Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Hammerhead Video Review And Images

Outsiders

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Hammerhead from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_01.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_02.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_03.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_04.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_05.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_06.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_07.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_08.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_09.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_10.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_11.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_12.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_13.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_14.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_15.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_16.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_17.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_18.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_19.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_20.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_21.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_22.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_23.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_24.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_25.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_26.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_27.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_28.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_29.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_30.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_31.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_32.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_33.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_34.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_35.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_36.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_37.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_38.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_39.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_40.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_41.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_42.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_43.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_44.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_45.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_46.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_47.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_48.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_49.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_50.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_51.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_52.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_53.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_54.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_55.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_56.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_57.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_58.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_59.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_60.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_61.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hammerhead_By_ShartimusPrime_62.jpg

On 2/2/2022 at 12:26 AM, SpiderS said:

I think we gotta get used to fact that figures won't be getting any realistic guns for coming decade or so. So better find some good sellers who make gun molds on ebay I guess.

What fact is that based on? The Hood got dual pistols that look pretty real. Comic Bucky got that rifle. Retro Deadpool & his guns, etc, etc. And look at what GI Joe is bringing to the table.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:40 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

What fact is that based on? The Hood got dual pistols that look pretty real. Comic Bucky got that rifle. Retro Deadpool & his guns, etc, etc. And look at what GI Joe is bringing to the table.

Mainly on the fact that DC/WB pushed to cut all weapons from their figures, and its possible this will further influence Marvel, yes Legends in past have had some realistic guns but mostly they had some blasters,  and GIJoe guns are pretty futuristic.

Hammerhead.. what a ridiculous character haha. Though will say he does help make up one of best Rogues galleries this side of Batman’s. 

Digging the pin strip suit, wasn’t planning on getting him but may just to get that suit!!

On 2/4/2022 at 2:59 PM, SpiderS said:

Mainly on the fact that DC/WB pushed to cut all weapons from their figures, and its possible this will further influence Marvel, yes Legends in past have had some realistic guns but mostly they had some blasters,  and GIJoe guns are pretty futuristic.

Ah I see ha wow wasn’t aware of that but curious how that’ll go for them. Thats dc for ya though so.. 😄

Even if that’s true that Legends did mostly have blaster type weapons, they have still released pLenty of real looking guns too. And GI Joe does have “futuristic” guns here and there  (if by that, you mean the unrealistic ones) but they too have  modern, real looking ones..

241DAF9B-7026-4C30-891A-9FA17811EC9F.thumb.jpeg.f85c11c157cbd8c633735cc4d537b358.jpeg76E173BC-B66E-4D19-97CC-9CADF0455F76.thumb.jpeg.fa5d15202a9e7129237a67d00bfa497f.jpeg297489A1-E8C9-4C2E-8E43-D43A61388531.thumb.png.c1b786959d3572fb657f772ea7ac8226.png

On 2/4/2022 at 5:53 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Ah I see ha wow wasn’t aware of that but curious how that’ll go for them. Thats dc for ya though so.. 😄

Even if that’s true that Legends did mostly have blaster type weapons, they have still released pLenty of real looking guns too. And GI Joe does have “futuristic” guns here and there  (if by that, you mean the unrealistic ones) but they too have  modern, real looking ones..

241DAF9B-7026-4C30-891A-9FA17811EC9F.thumb.jpeg.f85c11c157cbd8c633735cc4d537b358.jpeg76E173BC-B66E-4D19-97CC-9CADF0455F76.thumb.jpeg.fa5d15202a9e7129237a67d00bfa497f.jpeg297489A1-E8C9-4C2E-8E43-D43A61388531.thumb.png.c1b786959d3572fb657f772ea7ac8226.png

Dwight Stall has said that he doesn't like to put realistic guns in with a figure unless it's 100% appropriate for the character, whatever that means. That said, what Modaddydok says here is completely correct. GI Joe Classified has mostly moved away from the futuristic guns in favor of more realistic looking firearms, and I believe the last Marvel Legends figure Hasbro released with realistic guns (aside from the lack of muzzle detail) was The Hood just six or seven months ago. @SpiderS if we get to the end of 2022 or the middle of 2023 with no Legends figures (comics or MCU) packed with realistic looking guns, I may start to have the same feeling as you, but your "fact" about the next decade or so is just speculation.

Edit: Erivera94 just put up a review of the Falcon and the Winter Soldier "flashback" Winter Soldier figure scheduled for release this spring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZbbJijNQVc
The pistols are kinda iffy, but that rifle looks pretty gosh darn realistic to me. So...yeah. That didn't last very long.

On 2/7/2022 at 2:15 AM, Emnems80 said:

I believe all of us feel that Hammerhead coming with a Tommy gun is 100% appropriate for the character.

I hope this is a comment for Dwight Stall, in case he sees it, instead of me, since I lamented it's exclusion above. I believe you're right, and I appreciate you bringing the conversation back to Hammerhead, since it was getting a little off topic. I passed along something Dwight has said several times in relation to guns as accessories in general. In case it wasn't clear with my use of "whatever that means," I don't understand the application of Dwight's philosophy in some cases, nor do I always agree with it (ray guns with Spiderman Noir and Deadpool 2 Deadpool. Seriously?). I also won't try to guess what happened behind the scenes that led to the Thompson's exclusion in this case.

Hammerhead's greatest weapon may be the head, true, but his entire motif is based on movie gangsters from the Roaring ’20s. The lingo, the pinstripe suits.... and that includes the tommy gun. It makes zero sense to do all that for the figure, and not include his signature weapon. 

At the same time I would take much of what Dwight, or really anybody on that team, says with a grain of salt because logic and consistency don't seem to be their strongest points (google pics, my 2$$). Whatever platform or policy they're seeming to take here, is, as others have pointed out, pretty weak and contradictory.

Frankly I think the more important thing here is his facial expression. He really, really should've had a snarling/teeth bared look; that's the way he's almost always presented. 

On 2/8/2022 at 5:44 AM, Atlantis said:

Hammerhead's greatest weapon may be the head, true, but his entire motif is based on movie gangsters from the Roaring ’20s. The lingo, the pinstripe suits.... and that includes the tommy gun. It makes zero sense to do all that for the figure, and not include his signature weapon. 

At the same time I would take much of what Dwight, or really anybody on that team, says with a grain of salt because logic and consistency don't seem to be their strongest points (google pics, my 2$$). Whatever platform or policy they're seeming to take here, is, as others have pointed out, pretty weak and contradictory.

Frankly I think the more important thing here is his facial expression. He really, really should've had a snarling/teeth bared look; that's the way he's almost always presented. 

Even his Marvel Handbook profile states more often Hammerhead uses various forms of firearms including Tommy Guns and other weapons inspired by the  1920's. It is officially part of his character.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:42 AM, Satam said:

I hope this is a comment for Dwight Stall, in case he sees it, instead of me, since I lamented it's exclusion above. I believe you're right, and I appreciate you bringing the conversation back to Hammerhead, since it was getting a little off topic. I passed along something Dwight has said several times in relation to guns as accessories in general. In case it wasn't clear with my use of "whatever that means," I don't understand the application of Dwight's philosophy in some cases, nor do I always agree with it (ray guns with Spiderman Noir and Deadpool 2 Deadpool. Seriously?). I also won't try to guess what happened behind the scenes that led to the Thompson's exclusion in this case.

My comment was meant to show that most of us collectors feel the same as you.

Once somebody posts about gun violence and the ease of buying guns, that tells me this thread has run it's course, and it's time to for a lock before it goes off topic again into political territory. Hasbro's inconsistency about when they include realistic looking firearms as accessories is one thing. The other is simply not a discussion for these boards.