Marvel Legends Spider-Man 60th Anniversary Iron Spider (Comic) Figure In-Hand Look

JayC

Shown below via D-Amazing is an in-hand look at the upcoming Marvel Legends Comic Based Iron Spider figure. This one was sent to him early by Hasbro to show folks. While Hasbro hasn't officially said yet, this one should be part of the upcoming Spider-Man 60th Anniversary Sub-Line they are doing throughout 2022. No word yet on when this figure will be made available for pre-order. You can check out images and a video review of it below.

60th-Anniversary-Iron-Spider 1.jpg

60th-Anniversary-Iron-Spider 2.jpg

60th-Anniversary-Iron-Spider 3.jpg

60th-Anniversary-Iron-Spider 4.jpg

60th-Anniversary-Iron-Spider.jpg

This figure's build is so much better than the retro figure. He's leaner and more proportionate. No neck balljoint means no weird neck gaps. The waist swivel means the figure doesn't need to rely on a diaphragm swivel to turn the torso side to side, which is something that completely breaks the flow of the torso deco in the retro figures. All of that plus pinless joints.

Really hoping Hasbro uses this figure's build as the base for all Spider-Man releases going forward.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:16 PM, tarot said:

It hasbro mate. You know this is not last to we will see this. Be prepare for a black version

Typical Hasbro not to include everything a specific should have come with just to make a 'saving throw' by repainting it and repacking it with the comic accurate accessories.

Am I the only one who is looking at this and asking urself what the is going on with the hips to the thighs its like an explosion of muscle on the thigh and super small hips? Idk this that area just looks funny. It looks great overall tho with new tweaking like pinless arms and legs and this mold desperately need new arms cuz they were trash, the shang chi arms were nice surprised that haven't reused them. Now if hasbro can implement better hips like the one on the new tweaked sunfire mild with those pinless arms and a better neck joint with the same abdomen of the retro spidey then we have the perfect formula for spidey hasbro can give.

On 1/20/2022 at 10:52 AM, ADour said:

This figure's build is so much better than the retro figure. He's leaner and more proportionate. No neck balljoint means no weird neck gaps. The waist swivel means the figure doesn't need to rely on a diaphragm swivel to turn the torso side to side, which is something that completely breaks the flow of the torso deco in the retro figures. All of that plus pinless joints.

Really hoping Hasbro uses this figure's build as the base for all Spider-Man releases going forward.

Completely agreed, I like the articulation on the retro buck, but it's just too big for most iterations of Spider-Man. What I really want is a brand new buck that's the same size as the pizza Spidey buck, but with the proportions and articulation of the retro buck.

Yeah that's one good looking figure, I was never super huge on this suit, but I think it translates well into toy form, So I plan on getting this, this seems like a real oooh and aaaah figure almost at times it looks import quality.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:49 AM, SUPREME007 said:

"Am I the only one who is looking at this and asking urself what the is going on with the hips to the thighs its like an explosion of muscle on the thigh and super small hips? Idk this that area just looks funny. It looks great overall tho..."

You aint wrong. Dead-on, you can definitely see it. Maybe if they shaved a hair off on those thighs it wouldn't be as noticeable. At the same time though I think this is the best mold yet for Spider-Man; I'd like Hasbro to build off this one so that all the figures, larger, smaller, female, etc. can have that same great articulation.

UPDATE: Hasbro clarified their statement about the 20th of each month saying they will be doing updates for Marvel Legends but that it doesn't always mean they will be doing reveals or reviews like today. Not sure what an "Update" actually qualifies as, but I guess we will find out as time goes one.

Also Iron Spider is expected to go up for pre-order sometime in the Spring.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:55 PM, JayC said:

UPDATE: Hasbro clarified their statement about the 20th of each month saying they will be doing updates for Marvel Legends but that it doesn't always mean they will be doing reveals or reviews like today. Not sure what an "Update" actually qualifies as, but I guess we will find out as time goes one.

Also Iron Spider is expected to go up for pre-order sometime in the Spring.

basically showing off a figure they revealed earlier. IE if they wanted to they could give Knull to another Youtuber to review.