New Spider-Man 60th Anniversary And Black Panther Marvel Legends Listings Leak Online

JayC

I am very interested in the Knull 2 pack. Kind of glad hes not a BAF. I wonder what Venom they will give us. Hopefully one thats not just a rehash. If they gave us the animated series version with a new head and paint, Id be very happy. Im also interested in retro lizard, hopefully he wont be hard af to grab. Also hoping that animated spiderman is using that new retro buck as I missed out on him. Iron Spider is definitely on the list to grab, he looks awesome! Im very interested to see if comic black panther is using a new body mold or just another rehash from the last versions theyve made. If I d to guess, it will be using the retro spidey buck. Very fun new additions coming and im pretty excited to see how they come out. 

I liked Holland but he should've been Peter 3, not the other way around jk

Anyways no interest in any of these. I actually had to google Spineret. I've seen the J Scott Campbell cover with her and I guess Spiderling (?) 🥴 but I thought that was just JSC making stuff up for a cover, I didn't know that was canon.

Wow they're turning everyone into Spider people. No wonder Sony wanted to make an Aunt May spin off all those years ago.

Ok maybe if they came out with a Tobey figure and if it looks good, I might pick that one up.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:10 PM, McHogan said:

".....Wakanda Forever idea feel like a huge mistake on the level of Eternals...." 

"Arguably one of Eternals biggest drawbacks was the overall lack of character recognition...." 

"... T’Challa ...needs to be recast......Handing the franchise off hoping supporting characters can repeat the billion $$ plus that the first film did with background characters seems a risk..."

On all points, agree, agree. My initial thoughts on an Eternals movie were why pick this when they had other properties that were much more viable for movies. However my criticisms were solely aimed at the figures (which for the most part pegwarmed to the surprise of absolutely no one). Having now seen the movie, though, its clear the entire idea was flawed on every aspect. I would hate to see the Black Panther go down that path, but if the studios persist, I fear that's what's going to happen. And this notion that he can't be recast is beyond ridiculous. If "so much of T’Challa in the MCU on the screen – not in comics – is tied to Chadwick" (quoting Nate Moore, BP producer) then by that so-called logic, Wakanda is too. So their premise is let's do a 2hr sequel to the Black Panther without the Black Panther. Would there be pressure on a new actor to fill the role? Sure. But that pressure will be there on the remaining supporting cast to try to carry this movie, too. I'd much rather they never do a sequel than to set them all up for failure.

On 1/17/2022 at 6:15 PM, QuickshiftX said:

I think I'm more excited about Peni and Sp//dr. Im surprised at how much I really really enjoyed Into the Spiderverse. Really surprised that all characters from that film havent been put out yet. 

Not being a Miles fan at all I was surprised how much fun Into the Spider-Verse was and how much I enjoyed the film. 

Though in truth some of the animated designs, Kingpin in particular, would be tough to translate into plastic form. 

On 1/17/2022 at 5:19 PM, Atlantis said:

On all points, agree, agree. My initial thoughts on an Eternals movie were why pick this when they had other properties that were much more viable for movies. However my criticisms were solely aimed at the figures (which for the most part pegwarmed to the surprise of absolutely no one). Having now seen the movie, though, its clear the entire idea was flawed on every aspect. I would hate to see the Black Panther go down that path, but if the studios persist, I fear that's what's going to happen. And this notion that he can't be recast is beyond ridiculous. If "so much of T’Challa in the MCU on the screen – not in comics – is tied to Chadwick" (quoting Nate Moore, BP producer) then by that so-called logic, Wakanda is too. So their premise is let's do a 2hr sequel to the Black Panther without the Black Panther. Would there be pressure on a new actor to fill the role? Sure. But that pressure will be there on the remaining supporting cast to try to carry this movie, too. I'd much rather they never do a sequel than to set them all up for failure.

Yep this exactly. I’m sure Roger Moore felt great pressure taking over for the Great, and first actor to play James Bond, Sean Connery. 

Was Moore as successful as Connery in the role? Depends on who you ask. Moore gave fans a different take on Bond that became something fun and thrilling in its own right. It was just different than what Connery gave us. 

Im 1000% certain Robert Downey Jr. won’t be the last actor to bring Tony Stark to the big screen. It may take quite a few years but you’re not telling me Iron Man/ Tony will never grace theaters again. And one can argue that so much of Tony in the MCU is tied to Downey Jr as much as T’Challa is with Chadwick.

Disney knows how to make money and as soon as they can bring a Iron Man back they will. Imagine the pressure the NEXT actor to play Tony will feel. 

I don’t know, Disney was untouchable until Eternals and you’d think even with good intentions they’d not want to take the kind of risk that they look like they are heading into. 

Black Panther, and I mean T’Challa, needs to be in this franchise. There is a reason that he has been  popular character since the 60’s and the rest have been supporting cast. 

On 1/17/2022 at 4:27 PM, McHogan said:

"Yep this exactly. I’m sure Roger Moore felt great pressure taking over for the Great, and first actor to play James Bond, Sean Connery.... Im 1000% certain Robert Downey Jr. won’t be the last actor to bring Tony Stark to the big screen....one can argue that so much of Tony in the MCU is tied to Downey Jr as much as T’Challa is with Chadwick.....Black Panther, and I mean T’Challa, needs to be in this franchise. There is a reason that he has been  popular character since the 60’s and the rest have been supporting cast...."

There's a kind of bizarre mindset out there that a few people have, who cannot seem to distinguish the actor from the character. A different actor plays a character, and suddenly we've got people coming up the most ridiculous theories and conspiracies to explain it. James Bond, they say, is not one person, its actually a cover persona different agents adopt along with the 007 license. LOL. No, put the crack pipe down...Bond is a character, and different actors will play him as circumstances dictate. Spider-Man is a character. Superman is a character. They're not separate beings attached to one or another actor. The Black Panther has a rich, important part of the Marvel mythos and there are any number of actors who can portray him perfectly.  

On 1/18/2022 at 2:10 PM, memocromatico said:

I love civilian characters, I hope that Ned is truly happening and is followed by May soon. 

I’ve been loving the supporting characters we’ve gotten like MJ, Luis, etc.. glad to get Ned as well.

but surely, the Peter in this Ned & Peter will be somehow Super’ed up right? A masked alternate head? Could Hasbro truly release a “high school dorks” 2 pack? If so, this sets a new precedence. Jump on this set fans, the MJ/ School coat Spidey Set is hard to come by on the cheap today. 

either way, glad to add a few more MCU figures to my collection 

On 1/18/2022 at 4:01 PM, McHogan said:

I’ve been loving the supporting characters we’ve gotten like MJ, Luis, etc.. glad to get Ned as well.

but surely, the Peter in this Ned & Peter will be somehow Super’ed up right? A masked alternate head? Could Hasbro truly release a “high school dorks” 2 pack? If so, this sets a new precedence. Jump on this set fans, the MJ/ School coat Spidey Set is hard to come by on the cheap today. 

Can you imagine? Them coming with the Lego Death Star? 

On 1/18/2022 at 4:07 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Would like Hasbro to come out with a comic Aunt may and have her come with a second civilian Destiny head. Or if that's too much, just a pair of sunglasses.

mystiquedestiny.jpeg

Would be cooler if they included a head with a frightened expression. These smiles do nothing for me in the way that I’d like to display them. 

On 1/18/2022 at 5:01 PM, McHogan said:

Oh best believe I think this is the direction this pack will go in, it probably will have a spider-man masked head, which can probably fit on both Ned and Peter, but I will take a swing at saying it's just the two kids as high school dorks, people want that, they have been asking for it. I personally think hey cool, my wallet thanks you.

On 1/16/2022 at 3:44 PM, tarot said:

Beside the re-release the black panther figure mention is a comic book figure. This is because there is no mcu tchalla in the line so they had to include him in some form in his own wave 

Yeah I got that he was a comic version, I'm happy with that, and hoping we get an update of the classic Walmart Exclusive figure with a new buck, I want that, sounds very sweet.

taking this totally off topic, the idea of not having a black panther in a movie wave for black panther makes me scared, so no re-casting, is he just going to be dead, is Shuri BP now....I don't know maybe Marvel studios should have chilled on a 2nd movie if they didn't want to re-cast T'challa, I know chadwick was so essential to the whole thing, his depiction of BP was amazing, but to just continue this movie franchise without T'challa seems like a bold move.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:59 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"...the idea of not having a black panther in a movie wave for black panther makes me scared, so no re-casting, is he just going to be dead, is Shuri BP now....but to just continue this movie franchise without T'challa seems like a bold move...."

But isn't there a point though, where bold becomes foolhardy? I fear that if they persist with this, not only will the project fail, it'll taint the great work done before it. Besides with the covid problems they've already had shutting down stuff, and all the other reasons not to do this, I'm fine with them waiting a year or even two, do a sequel with a new actor playing T'Challa, and just get on with it. 

On 1/20/2022 at 5:59 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I got that he was a comic version, I'm happy with that, and hoping we get an update of the classic Walmart Exclusive figure with a new buck, I want that, sounds very sweet.

taking this totally off topic, the idea of not having a black panther in a movie wave for black panther makes me scared, so no re-casting, is he just going to be dead, is Shuri BP now....I don't know maybe Marvel studios should have chilled on a 2nd movie if they didn't want to re-cast T'challa, I know chadwick was so essential to the whole thing, his depiction of BP was amazing, but to just continue this movie franchise without T'challa seems like a bold move.

The Black Panther is a legacy, passed on from one ruler to the next, so if they are going to kill off T'challa because of Chadwick Boseman's passing then Shuri would be the next Black Panther. 

Back on topic, I really hope the new comic Panther is based on T'Challa's look from the early 2000's

Black-Panther-Marvel-Comics-Tchalla-Prie

On 1/20/2022 at 2:12 AM, Atlantis said:

But isn't there a point though, where bold becomes foolhardy? I fear that if they persist with this, not only will the project fail, it'll taint the great work done before it. Besides with the covid problems they've already had shutting down stuff, and all the other reasons not to do this, I'm fine with them waiting a year or even two, do a sequel with a new actor playing T'Challa, and just get on with it. 

I agree with you, I am having a hard time understanding Marvel Studios logic to move so quickly forward with a movie that really needs more time on the drawing board, I think they would have been making a good decision to keep Black Panther 2 on the backburner, Chadwick just passed, and return to the idea of it in some time, with a new actor taking on the role, but not skipping a beat from the last place T'challa's story left off, it seems like a dangerous move making Shuri Black Panther so soon, I think she is a good BP in the comics, but will her character translate well as the new BP, no I don't feel so, it would be too soon, she has not developed enough in the movies. I think its pretty distasteful to be just pumping out a new Black Panther movie for the sake of the dollar bills, which is why they are.

On 1/20/2022 at 2:55 AM, leokearon said:

The Black Panther is a legacy, passed on from one ruler to the next, so if they are going to kill off T'challa because of Chadwick Boseman's passing then Shuri would be the next Black Panther. 

Back on topic, I really hope the new comic Panther is based on T'Challa's look from the early 2000's

Black-Panther-Marvel-Comics-Tchalla-Prie

Yeah I know and Shuri is next in line, and I actually am a big fan of her as BP in the comics, I enjoyed those books, she brought a different twist, but this MCU version of her isn't ready to be BP yet, or as cool as the comic iteration

but Back on topic, yeah I wouldn't be upset if that was the Black Panther we got, but I would prefer an updated Classic one.