Marvel Legends Walgreens Exclusive Baron Zemo In-Hand Figure Image

JayC

On 1/31/2022 at 1:54 AM, Atlantis said:

Note that they did the lines on Zemo. Check out his belt. If only they would do those lines for the likes of Spider-Man, Shocker. That belt is almost perfect for the Vision. Sure beats that cheap, painted on thing they've been doing. Oh, Legends....you wound me....

Zemo isn't a fave of mine but yeah, if I see him (which looks unlikely) I'll pick him up. I mean, purple suit and hood with ermine fur trim around the shoulders and boots. You gotta wonder what these artists (Kirby, the original Zemo?) were thinking when they came up with this. 

Well he's a Baron, so he's trying to look as regal as possible.

On 1/31/2022 at 1:54 AM, Atlantis said:

Note that they did the lines on Zemo. Check out his belt. If only they would do those lines for the likes of Spider-Man, Shocker. That belt is almost perfect for the Vision. Sure beats that cheap, painted on thing they've been doing. Oh, Legends....you wound me....

Zemo isn't a fave of mine but yeah, if I see him (which looks unlikely) I'll pick him up. I mean, purple suit and hood with ermine fur trim around the shoulders and boots. You gotta wonder what these artists (Kirby, the original Zemo?) were thinking when they came up with this. 

I'm betting they would say the paint budget only allows us to paint some sculpted detail but not it all

I've given up on trying to get any figures from Walgreens...The store in my town hasn't put anything new on the shelves in I don't now how long... Star Wars is a void... the only Marvel Legends is yellow Daredevil...and It's G.I. What...oh Joe, no we don't have those...So when I see Walgreens exclusives it's how much am I going to pay on Ebay...

That headsculpt is just superb along with the rest of the details they put into this. Just a definitive zemo to me. However I dont count on being ever able to obtain him. Hes not one of those villains I have to have so Im ok with that thought. But he does look reallly good. 

I'd get this if it wasn't a Walgreens exclusive, but not going to pay extra (because impossible to find at retail) when I'm fine with the prior version. I still haven't gotten Quasar and he's a much bigger want for me than a slightly better Zemo.

Shown below via jwmp_show are more in-hand images for the new Marvel Legends comic based Baron Zemo figure from Hasbro which here in the US will be sold as a Walgreens exclusive but already started seeing release this past weekend at overseas retailers. Check out the new images below.

Baron-Zemo-00.jpg

Baron-Zemo-01.jpg

Baron-Zemo-02.jpg

Baron-Zemo-03.jpg

Baron-Zemo-04.jpg

Baron-Zemo-05.jpg

Baron-Zemo-06.jpg

Baron-Zemo-07.jpg

Baron-Zemo-08.jpg

Baron-Zemo-09.jpg

Baron-Zemo-10.jpg

Baron-Zemo-11.jpg

Baron-Zemo-12.jpg

Baron-Zemo-13.jpg

Baron-Zemo-14.jpg

Baron-Zemo-15.jpg

Baron-Zemo-16.jpg

Baron-Zemo-17.jpg

Baron-Zemo-18.jpg

Baron-Zemo-19.jpg

Baron-Zemo-20.jpg

Baron-Zemo-21.jpg

Baron-Zemo-23.jpg

Baron-Zemo-24.jpg

Baron-Zemo-25.jpg

Baron-Zemo-26.jpg

Baron-Zemo-27.jpg

I can't see going to a scalper. No way is this thing worth $40+. I remember when MODOK came out and hasbro was retailing it at $50.00; no way would I pay that, and couldnt understand why they thought they could pull that off. I mean if it had lights or sound or something, maybe I could see it. As it is, its often found now marked down to $30.00, so I would recommend everyone save their euro. Zemo will probably go down in price too. Of course theres the chance it might show up on wg's site the way Nova did. Scalpers gonna hate that @#$!

This is my Zemo so I’ll be watching for him. But since I’ve seen zip for Quasars I’m betting I’ll have to go overseas or eBay. 

Is the ‘handle’ on his belt comic accurate? Quick google search doesn’t show it.. even if it is I’ll be cutting it off, looks dumb. 

On 2/3/2022 at 6:30 PM, McHogan said:

"....Is the ‘handle’ on his belt comic accurate? Quick google search doesn’t show it.. even if it is I’ll be cutting it off, looks dumb....."

Yep, it is....for example, Mike Zeck drew it like that in the Official Handbook Marvel Universe and in his run on Captain America. What purpose it has, I have no idea, but it did once seem to act as some kind of harness or set of garter straps because it attached to his mask (two yellow thin straps from the "handle" to hood, both front and back). The belt wasn't always drawn with that attachment though.....the back straps weren't there when John Buscema drew the Masters of Evil storyline, where they put Hercules in a coma.

3745fdda-61bc-4f8c-a3ba-bcbc9589f107_rw_600.jpg

RCO002.jpg

moe-zemo.jpg