Chip Zdarsky And Marco Checchetto Reunite For An All New Era Of Daredevil

JayC

A new DAREDEVIL #1 rises from the ashes of DEVIL’S REIGN’s climactic ending!

Writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Marco Checchetto will be continuing their Eisner-nominated run on DAREDEVIL this June. Known for their transformative work on the saga of Matt Murdock, Elektra, Kingpin and more, the superstar creative team will turn their gaze to a future full of peril and pain, in this explosive beginning of an all new era for Hell’s Kitchen’s guardian devil. After the shocking events of DEVIL’S REIGN, what is left of Daredevil? Who lived, who died, and who is left to pick up the pieces? Fans can expect the series to tackle both Matt AND Elektra’s journeys as they deal with the brutal cost of taking on the Daredevil mantle. With new enemies and radical changes to the fabric of Daredevil’s mythos, DAREDEVIL #1 is set to usher in the darkest Hell’s Kitchen to date.

“Getting to write Daredevil and work with Marco is a career highlight. I’m just genuinely excited that we get to continue our epic story with this new issue one!” Zdarsky said. “Matt and Elektra have confronted their past mistakes with DEVIL’S REIGN and WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR, but can they atone for them together?

"It's the first time that I’ve to draw the first issue of the same series twice. I could tell you it's an issue like everyone else, now, but it's not,” Checcetto promises. “Each time I’ve to draw a new script of Daredevil it's a new experience. Chip keeps throwing at me new challenges and I'm not the type of artist to refuse them. How much more can we mess up with Matt Murdock's life? Let’s see with this new DAREDEVIL #1.

"This is the start of our fourth year on the title! And the plan for it is about as big a swing as we could possibly take,” Zdarsky added. I’m super excited for readers to see where we’re taking our Daredevils!

Don’t miss the shocking twists and the dramatic developments Zdarsky and Checchetto have in store for Hell’s Kitchen when DAREDEVIL #1.

DAREDEVIL #1
Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
Art and Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO

Daredevil-01.jpg

And how long was Elektra Daredevil before they brought Matt back? I suspect about 6 issues longer than it will be before Steven Strange is resurrected and reclaims the Dr Strange mantle. 

Comics these days..

Daredevil, Lady Daredevil, Dr Strange, Lady Dr Strange, Spider- Man, Spider Woman/Girl/lady.. feels like 70s era DC where Superman had his family, as did Batman..

On 1/25/2022 at 1:56 PM, McHogan said:

And how long was Elektra Daredevil before they brought Matt back? I suspect about 6 issues longer than it will be before Steven Strange is resurrected and reclaims the Dr Strange mantle. 

Comics these days..

Daredevil, Lady Daredevil, Dr Strange, Lady Dr Strange, Spider- Man, Spider Woman/Girl/lady.. feels like 70s era DC where Superman had his family, as did Batman..

Right. Its the kind of thing that has just soured me on comics. They don't even try to hide it anymore. And really what I liked about Marvel was they didn't have multiple versions of the same character...stories were more original, more engaging.....one of the reasons DC had their first "Crisis" storyline was to clear out all that drek and tighten up continuity, more in line with Marvel. But now look   lol.

Man...those old 70s era spectaculars. "100 pages for only 60 cents". You'd get at least two new stories, some sweet golden age reprints, just some beautiful colored glory. Two shiny quarters and a dime. I'd get that, maybe another regular comic book, and toss in a 7-11 Slurpee.....all for under $2.00. 

On 1/25/2022 at 9:14 PM, ADour said:

They were concurrent. Matt was simply in jail but he was still Daredevil getting into Daredevil hijinks.

Gotcha. I was going by (faulty) memory that they killed Matt to allow Elektra to take up the DD mantle. Thanks for clearing that up.

im still not a fan of the multiple/ gender version/ of established characters. Miss the days when there was just one person running around the MU as any one given character.