Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Iron Man In-Hand Images And Review

JayC

On 1/29/2022 at 3:30 PM, tarot said:

Well according to Rektangular (yes I know he has become a bit unreliable) the 20th anniverasary MAY consist of

Confirmed Cap, Iron man, Hulk and Toad (not shown)

Firelord

Sentinel

Apocalypse

Beast

MVC War Machine

Scorpion

Mr. Negative

CAP?

This has not been confirmed and I have asked others like Jayc and JTprime, neither can confirm but it's as good of  a list for NOW.

On 1/30/2022 at 12:36 AM, leokearon said:

That seems to be the most random leak I'm seen. Only 3 of them were done in the Original Line and Mr. Negative didn't even exist back when Toy Biz had the licence.  Also no ladies.

Did Rectangular specifically state all were part of the 20th line? Or was he just listing all future Legends releases for this year?

On 1/30/2022 at 10:09 AM, Emnems80 said:

Did Rectangular specifically state all were part of the 20th line? Or was he just listing all future Legends releases for this year?

It would make more sense if they were some of the Marvel Legends we are getting this year instead of all from just one ine

On 1/29/2022 at 10:52 PM, Atlantis said:

Given that they've already done a number of the red/gold armors, I think you're right that fans would've enjoyed a FA armor, especially if this was done in a glossy gun-metal gray, with a removable face plate feature and Tony's face underneath. If they really were to do the toybiz "version" it would just be the classic suit that we already have. Your idea of the MK I is certainly better than the sloppy mess they're offering now.

I mean I would have probably spent some bucks on getting a 1st Appearance IM myself (granted it looked good) and I'm not even an big Iron Man guy really, but I already see what the fans are saying about this 20th anniversary figure all over the net and from what I can gather 1 out of 10 collectors plan on buying this, with most of those folks who want it being newbies entering the arena and wanting a "classic" Iron Man, and the other small percent are the Die Hard completionists. This figure is just more reasons to Sigh and face palm at Hasbro, runnning out the gate with big fancy price tags and giving us little in return.

On 1/30/2022 at 3:36 AM, leokearon said:

That seems to be the most random leak I'm seen. Only 3 of them were done in the Original Line and Mr. Negative didn't even exist back when Toy Biz had the licence.  Also no ladies.

Yeah exactly, I think it's just a mass of "info" because I can't see those figures being in this 20th Anniversary Program, why would characters like Mr. Negative or MVC War Machine? makes no sense, so I'd say these are just figures listed as supposed to be coming out this year but someone got the information all twisted up and presumed they were in the 20th Anni line, I think they are just figures that are going to come out in various lines or forms.

also yeah not one lady..red flag right there.  Rektangular has been right in the past, but as of late he seems pretty desperate for youtube views and seems like he's just spouting random madness..he seems to be pandering to the fans, he's always talking about something everyone wants like a Blue Beast re-release, or 100 different Spider-Men every kid has been asking for. I'm also exhausted by how many people just take any rumoured "leak" and auto assume it's confirmed.

On 1/30/2022 at 11:35 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I mean I would have probably spent some bucks on getting a 1st Appearance IM myself (granted it looked good) and I'm not even an big Iron Man guy really, but I already see what the fans are saying about this 20th anniversary figure all over the net and from what I can gather 1 out of 10 collectors plan on buying this, with most of those folks who want it being newbies entering the arena and wanting a "classic" Iron Man, and the other small percent are the Die Hard completionists. This figure is just more reasons to Sigh and face palm at Hasbro, runnning out the gate with big fancy price tags and giving us little in return.

Collectors need to bear in mind that if they continue to buy over-priced tripe, hasbro will continue to pump out same. I can't really see why even a completionist would want some of these, but if they just can't help themselves, they should wait till it goes to the reduced sale bin and at least spare a hit to the wallet. 

On 1/31/2022 at 12:55 AM, Atlantis said:

Collectors need to bear in mind that if they continue to buy over-priced tripe, hasbro will continue to pump out same. I can't really see why even a completionist would want some of these, but if they just can't help themselves, they should wait till it goes to the reduced sale bin and at least spare a hit to the wallet. 

Yeah sadly they will continue to buy the over-priced tripe, there are so many out there who will buy it all, Hasbro knows this Hasbro has us beat, we just gotta take it or speak with the wallets. It's feels pretty mean actually at this point, the fat cats play us hard, and so many don't even want to acknowledge it, We're probably the most outspoken lot of collectors here, go elsewhere and they gush over everything, "OMG Iron Man in a bathrobe!, Finally!" "Hasbro says yes Iron Man in a bathrobe, from the non existent issue where Tony washes his armor in the shower" but it's just the A.I. Iron Man with a plastic jacket that's the same jacket they used for 6 plus years (aka you know the one) oh...it's exclusive to Bed Bath and Beyond and costs 65 bucks, "I'll pre-order 6"

at EB Games when the cowboy hat Wolverine first came out they were selling it for 40.99, people bought it.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:17 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"OMG Iron Man in a bathrobe!, Finally!" "Hasbro says yes Iron Man in a bathrobe, from the non existent issue where Tony washes his armor in the shower" but it's just the A.I. Iron Man with a plastic jacket that's the same jacket they used for 6 plus years (aka you know the one) oh...it's exclusive to Bed Bath and Beyond and costs 65 bucks, "I'll pre-order 6"

No, no, what have you done?? Curse you and your reckless posts! Now you KNOW they're gonna make that! They were gonna finally do @Hogun's Warriors Three but they like your whack idea better....you've doomed us all....oh, the humanity....

What I dont understand is how well they treated the 80th marvel anniversary figures compared to this Toybiz 20th anniversary. All of them had new sculpts some of which were definitive molds of those characters and some of the best Hasbro has ever done. Now we get the toybiz 20th and they are just essentially re-releases with extra heads and some really really weak accessories that we ve either seen 1000x before or are unnecessary. It honestly feels like they just phoned in on most of these. They arent exciting and they arent worth the extra price jump they are asking for. It just boggles me how much more amazing the 80th stuff was in comparison. So much newness, it was refreshing. The Cap is the only one of this line so far that even remotely seems good and even then obv hes reusing the 80th XD and that shield bs. I love iron man and this couldve been another for me to grab, theres just not enough new here for me to spend that inflated price. 

On 1/31/2022 at 3:47 PM, EvilHayato said:

What I dont understand is how well they treated the 80th marvel anniversary figures compared to this Toybiz 20th anniversary. All of them had new sculpts some of which were definitive molds of those characters and some of the best Hasbro has ever done. Now we get the toybiz 20th and they are just essentially re-releases with extra heads and some really really weak accessories that we ve either seen 1000x before or are unnecessary. It honestly feels like they just phoned in on most of these. They arent exciting and they arent worth the extra price jump they are asking for. It just boggles me how much more amazing the 80th stuff was in comparison. So much newness, it was refreshing. The Cap is the only one of this line so far that even remotely seems good and even then obv hes reusing the 80th XD and that shield bs. I love iron man and this couldve been another for me to grab, theres just not enough new here for me to spend that inflated price. 

all of them were NOT new sculpts. Only Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Colossus and Thor were the new sculpts for the 80th (comics). Wolverine, Juggernaut, The Love Triangle, the X-factor, The Family Matters, all the fan channels. Colossus is even a bit iffy as it uses his older mold with a new torso. That's not even going over the MCU versions which granted has alot of new sculpt but they were usually packaged with repaints.

Don't think the 80th line was just the big Cap, Iron man, Hulk and Thor.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:58 AM, tarot said:

all of them were NOT new sculpts. Only Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Colossus and Thor were the new sculpts for the 80th (comics). Wolverine, Juggernaut, The Love Triangle, the X-factor, The Family Matters, all the fan channels. Colossus is even a bit iffy as it uses his older mold with a new torso. That's not even going over the MCU versions which granted has alot of new sculpt but they were usually packaged with repaints.

Don't think the 80th line was just the big Cap, Iron man, Hulk and Thor.

Sorry I meant just the avengers. I honestly didnt think of the 2 pack jugg/col and the first app wolv. I was just comparing them since these mostly focus on those same avengers. I also didnt know that the 3 packs were considered 80th. Also since we only have 3 of the 4 so far of this anniversary, I didnt really focus on the full on sets. If this is all considered 80th, i guess this 20th is just a super sub line then.