41 PM, greenlucario said:

"...I really have the highest hopes, but also the greatest reservations for this show.  For me anyways, this is a character I've been dying to see done and some of the apparent changes in the trailer are a bit worrisome.  The suit, just doesn't do it for me, too much of an on-the-nose Egyptian theme....."

I like the suit but agree that it is a bit too much on the nose. Hopefully, what we see in the trailer here is not the only suit he gets. I did get a bit of a DC Ragman vibe, but not overwhelmingly so. Also, hope they don't make him full-on out of control insane, and that it turns out the suit is a figment of a disturbed mind, and is in reality his straitjacket...

On 1/26/2022 at 1:31 AM, Atlantis said:

I like the suit but agree that it is a bit too much on the nose. Hopefully, what we see in the trailer here is not the only suit he gets. I did get a bit of a DC Ragman vibe, but not overwhelmingly so. Also, hope they don't make him full-on out of control insane, and that it turns out the suit is a figment of a disturbed mind, and is in reality his straitjacket...

Yeah, I just can't take a full on Lemire or Bemis inspired take on the character.  Not when there are much better runs to pull from.  It's a fine line between taking the DID and other psychological problems too far and providing that intriguing element to the character.  

• 3 weeks later...
Shown below via Empire Magazine are some new images from the upcoming Disney+ Moon Knight series which will premier on the streaming service staring on March 30th. With the images we see Moon Knight (Oscar Isaac) will be sporting several different looks in the series based on versions from the comics. On the magazine cover image we see the more traditional look of the character and then for the first time we are seeing one of the more modern looks for the character from the comics.

We have seen indications there will be a Disney+ Moon Knight Marvel Legends figure released in the next Disney+ themed wave coming later this year, but now we have to wonder which version the figure will be based on.

Empire-Moon-Knight-01.jpg

Empire-Moon-Knight-02.jpg

On 2/12/2022 at 12:21 PM, leokearon said:

Still surprised we haven't gotten a suited Moon Knight given it would be an easy retool.

Guaranteed hes coming with this show coming out. I was always expecting it since they essentially have the mold and very very minor retweaking already established parts. He is probably an exclusive or in a multipack. But the real question is which will come first, D+ version or comic? 

Check out the newly-released official Super Bowl trailer for the new MCU streaming series "Moon Knight," starring Oscar Isaac as Marc Spector, a former U.S. Marine, CIA trained mercenary with a dissociative identity disorder who, after a near-death experience, becomes the conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu.

The story follows Steven Grant, a mild-mannered gift-shop employee, who becomes plagued with blackouts and memories of another life. Steven discovers he has dissociative identity disorder and shares a body with mercenary Marc Spector. As Steven/Marc's enemies converge upon them, they must navigate their complex identities while thrust into a deadly mystery among the powerful gods of Egypt.

"Moon Knight" is set to premiere on March 30th, only on the streaming service Disney Plus.