New Marvel Legends Series X-Men 90s Animated Series Figure Images

JayC

On 1/26/2022 at 11:43 AM, tarot said:

You say that but there seems to be a market for it. They wouldn't make it if people didn't buy them.

If they get done correctly. This particular example with cell shading may have its fans but the difference in price was the vhs style box. The paint would not justify the price hike.  If fans get too many more Dr Stranges at premium price with the paint being wrong on the chest then I’m inclined to think more people will pass. Especially true if the errors are on a $25 standard figure

On 1/25/2022 at 2:47 AM, SpiderS said:

That Wolverine headsculpt is amazing and much better than what we got with comic book versions. 

I was on the fence about pre-ordering this Wolverine since I already have the similar Apocalypse wave Wolverine. The idea of cell shading on figures piqued my interest a little bit since I am a comic (not MCU) collector and cell shading accentuates the comic look, but it would also be my only figure that has cell shading so it may look out of place. Eventually, I decided to pre-order it. A few things helped my decision: The cell shading is not that obtrusive and it could still blend with the rest of my figures, which I think these updated photos confirm. The colors are brighter than the Apocalypse wave Wolverine. And the headsculpts are new and I like them. This Wolverine has the wide, spread-out fins on the facemask that many people were modifying on the Apocalypse wave Wolverine.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:56 PM, McHogan said:

"... If fans get too many more Dr Stranges at premium price with the paint being wrong on the chest then I’m inclined to think more people will pass. Especially true if the errors are on a $25 standard figure..."

These are the things causing disappointment with the line. Its not just a proposed price hike, its a price hike along with sloppy quality control, poor customer service, inaccessible figures, outrageous wait times between giving the fans what they want. Dr. Strange, Dormammu, Omega Sentinel, Silver Centurion, The Vision, Shockwave, not to mention the overuse of one or two bucks for the majority of the female figures, are all very easily fixed errors that shouldn't ever have gotten out of factory. And then there's the blatant over charging for figures that are just basically repaints. Fans (some, maybe more than some) see this kind of thing as disrespect, as taking them for granted. It spoils the joy of the collecting and people tend to not spend money on something they no longer enjoy. 

On 1/27/2022 at 11:39 PM, Atlantis said:

These are the things causing disappointment with the line. Its not just a proposed price hike, its a price hike along with sloppy quality control, poor customer service, inaccessible figures, outrageous wait times between giving the fans what they want. Dr. Strange, Dormammu, Omega Sentinel, Silver Centurion, The Vision, Shockwave, not to mention the overuse of one or two bucks for the majority of the female figures, are all very easily fixed errors that shouldn't ever have gotten out of factory. And then there's the blatant over charging for figures that are just basically repaints. Fans (some, maybe more than some) see this kind of thing as disrespect, as taking them for granted. It spoils the joy of the collecting and people tend to not spend money on something they no longer enjoy. 

Preach brother preach!