Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Captain America In-Hand Look

JayC

The new Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Captain America figure has begun to see release overseas and with that we have our first in-hand look via Gapzero. This is the first figure in the Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary sub-line which will be followed by Iron Man, Hulk and Toad. After that we can expect to see at least 8 additional figures released in this line throughout 2022. Cap, Iron Man and Hulk are currently available for pre-order at our sponsors Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore.com.

20th-Anniversary-Cap.jpg

It's a nice figure, but it doesn't feel $32.00+ nice to me. Maybe I'm a bit biased, because I'm disappointed by the lack of an actual sculpted display stand for the figures in this line, but these don't feel "ultra-premium" to me. I'll probably buy it, but I think the 80th. Anniversary Cap will still be the "definitive" classic Cap figure for me. 

On 1/19/2022 at 11:09 AM, The Mad Bubbler said:

It's a nice figure, but it doesn't feel $32.00+ nice to me. Maybe I'm a bit biased, because I'm disappointed by the lack of an actual sculpted display stand for the figures in this line, but these don't feel "ultra-premium" to me. I'll probably buy it, but I think the 80th. Anniversary Cap will still be the "definitive" classic Cap figure for me. 

I agree that the $32 price tag doesn't feel right, and that I will still buy it though.  I loved the 80th Anniversary Cap, but the colors on this one are the most accurate to the Cap in my head from my youth. I feel the same about Hulk and Ironman in this series, but the head sculpts are top notch, so I am in on the too (and Paul Harding sculpts will always hook me). 

Cool man! Looking forward to this. It's a pity our 'Captain America' (Guardian) couldn't have gotten this much love, lol. There's something about this figure that keeps making me think of the first live-action version of Cap from '79 (and no, not just the hair)......which is Awesome😁 I really loved all those live-action takes of heroes back in the day! 

I have this on preorder and I'm excited to get him but it still turns my stomach to think how much he costs. There's nothing in this that tells me it's worth this much. Sure, we get some effects but the electricity makes no sense for Cap, the swoop piece is ok and the bullet pings are neat but it still pisses me off they compromised the integrity of the shield for those. The holes will make displaying him annoying unless we get a fan fix. Also the stand will probably end up bent up in a drawer somewhere. Regardless, I love the headsculpts and this will always be my favorite look for Steve.

On 1/19/2022 at 1:06 PM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

".... I'm excited to get him but it still turns my stomach to think how much he costs. There's nothing in this that tells me it's worth this much......Regardless, I love the headsculpts and this will always be my favorite look for Steve....."

On 1/19/2022 at 11:05 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Yea I’m lovin it but for what it is, I will not succumb to the msrp. Not anytime soon anyway 😄

It truly does not warrant this price point. New butterfly joints would be good. At the very least, a standard or even "metallic" shield should have been included. I get that the holes are for the impact strikes against the shield (bullets, lasers, etc) so that doesn't bother me as much as others. But just like the upcoming Dr. Strange & Iron Man, the cheesy base and postcard, plus the errors on the figures themselves, just make me feel Hasbro is playing the fans for chumps. Sure, put some really nice features on the figure, but then make this or that thing thats just flat wrong....so that when the inevitable "premium" version comes out, they'll buy that too. 

Its not a horrible figure, absolutely not. I just don't think I can justify buying it. Definitely not getting the Iron Man 'cause they just made a mockery of that. 

On 1/19/2022 at 4:02 PM, Fetisone said:

For that price they could've thrown in an extra shield without holes.

Yeah, at the very least. I feel like for the MSRP, and as a better tribute, we should get a hole-less shield, and at least a simple sculpted display base of some terrain, or something. When a regular figure with a BAF piece is $22.99, this without a BAF piece isn't worth 10 bucks more. 

I have 80th Cap and I think I prefer the darker colors, metallic chainmail, and the headsculpt on that one. I know lots of people wanted him in a lighter shade of blue. I'm glad the blue is not lighter than it appears in these photos. In the previous stock photos, the blue looked too light to me. I have this one on preorder too because I figured if I didn't, I'd wish I had later.

Of all of the legends 20th anniversary figures shown, this is the only one I want and think looks cool. Disappointed in the pricepoint and the holey shield is a big oof. We ll see if I end up picking him up or not tho. 

I am totally loving this figure, it's my personal favorite Cap yet, it has the classic qualities I desire, I never got the 80th because I always liked the vintage figure over it, I felt it looked more like Matt Salinger as Cap, which was a movie I watched as a Kid, and this figure feels like the right upgrade of that. Super happy to replace my vintage cap with this.

On 1/19/2022 at 7:23 PM, Atlantis said:

It truly does not warrant this price point. New butterfly joints would be good. At the very least, a standard or even "metallic" shield should have been included. I get that the holes are for the impact strikes against the shield (bullets, lasers, etc) so that doesn't bother me as much as others. But just like the upcoming Dr. Strange & Iron Man, the cheesy base and postcard, plus the errors on the figures themselves, just make me feel Hasbro is playing the fans for chumps. Sure, put some really nice features on the figure, but then make this or that thing thats just flat wrong....so that when the inevitable "premium" version comes out, they'll buy that too. 

Its not a horrible figure, absolutely not. I just don't think I can justify buying it. Definitely not getting the Iron Man 'cause they just made a mockery of that. 

I'm sure that's the long game. They'll likely do a release of this without all the extras and give it a shield that doesn't have the holes in it. Iron Man is a joke, Hulk has one of the stupidest headsculpts I've ever seen (them sideburns...oof.) Hasbro's choices for so many figures lately have me losing interest in what was once my favorite line. It feels scummy the way they've used the fandom to double dip on figures so many times. 

Im gonna get this one because Im a huge Cap fan and I do like the brighter colors. I agree the price point is high which is why this one and Toad are likely the only two figures I will end up getting in this sub-line. I totally could do without the diorama piece as it will likely just go in a drawer if that would keep the cost down. I know its included as a nod to the Toy Biz figure but doesnt do much for me personally.

Ya I love me some classic Cap. The shield doesn’t really bother me (I actually like it, tbh) bc I got a ziplock bag full of different Cap shields anyway. 
I’m just hoping there’ll be an abundance of these so I can find him at a discount eventually bc these are some crackhead prices and everyone knows it!! 😄

On another note, why aren’t we seeing the back of the card? Is Toad on there?👀

On 1/20/2022 at 3:08 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm sure that's the long game. They'll likely do a release of this without all the extras and give it a shield that doesn't have the holes in it. Iron Man is a joke, Hulk has one of the stupidest headsculpts I've ever seen (them sideburns...oof.) Hasbro's choices for so many figures lately have me losing interest in what was once my favorite line. It feels scummy the way they've used the fandom to double dip on figures so many times. 

Mic drop.