Get Ready To Meet The All-New, All-Different

JayC

Armed with a new creative team and a bold lineup, the most dangerous group of Avengers returns more savage than ever this May!

Ringo Award-winning writer David Pepose (Spencer & Locke, Scout’s Honor) will make his Marvel Comics debut alongside superstar artist Carlos Magno (KANG THE CONQUEROR, RoboCop: Dead or Alive) in a new SAVAGE AVENGERS run. The series will introduce an all-new, all different team of Marvel’s fiercest warriors that will resonate across every era of the House of Ideas! Revealed today on Marvel’s official Twitter account, assembling by Conan’s side will be Daredevil(Elektra), Anti-Venom, Black Knight, Cloak & Dagger, and Weapon H. Together, they’ll fight their way through the Hyborian Age with an evil Deathlok hot on their trail!

Since his exile from the Hyborian Age, Conan the Barbarian has conquered the most dangerous foes the modern Marvel Universe has to offer — but what happens when this hard-edged Cimmerian finds himself on the run from the cybernetic soldier of the future known as Deathlok? Outgunned and outmatched, Conan must turn to an unlikely group of loners, berserkers and killers if he hopes to survive the night — but can these Savage Avengers defy Deathlok’s murderous manhunt, or will they become the next targets in the crosshairs of tomorrow?

“Making my Marvel debut with SAVAGE AVENGERS is like getting drafted to the Yankees and then being told you also get to play for the Rangers on the weekend — not only do I get to write Conan the Barbarian, one of the most iconic characters in sword and sorcery, but I get to throw him into the wildest adventures imaginable alongside a brand-new crew of Marvel fan-favorites!” Pepose said. “Teaming up Conan with Daredevil, Anti-Venom, Weapon H, Black Knight, and Cloak and Dagger allows so much personality and potential to this series, and artist Carlos Magno delivers showstopper after showstopper as he brings these characters to life — I can’t wait for readers to see what sparks fly when Conan and company are pitted against the most dangerous Deathlok of them all. Get ready to experience an epic battle of Cyborg versus Cimmerian, because this May, only the Savage will survive…”

"Working on SAVAGE AVENGERS is like a baptism of fire,” Magno added. “It's like David Pepose and I are dealing with nitroglycerin".

Don’t miss out on a bold new beginning for Marvel’s most savage super heroes when SAVAGE AVENGERS #1 arrives on May 4.

SAVAGE AVENGERS #1
Written by DAVID PEPOSE
Art by CARLOS MAGNO
Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Teaser Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
On Sale 5/4

SAVAGE-AVENGERS-Promo.jpg

SAVAVEN2022001_Cov.jpg

On 2/3/2022 at 1:14 PM, NotNamed said:

So Elektra is Daredevil now? After Jane Foster as Thor, what's next, Mary Jane as Spider-man? Sue Richards as Mr. Fantastic? Reed Richards as the Invisible Woman?

There was a reason. Matt went to jail for murder. Electra wanted Matt's help but he didn't trust her. So she because DareDevil and didn't kill anyone while he served his time. Once he got out she stayed in the new DareDevil costume. Was a good run in DareDevil

On 2/3/2022 at 10:44 PM, SUPREME007 said:

Definitely. And a new weapon H and with so much Conan stuff they got to come around to that.

Unfortunately, Marvel only owns the comic rights to the character. The creator's estate owns everything else, and currently they liscence it out to other companies, including Super-7 and Mezco.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:45 PM, memocromatico said:

Shouldn’t we be past the “all new, all different”? It’s been going for a few years now. Not hating on the storylines, I haven’t followed any, but… I think it’s time for an update on their advertising

For a few years? "All-New, All-Different X" dates back to the Giant-Size X-Men team:

uncanny-x-men-103-cov.jpg

The first run of Savage Avengers was a fun run but they definitely weren’t a official Avengers team.

Glad to see Black Knight back in an Avengers comic even if it’s the D team. Though his last two minis went a long way towards destroying a great character. Kinda worried where he goes from there.

Not that this hasn’t been happening for years but EVERY one is an Avenger these days. Cloak and Dagger? Really? Weren’t they apart of a fake XMen team a while ago too? The one with the fake Guardian, Dark Beast & Emma Frost?  Egads..

Conan is cool though. Used to own the ToyBiz version and looked every where for him when I saw him in Savage Avengers. He’s lost. May try my hand at customizing one from the various He-Man figures I’ve seen. One or two of them have the right parts, just have to pop and swap but no idea if it would be as easy as swapping Legends parts.

Ive long since stopped collecting monthlies but I’ll probably grab the TPB like I did the first run. 

On 2/3/2022 at 5:20 PM, ADour said:

For a few years? "All-New, All-Different X" dates back to the Giant-Size X-Men team:

uncanny-x-men-103-cov.jpg

This is true. This was/is a theme or "hook" for Marvel for a long time. After the fiasco that was the ANAD era from Marvel it's almost too easy to groan any time we here the term, but let's not forget a few good things came away from that term. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything in recent years but at least these are somewhat original and moderately well recieived characters with an original team and they don't seem to be trying to usurp or replace an existing bunch of characters. Not yet, anyway.

I mean Savage Avengers comic seemed soo new and now it gets all new all different reboot, titles barely manage to reach 30 issues nowadays, but i guess its only way to sustain interest and sales.  But what I wonder is if Hasbro has any rights to produce Conan figure based on these comics at least in two packs or multipacks with Marvel figures?