Why does Hasbro hate Longshot?

Engine33

Short answer: they don't

Long Answer: Why does Hasbro hate Rachel Summer? Why do they Hate Lockjaw? Why do They Hate Crystal? Why do they hate Dr. Druid? I could go on and on but the simple answers is they don't. Hasbro just hasn't gotten around to those characters. There are hundreds, if not Thousands of characters need to make. However, they can't fit them into their planning. They have to make figures that everyone would love in one case or the other and They have to fit in the Spider-men/Wolverine/Cap/IM etc because those sell the line to the general store who don't care for lesser characters. They have to put classic/modern version in to appeal to every one. So no. Hasbro does not hate any character (well maybe Hate Monger but there is an extremely perfect reason for that), there just is to much and not enough space. Give it time and they will get to the characters. 

On 1/17/2022 at 3:37 PM, Engine33 said:

I just don’t understand while we’ve gotten multiple versions of a lot of  X-Men characters  and not him?

LOL, bruh....don't let Hogun see your post then. Hasbro Legends hasn't once done any of his Warriors Three! And I'm with him 100%.

Seriously though, don't think you can rightly say they "hate" this or that character. I share your frustration; they haven't done any of the original characters that birthed the Marvel Age either (Human Torch, FA Cap, Sub-Mariner). How is that possible? They've not done the Golden Age, Inhumans, the Starjammers, or Redwolf. And by some huge oversight, they only did one Rock Python. Where would Spider-Man, the X-Men, or Stan Lee be, for that matter, without Rock Python??

I hear you. What gets me is why they take so long to get figures out. I mean look how long it was since we got a classic Dr. Strange or Ultron, for example. I wish I had a better answer for you, but I don't think anyone does except the Hasbro team. I gotta believe, though, that they're doing Spiral and Mojo before the year is out, so expect Longshot to show by 2023. 

On 1/17/2022 at 8:26 PM, tarot said:

Short answer: they don't

Long Answer: Why does Hasbro hate Rachel Summer? Why do they Hate Lockjaw? Why do They Hate Crystal? Why do they hate Dr. Druid? I could go on and on but the simple answers is they don't. Hasbro just hasn't gotten around to those characters. There are hundreds, if not Thousands of characters need to make. However, they can't fit them into their planning. They have to make figures that everyone would love in one case or the other and They have to fit in the Spider-men/Wolverine/Cap/IM etc because those sell the line to the general store who don't care for lesser characters. They have to put classic/modern version in to appeal to every one. So no. Hasbro does not hate any character (well maybe Hate Monger but there is an extremely perfect reason for that), there just is to much and not enough space. Give it time and they will get to the characters. 

They must hate Crystal because she is my most wanted and they still haven't made her. 

I see variations of this question get asked a lot with a bunch of characters, and the simple answer is: There are dozens, if not hundreds of characters at Longshot's general level of notoriety, and only so many slots per character per year. So you could easily ask this about a lot of characters (look how long people were asking for Quasar until recently?)

As for the question of why a character like Wolverine, Magneto, Storm or Iron Man has been made multiple times, well the answer there is because they're all more popular than Longshot. I'm sure we'll get him eventually. But just about everyone in the fandom has their personal "Why hasn't they been made yet?!" picks that they think are obvious, myself included.

On 1/21/2022 at 10:35 PM, watanabefan said:

I see variations of this question get asked a lot with a bunch of characters, and the simple answer is: There are dozens, if not hundreds of characters at Longshot's general level of notoriety, and only so many slots per character per year. So you could easily ask this about a lot of characters (look how long people were asking for Quasar until recently?)

As for the question of why a character like Wolverine, Magneto, Storm or Iron Man has been made multiple times, well the answer there is because they're all more popular than Longshot. I'm sure we'll get him eventually. But just about everyone in the fandom has their personal "Why hasn't they been made yet?!" picks that they think are obvious, myself included.

Exactly. Longshot will be made in time, just like Changeling, XTAS Morph, Avalanche...

I could (and have) ask the same question about Ms. Marvel (original costume), that we actually supposed to have had already. Yellowjacket, Wonder Man (fa and safari jacket and ionic energy form), and Gladiator from Daredevil's rogue gallery haven't been made, or at least are painfully overdue for an upgrade.

We say, "this will happen....in time..." but its hard to understand that, when its been FIFTEEN years since either YJ or Longshot, but Hydra Stomper gets done just MONTHS after only one appearance on an animated show. And no, not saying one should have been done before the other, and please dont come at me with "this one is more current than that one" 'cause Guardsman aint "current", yet we have him in all his glossy green glory. 

Thing is, they're gonna produce the figure on their decision and their time and we have no idea what that will be and no one can predict what that is. I wish I had a better answer but no one does. Its frustrating, yeah, and I'm right there with you.

On 1/23/2022 at 1:19 AM, Atlantis said:

We say, "this will happen....in time..." but its hard to understand that, when its been FIFTEEN years since either YJ or Longshot, but Hydra Stomper gets done just MONTHS after only one appearance on an animated show.

Honestly, you shouldn't be using Hydra Stomper, hell any MCU/D+/Games, as your argument. We all know the reason they get made so fast is because of cross promotion. They need to come out as soon as the movie or tv series aired to capitalize on the hype for these. So, saying why did they get made before a classic comic character is nonsensical. (but I understand why you said it).

If anything, you should be saying some like how the Iron Heart gets a figure before such and such. She is only a few years old. (But honestly that figure is kick ass and people did ask for her,, so I'll let it be).

On 1/22/2022 at 4:42 PM, tarot said:

Honestly, you shouldn't be using Hydra Stomper, hell any MCU/D+/Games, as your argument. We all know the reason they get made so fast is because of cross promotion. They need to come out as soon as the movie or tv series aired to capitalize on the hype for these. So, saying why did they get made before a classic comic character is nonsensical. (but I understand why you said it).

If anything, you should be saying some like how the Iron Heart gets a figure before such and such. She is only a few years old. (But honestly that figure is kick ass and people did ask for her,, so I'll let it be).

Actually I was going to use Iron Heart. But Stomper is in there too. There are a lot of people calling for the release of past Spider-Man, X-Men etc. movie characters as figures, and they're thrilled to get them, even though some of these movies were from like 20 years ago. However, I was just using the stomper as an overall example of how one figure that's recent gets made while another has taken decades. Point is, looking for a pattern or "reason" as to why they do/do not do this or that figure in this or that time, is something only they know. 

I think there are so many cogs turning in the empire that is Hasbro, that it doesn't come down to 1 reason but so many why characters get made when they do, Most of it 1 has to do with Promotion, Tie In, Cross Promotion of product that ties with Media that is being promoted in the time frame (basically does it all fit Disney/Marvel Agenda), 2 Popularity over years of certain character (why you always get anchors, celebrity figures Cap, Tony etc), and Money, money is big..the 3 Budget, every year is broken down to molecules basically, of what they can spend, how they can spend it, how they can alot the budget, 4. is Hasbro's team imput, 5 is the consumer.

Really it's that they have a set amount they can spend in a year, they have to break that down accordingly, so Eternals cost this much, then that means we can't have figure a in this wave, move figure b to this wave, nah...lots of shuffling

trust me if Legends are going the way they are now...they will get to everything they possibly can, fear not!, well sorry to fans of Hatemonger and Leatherboy, but likely you won't be crossing them off yer list.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:03 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

….well sorry to fans of Hatemonger and Leatherboy, but likely you won't be crossing them off yer list.

Idk who Leatherboy is but people sure do love saying this about Hate-Monger. Its hard for me to understand why/how we can’t get him but we can have his maker, Arnim Zola, on top of all the other nazi characters we got + more to come like the Zemos and Strucker; maybe even another Red Skull. But are collectors just that soft about it because of the klan-like hood or is it because he is a clone of Hitler? Like are we just supposed to like all the villains, is that how it works? Is he just not fake enough?

On 1/23/2022 at 7:58 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Idk who Leatherboy is but people sure do love saying this about Hate-Monger. Its hard for me to understand why/how we can’t get him but we can have his maker, Arnim Zola, on top of all the other nazi characters we got + more to come like the Zemos and Strucker; maybe even another Red Skull. But are collectors just that soft about it because of the klan-like hood or is it because he is a clone of Hitler? Like are we just supposed to like all the villains, is that how it works? Is he just not fake enough?

Yeah Leatherboy is never going to get made. I agree about Hatemonger, The Hitler clone thing can easily be avoided by not mentioning it on the packaging and if it is the hood, that can always be redesigned.

deyn4uw-5c48e2cd-01cd-4687-b165-20675566 deyn4uz-cda97e3a-6435-4f31-8450-7277020a