Marvel Legends Artist Series.

AnotherPunkChef

Just something I think would be interesting. If Hasbro decided to do waves of Legends based on specific artists, who would you wanna see represented in the line? For me.

Joe Madureira X-Men 

Quesada Daredevil

Women of Marvel by Adam Hughs

Women of Marvel by Frank Cho (lulz)

and of course a Kirby/Ditko "First Appearance" wave!

On 1/17/2022 at 4:01 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

Just something I think would be interesting. If Hasbro decided to do waves of Legends based on specific artists, who would you wanna see represented in the line? For me.

Joe Madureira X-Men 

Quesada Daredevil

Women of Marvel by Adam Hughs

Women of Marvel by Frank Cho (lulz)

and of course a Kirby/Ditko "First Appearance" wave!

I just want a Shi'ar (pink) costumed Joe Mad! Rogue.

Or any J. Scott Campbell Marvel Legends.

This would be a big “nope” from me. DC did this and while the figures looked nice standing next to other figures from a particular artists style, standing next to a different artist’s figures it looked like a different line completely. 

I want symmetry in my collection not a group of figures that are under the Marvel banner but look like a mish  mash of styles. 

this is why I’m not a fan of the animated style of the Into the Spider-Verse or What If? figures. They just don’t quite fit in with 98% of my Legends collection.

to be honest, the sculpter (s) responsible for the upcoming Dr. Strange and the ToyBiz homage figures is pushing my sensibilities a little as well. Don’t get me wrong, all four look amazing but their unique head sculpts look like a sub line. Like..maybe they are a little tooo sculpted. 

So no.. keep Legends in the same style. Give us all the artist specific COSTUMES but keep the symmetry we’ve gotten

be tough to make a team that looks so differently like below:

I like the idea, and understand the arguments against it. If it was Joe Madureira X-Men I'd be all over it. If it was Mike Allred X-Force I would not.

I think there are some clear examples of figures bearing a distinct resemblance to a specific artist's work. My favorite Wolverine is the Toy-biz one, bendy claws and all, because the masked face looks so much like John Byrne. The newer Hasbro Wolverine's mask ears sweep back in a way that looks weird.

The Toy-biz Nightcrawler looks like Alan Davis' version from his early Excalibur days. I like the weird chin.

The Hasbro Beast is obviously in the style of Jim Lee.

Way back in the day the Marvel's Most Wanted X-Man was very Steve Skroce inspired.

Hasbro's Patch hearkens back to the early issues of Wolverine's second series with the talk curly points in his hair.

Maybe this isn't what some have in mind, but I think they have been able to pull off some good homages without having them stick out like sore thumbs.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:44 AM, SpiderS said:

I would go with more select on figure basis as an exclusive type of deal, like Spidey and Doctor Strange by Ditko two pack, Jim Lee Wolverine and Psylocke.  Jack Kirby Thor and Cap. Although we can argue Toybiz made Spider-Man in ditko style and Hasbro made very Kirby looking first appearance Cap. 

This is what I would like. I don't want to see general-release waves being done with artist-specific themes, but I think it would be great to see one-off figures or two-packs based on specific artists, particularly classic ones like Ditko and Kirby.