New Marvel Legends Listings Discovered

JayC

Thor is definitely the most overlooked main Marvel character in the ML line. Even the dozen villians, made into MLs, that were first or mainly associated with him, have either been released in waves that have nothing to do with him, or been some sort of SDCC exclusive. Hopefully the presumed success of a fourth Thor (Love & Thunder) movie will increase interest in the character and his supporting comic cast... because most of them have either been killed or never introduced in the MCU. I like Atlantis' wave, but really want to see more Thor related gods in a wave(s) in the future. Balder, Heimdall, Skurge, Karnilla, Pluto, Zeus, and a redesigned Ares done on a newer buck. And I have never been a fan of the one Odin we got. It's boring, drab, and too small a buck for the character - Odin is a massive guy! It really was designed more for the Old Lord Thor tandem BAF that was in the Thor comic at the time. Give us a regal, ornate Odin, the way Big John Buscema use to draw him. Now those would be a wave I could really get behind and buy the whole thing. Yeah, yeah, I can already hear you saying some of those characters are too obscure and unknown. But again, I would like to see Thor 4 lift the characters supporting cast to a higher profile, driving more interest and possibly demand in the comic characters.

Cool, always fun to see these listings and get yer mind going, of course none of this seems surprising we all knew Thor was getting a wave this year, Spiderverse 2, and more D+.

I won't make guesses I always like being excited about reveals.

New Marvel Legends listings seems to be leaking out of the woodwork recently and thanks to this find by Preternia we have another one to share with you. It's a listing for a Marvel Legends Thor King Valkyrie Deluxe figure from Hasbro. Possibly another figure for the upcoming Love and Thunder movie. When more details become available we will be sure to pass them on to you.

Deluxe-Thor.jpg

On 2/5/2022 at 8:34 PM, monron999 said:

Agree with this. Thor has been the most underappreciated character since the start of Legends.

I also second this notion.

The Thor section of Marvel Comics has some of the most interesting characters, and the Legends team seem to never want to explore it. There are so many characters that either deserve to be redone, or released in the first place. I know they can only release so many waves in a year, but can they please find a way to squeeze in some Thor characters?

I'd much rather see figures of characters like Odin, Sif, Baldur, Heimdall, Hela, Enchantress, Skurge, Gorr, the Destroyer, Ymir/Laufey (Haslab), but instead we get some weird off-shoot stuff like AoA.

I don't want to take away from the other waves we've gotten. I just wish we got some Thor love sprinkled in between the Iron Man, Deadpool, X-Men, and Spider-Man waves. They each get like 3 or 4 waves before we get a Thor figure, let alone a whole (comic) wave. With the redo of Ulik, it gives me hope that we might start to see some more. But we'll see

On 2/4/2022 at 12:41 AM, Virtualzach said:

Why would a Hawkeye themed set feature She Hulk, Ms Marvel or really any of the others you listed?  Kingpin is a deluxe sized figure twice-released now.  Bishop has absolutely nothing to do with arrows.   I would try again.  

Why, because they're a disney+- themed wave and it does make sense. Not sure why youre saying Bishop has nothing to do with arrows when her whole existence is based on taking over the Hawkeye role. 

Even so, I've learned LONG ago that waves don't necessarily have to compliment each other; they very often include this or that figure that generally has little to do with the others. 

On 2/3/2022 at 3:43 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I want them too, but I highly doubt it'll happen in this wave. The MCU versions are all dead, so they won't have a role in the movie, and comic versions or past movie versions would be better suited to a 3-pack. The most we would get would be one of them in comic form in this wave, I'd imagine.

I of course prefer the comic versions of the Warriors Three, but them being dead in the MCU doesn't matter. After all Legends did sacrificial lamb Quicksilver, and his useless behind has been dead for years. 

On 2/7/2022 at 1:04 PM, Atlantis said:

I of course prefer the comic versions of the Warriors Three, but them being dead in the MCU doesn't matter. After all Legends did sacrificial lamb Quicksilver, and his useless behind has been dead for years. 

True, but Quicksilver was released in an anniversary wave, not a regular BAF wave. I do think we'll eventually get the MCU versions, but it will be in another MCU anniversary wave at some point. My main point was there's likely no chance they'll show up in the LAT wave.

I highly doubt Legends is ready to do an Aragorn. They havent even done Lockjaw yet (which now that I type this I realize means nothing because logic isnt their strong suit). A horse is monumental enough, but to add articulated wings? Right now I think that's beyond their capability/ skill level. Sure would be cool though.  I would love it if this proposed deluxe  turned out to be the classic comic Valkyrie. New mold, Dragonfang, big ol' spear, nice shiny paint for her armored parts....alt heads, bunch of hands/fists but beyond some magic effects I'm not sure how that would rate a deluxe. Time will tell.

On 2/7/2022 at 2:18 PM, Ironspider428 said:

True, but Quicksilver was released in an anniversary wave, not a regular BAF wave. I do think we'll eventually get the MCU versions, but it will be in another MCU anniversary wave at some point. My main point was there's likely no chance they'll show up in the LAT wave.

Quicksilver is also notably a much more popular character than the Warriors 3. I think a comic Skurge has a higher chance of making it into the wave.

On 2/7/2022 at 2:20 PM, watanabefan said:

Quicksilver is also notably a much more popular character than the Warriors 3. I think a comic Skurge has a higher chance of making it into the wave.

Comic Skurge seems like a pretty good guess. Assuming we get 2/7 comic figure in the wave, my guess for the other one would be classic Beta Ray Bill or maybe a repacked figure of some kind, like comic Sif or Hela.