Marvel Legends Walgreens Exclusive Baron Zemo In-Hand Figure Image

JayC

Shown below via xcorpeo are in-hand images and a video of the new Marvel Legends comic book based Baron Zemo figure which here in the US will be sold as a Walgreens exclusive. The figure is already hitting shelves overseas where of course it's not an exclusive. No word on when we might actually see it release here in the US.

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo 0.jpg

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo 1.jpg

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo 2.jpg

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo 3.jpg

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo 4.jpg

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo 5.jpg

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo 6.jpg

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo 7.jpg

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo 8.jpg

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo 9.jpg

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo 10.jpg

Walgreens-Baron-Zemo.jpg

What are the chances of this one actually getting to Walgreens shelves in most of the U.S.?  I'm not being pissy or rhetorical, I'm genuinely curious if there's any news or rumors about what's been going on.  I never saw Nova, Quasar, or Binary.  Snagged Nova from the website, at least.  Are we still waiting on Quasar and/or Binary or should I just move on with my life?  Are we likely to just never see any of this year's exclusives anywhere in the Midwest, or is there reason to believe things will go better this year?  I'd really love to get that Zemo...

On 1/30/2022 at 12:43 PM, MonsterChris said:

What are the chances of this one actually getting to Walgreens shelves in most of the U.S.?  I'm not being pissy or rhetorical, I'm genuinely curious if there's any news or rumors about what's been going on.  I never saw Nova, Quasar, or Binary.  Snagged Nova from the website, at least.  Are we still waiting on Quasar and/or Binary or should I just move on with my life?  Are we likely to just never see any of this year's exclusives anywhere in the Midwest, or is there reason to believe things will go better this year?  I'd really love to get that Zemo...

It's not just the Midwest. I'm in TN and I share your curiosity. Back in November I picked up the only Nova I've seen in the wild, but I have yet to spot Quasar or Binary. In fact, walk into any Walgreens near me and it's just an action figure wasteland. Quasar I can live without, but I really want Binary and Zemo.

For me personally, I'm okay with the Zemo I got from the Winter Solider Movie wave(Build A Shield Mandroid) from years ago.  But if I didn't get that, I would of wanted this Zemo.  I do like that it is a more Classic looking version of this version of Zemo(Not counting his father/grandfather, depending on how often things get retcon), especially the colours used.  I suppose if I ever did get this 1 though, I would use the old ToyBiz as the Grandfather, this version as his Son, and the Mandroid Wave as the current/modern day Zemo(His grandson).

At least in my city in Canada, most of the Walgreen Exclusives have shown up as EBGames/Game Stop Exclusives, however some look to only have 1 shipment and you never see it again(Like the Silver Surfer from years ago).  

On 1/30/2022 at 2:55 PM, leokearon said:

Sculpted and painted lines, someone must have been sick.

I know right, wow, someone must be a big fan of Zemo over their in the paint department

this figure is awesome, I've been hoping for this exact Zemo for years, this is a must get, I really hope this doesn't prove difficult to find because I'm going to get all up in arms if it is, this is the Zemo I want for my collection! see Hasbro can do some good stuff when they really want to...but then they go and make this an exclusive, just a reminder Hasbro hates you all and it's all a cruel joke.

Definitely a definitive version of this character. Kudos to Hasbro on this one! Based on last years personal experience with new MLs not being in a dozen local Walgreens, I don't hold out hope for picking one up in person. I expect many of us, not on the Coasts, will have to wait for him to go up on the Walgreens web site, similar to Nova late last year. I do wonder if the fan theory theme this year will be Barons, like last year was Cosmic. If so, I wouldn't mind finally getting a Hasbro Baron Strucker to lead my Hydra army. Or for that matter, a Baron Blood. Even if this doesn't happen, if we can at least expect more big name villians, that will make me happy.

On 1/30/2022 at 4:52 PM, Jormungand said:

Definitely a definitive version of this character. Kudos to Hasbro on this one! Based on last years personal experience with new MLs not being in a dozen local Walgreens, I don't hold out hope for picking one up in person. I expect many of us, not on the Coasts, will have to wait for him to go up on the Walgreens web site, similar to Nova late last year. I do wonder if the fan theory theme this year will be Barons, like last year was Cosmic. If so, I wouldn't mind finally getting a Hasbro Baron Strucker to lead my Hydra army. Or for that matter, a Baron Blood. Even if this doesn't happen, if we can at least expect more big name villians, that will make me happy.

Seems the Theme of The Walgreens exclusives this year are Villains, as both figures shown already being this Zemo and the Jigsaw come in the Super Villains packaging.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:43 AM, MonsterChris said:

"what are the chances of this one actually getting to Walgreens shelves in most of the U.S.?  I'm not being pissy or rhetorical.....I never saw Nova, Quasar, or Binary....are we still waiting on Quasar and/or Binary or should I just move on with my life? "

The apologists will come at you saying Its  pissy, nitpicky, whining, or something like that, but your reaction is totally normal. hasblo doesn't step in when any of these exclusive outlets won't allow consumers to actually buy the damn product (they finally did on the GI Joe line). They certainly are aware of these complaints, especially in regard to walgreens, because they mentioned it during  the Fan FIrst streaming reveals. They said they "hoped" it was getting better.

Maybe they will, but don't hold your breath. As to the figures you list, neither Binary or Quasar ever appeared; Nova did (yay!)  but of course they didn't put the nova burst emblem on his back (boo!)....because...

Frankly, considering they put Binary on that scrawny teen female buck (of course) I'm not even sure I still want her. Bottom line for me is, if they're gonna work this hard to not take my money, fine, I'll spend on other lines. I'm certainly not going to eBay or paying some scalper's prices. 

I have probably said this before (wait I know I have), in regards to why most Walgreens don't get Legends, is because the person (Steve Anne) who initiated the partnership and the big collector push with Walgreens left the company, they were the ones pushing the stores to stock the product, now that Walgreens didn't have someone form above motivating them to stock toys, they seemed to dwindled down on the keeping of figures, The Managers of each store are the ones who determine what is in stock or not, so each store might have a different view on stocking collectors items such as action figures, if a store manager doesn't feel like they are selling the items, they don't bring more in, Each store is accountable for their specific inventory, so if Bill Bobman at store 1889 doesn't see any sales from Legends, he ain't bringing in more inventory because his computers show they have 19 Medusas on the pegs for 5 years, as a store manager why would I want to bring in more product I have no reason to believe will sell? and I;ll just eventually have to take a loss on when I discount it? these guys don't care about toys it's a pharmacy likely Bill Bobbalaha doesn't even know what a Marble Leg-end is

As fact from Walgreens

On Managers duties

Store managers at Walgreens also oversee the levels of the inventory through activities like ordering, keeping of, and liquidation of stock etc.

Analyze inventory trends and also supervise inventory management, which includes the ordering of items, keeping stock, liquidating stock, and leveraging the company’s resources to avoid overstock and outs

maybe people need to go directly to their walgreens managers at store level and insist they

stock legends.

go buy every Legend on the peg, and say we need more!,

On 1/30/2022 at 4:32 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Seems the Theme of The Walgreens exclusives this year are Villains, as both figures shown already being this Zemo and the Jigsaw come in the Super Villains packaging.

Yes, forgot about that Jigsaw reveal. Its just as well, I'm willing to gamble we get some classic new villians like ionic Count Nefaria, Graviton, Attuma, the Collector, Mandarin or the Unicorn. Anyone not Spiderman, Xmen or Fantastic Four centric.

On 1/30/2022 at 5:56 PM, Jormungand said:

Yes, forgot about that Jigsaw reveal. Its just as well, I'm willing to gamble we get some classic new villians like ionic Count Nefaria, Graviton, Attuma, the Collector, Mandarin or the Unicorn. Anyone not Spiderman, Xmen or Fantastic Four centric.

I'd be shocked if they gave us any of the above mentioned characters, but I'd be happy, but honestly you'd gamble on Walgreens getting an exclusive Unicorn 😅

On 1/30/2022 at 4:58 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'd be shocked if they gave us any of the above mentioned characters, but I'd be happy, but honestly you'd gamble on Walgreens getting an exclusive Unicorn 😅

I'm going to remain optimistic, epecially since we seem to be getting more villians the past few years. And honestly, I'm done buying another iteration of a hero I've bought  a dozen times before... you know the ones I mean. That, coupled with another price increase in less than a year and I see Hasbro at least attempting to give us characters we haven't ever gotten from them. As for Unicorn, an old favorite of mine. I could see him more likely for the rumored Iron Man wave coming, and Mandarin for that matter, but I'll take em any way I can get em!

On 1/30/2022 at 1:53 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"...maybe people need to go directly to their walgreens managers at store level and insist they stock legends. go buy every Legend on the peg, and say we need more!,"

So if they have 8 of this figure you don't want / already have, and 12 of another figure, you should spend $300.00 and up so there's nothing left, and the store manager will order the figure you really do want?

On 1/30/2022 at 6:24 PM, Atlantis said:

So if they have 8 of this figure you don't want / already have, and 12 of another figure, you should spend $300.00 and up so there's nothing left, and the store manager will order the figure you really do want?

It was being Facetious about that obviously, no likely you won't want to do that. But I'm not joking when I say a good plan of action is start by bringing it to the managers attention, if people go directly to the people in charge and demand they want the product at their location, it could work, maybe it won't just doesn't hurt to ask you know.

I had a store by me (not Walgreens) and they stopped stocking legends because they never sold them, I asked them if they would, the guy said sure we can bring in a case, which they did. If they see a demand they might put product on the shelf, clearly most stores see no demand since they arn't selling mustard daredevils they've had since 2016, so all they see is that this product doesn't sell.Most retail stores won't put new product on a shelf until previous inventory is depleted.

A grass-roots, consumer driven approach couldn't hurt, but that would mean this community organizing and taking action. Obviously, Mr. Anne leaving Walgreens hasn't helped, and any steps Hasbro may have taken behind the scenes to conjol Walgreens into stepping it back up have not led to real change at the store level either. Add to that, short-staffed, overworked employees/managers and continued supply chain issues, and I can see inland America continuing to have a problem getting their exclusives in the wild. Thats why I hope JayC or another helpful community member gives us a heads up when they can be purchased on walgreens.com, like was done with Nova.

On 1/30/2022 at 2:31 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"...was being Facetious about that obviously, no likely you won't want to do that.... But I'm not joking when I say a good plan of action is start by bringing it to the managers attention, if people go directly to the people in charge and demand they want the product at their location, it could work, maybe it won't just doesn't hurt to ask you know...."

I kinda thought you were lol. 😁

When they first started stocking Legends there was a good healthy supply and they sold at a very good pace. Obviously some figures did better than others, as would happen with any line at any outlet. Medusa hung around and mustard DD collected dust. Figures that were produced after, though,  sold out. And then we noticed newer ones weren't coming in; I know for a fact it was brought to the managers' attention, because everytime I asked at either store I went to, I was told "yeah we get a lot of requests for those but they haven't been shipping to us". Asking the manager whats up, is one of the first things done because like I said, before they were being stocked at a good pace. People have been commenting for years now on this forum about the problem and about walgreens specifically, and they've been going to the managers so that's clearly not working. 

Also it really shouldn't matter if this or that person is no longer at a company; its a poor business decision to have a single point of failure like that. One can come up with any number of reasons but it doesn't get the product in our hands. The bottom line is that hasbro is marketing these as exclusive to walgreens and the majority of potential consumers can't buy them from walgreens. They're not in the brick and mortar, they're not in another store (yet) and not counting the very recent release of Nova, they're not available on walgreens' website. When @MonsterChris asks what are the chances he'll ever get Baron Zemo, the answer is "not likely", at least if things continue as they have been. And thats a shame, 'cause there are thousands of us out here that would like to buy these. 

As for myself, I just repeat: I'll just spend my money elsewhere.

Note that they did the lines on Zemo. Check out his belt. If only they would do those lines for the likes of Spider-Man, Shocker. That belt is almost perfect for the Vision. Sure beats that cheap, painted on thing they've been doing. Oh, Legends....you wound me....

Zemo isn't a fave of mine but yeah, if I see him (which looks unlikely) I'll pick him up. I mean, purple suit and hood with ermine fur trim around the shoulders and boots. You gotta wonder what these artists (Kirby, the original Zemo?) were thinking when they came up with this. 

On 1/30/2022 at 7:49 PM, Atlantis said:

I kinda thought you were lol. 😁

When they first started stocking Legends there was a good healthy supply and they sold at a very good pace. Obviously some figures did better than others, as would happen with any line at any outlet. Medusa hung around and mustard DD collected dust. Figures that were produced after, though,  sold out. And then we noticed newer ones weren't coming in; I know for a fact it was brought to the managers' attention, because everytime I asked at either store I went to, I was told "yeah we get a lot of requests for those but they haven't been shipping to us". Asking the manager whats up, is one of the first things done because like I said, before they were being stocked at a good pace. People have been commenting for years now on this forum about the problem and about walgreens specifically, and they've been going to the managers so that's clearly not working. 

Also it really shouldn't matter if this or that person is no longer at a company; its a poor business decision to have a single point of failure like that. One can come up with any number of reasons but it doesn't get the product in our hands. The bottom line is that hasbro is marketing these as exclusive to walgreens and the majority of potential consumers can't buy them from walgreens. They're not in the brick and mortar, they're not in another store (yet) and not counting the very recent release of Nova, they're not available on walgreens' website. When @MonsterChris asks what are the chances he'll ever get Baron Zemo, the answer is "not likely", at least if things continue as they have been. And thats a shame, 'cause there are thousands of us out here that would like to buy these. 

As for myself, I just repeat: I'll just spend my money elsewhere.

Well totally it's not just one man's departure from a company that would be the focal cause of this situation, as you state well if people are already and have been in the past asking where these figures are at retail directly to the managers of their stores, well clearly there is more wrenches in the cogs of this partnership between Walgreens and Hasbro, I wish I knew a remedy, maybe perhaps they in the past few years have spread these exclusives to thin, alotting to many to non US markets resulting in less product for the states, If I remember correctly in the beginning when Walgreens first got exclusives we in Canada didn't get them, but we In Canada do now get these Walgreens exclusives at EB games and they have been fairly bountiful, perhaps the supply has been shifted towards the markets they see as having more sales of said figures (which would be all supply and demand issues), maybe since these figures do well in Canada (because they are easier to get) they think they sell better here, and send more, and then the US gets less, which is because they never got them they see them as not selling well, the opportunity isn't there for buyers, it's a terrible thing honestly that these two companies can't figure things out, but the worst part is neither Walgreens or Hasbro are willing to admit that they have failed and need to alter their game, I mean the Legends team addressed it but what does that do, they don't put boots to the ground.

it's naturally the whole exclusive formula that causes the most issues here, it's a real thorn in the collectors community's side, and the companies...they don't care about us, bottom line dollar sign , no matter how they obtain it.