New Marvel Legends Series X-Men 90s Animated Series Figure Images

JayC

Hasbro has released updated images for the first three figures in their Marvel Legends Series X-Men 90s Animated Series line which is being sold as Pulse exclusives. Shown are Wolverine, Jubilee and Mr. Sinister. They come in special VHS type packing. The figures shown already are re-issued with new cell-shading deco and added accessories from the animated series. There are more figures coming in this line during 2022, hopefully one of which will be Morph.

X-Men-Animated-Series-01.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-02.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-03.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-04.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-05.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-06.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-07.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-08.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-09.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-10.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-11.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-12.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-13.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-14.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-15.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-16.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-17.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-18.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-19.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-20.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-21.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-22.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-23.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-24.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-25.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-26.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-27.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-28.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-29.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-30.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-31.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-32.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-33.jpg

X-Men-Animated-Series-34.jpg

I really dont feel like recollecting xmen just for a cel shaded look and some fun accessories. I wouldnt keep them in the box so having that, it would be thrown away. I kind of wish they wouldve done this sooner before i had so many xmen or else id be much more tempted. But I have a feeling they will re-release these again but without the cel shading down the line, probably in a "retro" packaging. 

On 1/24/2022 at 11:55 AM, Faust said:

Just ain't worth the money 

Probably not with the way prices are now.

On 1/24/2022 at 12:03 PM, EvilHayato said:

I really dont feel like recollecting xmen just for a cel shaded look and some fun accessories. I wouldnt keep them in the box so having that, it would be thrown away.

I do really like the packaging and accessories, though. That alternate Jubilee head is pretty good. I prefer that hair style. Wolverine with that picture is so funny. What grown man has that? I remember my mom not liking all the soap operatics of that show.

Imagine Scott jerking Logan's chain giving him a signed picture of himself and Jean. "Logan, I won. Sincerely, Scott." "Wolvie, She's better than you even know. Your pal, Cyke." Then he punch-dances out his rage in the Canadian tundra.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:36 AM, leokearon said:

Still hoping for Morph

Me too! I don't think I'd mind some cell-shading in order to get that figure.

Not sure on these. I've never been much for opening my retro card figures and with the VHS style packaging, I'm even more unlikely to open that. The figures themselves are just too similar to ones I already have. 

On 1/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, eko32eko7 said:

I was 100% on both Wolverine and Jubilee, but the cell shading crap is a MAJOR turn off... I may cancel my pre-order :sad:

Hasbro is not good at cell shading. Their figures look either bad (Jubilee) or terrible (Venom).

IF I were interested in these I’d rather have show accurate suits instead of trying to mimic an animation style. I get what they are going for, they just are no good at it.

On 1/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, Atlantis said:

Pass, but must say, really like that face for Jubilee. Very much looks like a girl I used to date years ago. That was the look on her face when she was ready for amore.

It was also the look she gave when she was ticked off so yeah, some miscommunication episodes there...

This wins post of the year (already)

I bought and sold the last Jubilee figure before I decided to get at least the animated team of XMen (plus a few too cool to pass up members) so I considered getting this a Jubilee. But.. tho she has minimal cell shading she still looks off to me. 

These are good and fine, not thrilled about the whole cartoon cell shading thing, now it just opens a box for a new sub-line they gan bleed extra money out of collectors pockets for, but I'm happy they are releasing figures most of us already have, hey if I didn't have Sinister, Jubs or TS Wolvie I'd be tempted, so it's good for those who don't have these figures in their regular version, but the cell shading to me doesn't look very good and the steeper price tag, ah I'm happy I already have these 3 I wouldn't really want to resort to buying these, boxes don't make a figure, which seems like what they think they are tricking us with here. But I'm sure a ton of people will be excited they can fill their gaps in collections with these, I'm sure that's what this line will really be about, re-releasing old figs with new gimmicks and boxes and of Course the big bait Morph.

On 1/25/2022 at 12:47 AM, ADour said:

So, Jubilee's powers manifest as sparkles, and they gave her the swirl effects? Pretty sure these would've been a better choice:

0f49c65e-c039-4230-a84f-84cba61c6ba4.jpg

At least she comes with effects, unlike the original. Personally something like a multi-coloured lightning effect would be closer to the firework stream she creates.

On 1/24/2022 at 12:31 PM, McHogan said:

IF I were interested in these I’d rather have show accurate suits instead of trying to mimic an animation style. I get what they are going for, they just are no good at it.

I just wish Hasbro would stop with the gimmicks (cell shading, carbonized, etc). I've not seen cell shading done "well" on a physical figure. I find the concept to be fundamentally flawed. I just want the costume to be accurate. I will create the shadows with actual light.

Its frustrating because I thought this would be my 90's Wolverine and Jubilee and I'm afraid it will be along time before we see another release of these characters with the 90's look...

In an ideal world Hasbro would relegate gimmicky variants to retailer exclusives and stop making desirable mainline figures retailer exclusives.

On 1/26/2022 at 4:40 PM, eko32eko7 said:

I just wish Hasbro would stop with the gimmicks (cell shading, carbonized, etc). I've not seen cell shading done "well" on a physical figure. I find the concept to be fundamentally flawed. I just want the costume to be accurate. I will create the shadows with actual light.

You say that but there seems to be a market for it. They wouldn't make it if people didn't buy them.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:43 AM, tarot said:

You say that but there seems to be a market for it. They wouldn't make it if people didn't buy them.

Sure. While I generally agree, I often find myself questioning the veracity of such a notion. I really wonder which one would sell more units if the same figure were available with cell shading and without cell shading, side-by-side, at the same retailer, for the same price.

Is it so much that there is a market for cell shaded figures or is it that these characters are popular enough that many shoppers are willing to overlook it?

And, I'm not saying that just because I think the non-cell-shaded version would sell more that it is the only one that should be on the market.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:51 AM, eko32eko7 said:

Sure. While I generally agree, I often find myself questioning the veracity of such a notion. I really wonder which one would sell more units if the same figure were available with cell shading and without cell shading, side-by-side, at the same retailer, for the same price.

Is it so much that there is a market for cell shaded figures or is it that these characters are popular enough that many shoppers are willing to overlook it?

And, I'm not saying that just because I think the non-cell-shaded version would sell more that it is the only one that should be on the market.

The NECA toon/game TMNT lines seemed to sell really well with that style and its fairly comparable to this. It just varies. I personally dont want it but I can see the appeal of having it since its based on that design of the shows/games etc. But the difference is NECA used the same molds and didnt really change anything outside of paint and the pertinent accessories, Hasbro loves to add stuff or improve upon what they already made before to give collectors incentive to buy this too. I prefer the NECA way. 

The recent threat of another price hike could settle the argument for us. If many jump ship or get choosy, it means Hasbro probably attempts goofy gimmicks like this less in the future. 

Also means there is probably less chance that certain figures get corrected or redone. So as collectors we may finally  be forced to take what we can get. Since we may not see a particular figure again..